• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Glomar is gone.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
This year is very important to me and probably could make a significant impact on my political or judicial career. Can't decide which I will do yet.

Hi, Hime-chan speaking!

I've been searching the forums for things that interest me for a while, and now I stumbled upon this thread ... I couldn't resist, I have to make a post.

I think I know how you feel. I'm roughly your age, and I'll finish my school education next year or the year after that.

But let me tell you something: don't set your goals too high. I don't know how that is for you, but I went through a few years I would've rather missed out on because I did take myself too seriously then.

I changed school, and suddenly I wasn't best of the class anymore - I was worst. I tried to work myself up again, which meant studying several hours after school and one or two before, and through my lunch breaks. I don't know if you're taking it to that extreme, but to make a long story short, I went through an self-mutilating phase and am now permanently stricken with a wide array of allergic asthma.

Don't think about carreer yet - think about your up-coming finals and what you want to be good in. Think about the large decisions coming directly up and make them, organize your priorities (which you've obviously already been doing since you're closing down your hosting service). If you feel the need to get free time from studying, cut yourself off from the internet and leave it so that you can only access the net from the public.

If I want to study seriously, I take a weekend trip to the sea, where I can sit at the beach, read my books and not be distracted by anything. I hope this helped? I'm afraid it's totally off topic, but I really just want to help.

I think you shouldn't be so aggressive towards people - I don't think anyone means any ill will. Of course people know the finals year is important, but talking about career really isn't the right thing if you still have to worry about your exams in the first place.

Hime-chan
-------
:) :eek: :) :eek: :)

Giancarlo,

Take it easy - all this hurling abuse at people might get you banned and having you on the forum adds something to it.

Don't take it all so seriously

enjoy being young

and avoid politics if you don't like people saying you're talking crap ;)

The only thing I have to contribute to this thread is a quote from the great William Blake:

"To generalize is to be an idiot."

I always thought that was Voltaire...

Also, Giancarlo... Did you actually host anybody's website? Did Glomar have any customers?

The quote I remember most from Voltaire is, "If God did not exist, it would be neccessary for man to create him." It's from Letters, if I remember correctly.
I remember Giancarlo talking about having an ulcer already; that's really sad. (The only person I've ever known that has had an ulcer at his age had it from a bacterial infection. He basically has no immune system to speak of.) He really needs to calm down. Maybe he should go see his Guidance Counselor or something. ;) He may also have multiple personalities or split-personality. Considering he said he was about to sue me over the anti-giancarlo site, and then said he never cared at all. I really wasn't planning on dedicating a whole site to him, it would boost his ego far too much. I was actually thinking about setting up a forum at that domain. Were people could voice their opinions about whoever had been pissing them off so it didn't clog up messageboards like this one and Yupapa.

You know what? I never seen so much bullshit in my life... this is sad and pathetic. All I said I was going to close down the site after getting 12 Requests for hosting, it isn't much harder to comprehend then that... what is so difficult about that? I don't have the time or the patience to run a host, and am ----ING TIRED OF THIS SHIT I AM RECEIVING! I have cut myself of from the internet for the past three days and utilized that time wisely. Bigperm is an -------, who doesn't have a clue on what he saying. Good Day, and wish you the best luck.

And Zero, you idiot, I didn't mean that seriously, what a bunch of crack smokers, stupid idiots that should be taught a lesson.

So are we back to the 'mean' Giancarlo... Soon to turn again into the 'remorseful' Giancarlo? Who cares? Good Dictator? Whatever... You'd get laughed out of office.

Come on, everyone!

Especially you, Giancarlo. Try to do yourself a favor and not ridicule the matter further. Especially since the topic has long since used up every entertainment value or serious undertones it may have had.

The problem is, that you're biting back at everyone who makes a comment at you. That makes you look like the immature child you try very hard not to be.

Use the chance being online gives you - don't hit the space key or whatever your means of activating the "submit reply" button is. If I offended you now, I'm seriously sorry, since I hate offending people.

Just remember that you were the one who started the impolite tone, so be prepared to either close it again or keep silent when it comes back.

~ Hime-Chan
"You give me all kind of nourishment, like miso soup with seeweed!"

I say this thread should be closed. It isn't productive and isn't helping anyone. Only about the first and maybe the second pages of this 5 page thread have anything to do with the topic - "Glomar Webhosting is Gone" The fact that Glomar webhosting has closed has been well established, and therefore, further posts in this thread aren't needed. The discussion on whether or not Giancarlo is taking himself too seriously, whether or not he's working to hard, whether of not he's taking on too much responsibility, etc. is stupid. It's no one's business but his own. How he wants to run his personal life is his decision.

Sure, it's his own life, but I guess some people here were pissed off when he said he's closing down after he went around claiming his host was "99.9% up" and how his was waaaaaay better than that "immature" Yupapa's host, and others were angry at his comments.

Yep, Peo.. or whomever comes first.... do lock/throw this thread!

I just wanted to make it clear I am not shutting my site because of Yupapa. My site may have said 99.9% and while it was up that was completely fulfilled but now I realized that it requires more than a hour a day. Agreed, I control my own life and tried to give a decent explanation why I would want to close Glomar.net, not only is the hosting gone but the site is gone aswell.

Thank You. Now Peo, I am also requesting that this thread be closed aswell.

That's nice... one less person ranting about politics on the net. I'm sure all 12 of his users are very disappointed.;)

Back