• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Give me advice here! Which board???

TRUNKS

Something
NLC
Which board should I get out of these 4?

Net.Polemics
Ikonboard
phpBB
YaBB

I think Ill do Ikonboard but is there anyone that would advise against it?

Go with iKonBoard 3. I have been using it on my website for some time now and I have been very happy with it. It is fully customizable too! I highly suggest iKonBoard. The installation is also a breeze!

i like yabb and phpbb (i know people complain a lot with phpbb though)

I like them all Yabb, OpenBB, phpBB, Burning Board, Xmb, and ikonoboard. But my favorite of the free ones is phpBB.

I tried almost all the scripts here, I think phpbb and ikonboard come out of others.

The manin reason I chose ib3:
1. phpbb doesn't have an upload function now.
2. phpbb is developed by a group of people who love to do that, ikonboard is also developed by the professional and experienced developers, but they are also backed by a public company. It seems to me, phpbb people do it when they are free, it's ib people's job to get the best board out.

Yabb is so easy to hack so if you did use it make sure your server has high security. Ikonboard is the best out of the list although installation on NT servers can be annoying. It is easier to do than the other versions though.

what about burning board? thats what i use (on foxserv.net) along with wbb portal. works pretty nice.

Originally posted by MrCary
iKonBoard is a resource hog.

Go with OpenBB *MrCary Looks at his sig* :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

*looks at your sig too* thats not sometihng id be proud of! :p :bandit2:

OpenBB is great in the its fast and highly customizable (you can completely rearrange/add/remove stuff). I recommend it if you want to integrate it into your site.

As much as BB is my favourite, I actually use OpenBB on one of my sites.

Thought i'd let you all know im not an intolerant hatemonger when it comes to free message boards.

Back