• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Has Anyone Used HostVoice.com To Get Clients?

94MB.com

I am considering trying hostvoice.com to sign up more clients. Has anyone any experience with there services. If you do, was it worth the money?

Thank you in advanced

Andrew
94MB.com Powerful Online Solutions

I once used it from an end-users point of view about 2 years ago, Ever since - despite asking the hosts to stop they keep sending me emails.

I'd say from an end-user's point of view it's an annoying website to say the least.

I have never heard of such service... And I think that it is very risky to buy customers. Customer must want you not you want customer ;)

I personally wouldn't use it to find a host. I guess it is only as trustworthy as the hosts who use it.

If your customer is bought that means he can leave you in a week with chargeback. Thta is not kind of business we are looking for.

From reading the site, the impression i get is that they are sending you the details of people who are looking for hosting, they then send that info to 4 hosts and charge the hosts $6 for that persons info (if they are looking for what you are offering), that's if they sign up or not. I am just wondering if its worth a few $100's of this months advertising budget to "test it out" or do you think that money is better spent elsewhere.

No need to buy customers mate. Try to believe in the quality of service you provide. Customers will come towards you if you provide good service and reputation is the best advertisement IMHO.

No need to buy customers mate. Try to believe in the quality of service you provide. Customers will come towards you if you provide good service and reputation is the best advertisement IMHO.

I 100% agree! It's always good to get your company name out there and have clients posting positive comments. But you have to do that, you can't be paying other people to get you recommended and get the word out there, you need to put in the effort too!

The concept of the service itself could be considered risky....they simply provide leads which web hosts pay for, and don't guarantee any client. For example, I could end up paying $20 for a lead to a client who ended up going with a different web host a few hours before. It's fairly similar to Google AdSense - someone clicks on your high profile link, you pay the money. No one is there to stop them from going to another provider.

I personally wouldn't use it to find a host. I guess it is only as trustworthy as the hosts who use it.
Neither would I again. I used itas an end customer and I still get hosting emails 2 years latter.
From reading the site, the impression i get is that they are sending you the details of people who are looking for hosting, they then send that info to 4 hosts and charge the hosts $6 for that persons info (if they are looking for what you are offering), that's if they sign up or not. I am just wondering if its worth a few $100's of this months advertising budget to "test it out" or do you think that money is better spent elsewhere.
Exactly On wHT there are areas t ofill in information if you rlooking for a host
They sell your contact info via hostvoice to webhosts and webhosts pay money to contact you. They sell your name to 5 or 6 hosts and then they email the user and spam them.
The concept of the service itself could be considered risky....they simply provide leads which web hosts pay for, and don't guarantee any client. For example, I could end up paying $20 for a lead to a client who ended up going with a different web host a few hours before. It's fairly similar to Google AdSense - someone clicks on your high profile link, you pay the money. No one is there to stop them from going to another provider.
Its extreemly risky. Honestly stick to more professional and traditional methods.

Back