• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Has God ever spoken to you?

guitarnerd

Microsoft owns all
NLC
I've always been grown up in a Christian family but as intelligence would have it, I've started to have a lot of questions about what God is.

I have so many memories of people from churches, even my own Mother saying "God told me..." or "God said..." etc.

As much as I have been around all these Godly people I can never, in the entirety of my life, honestly admit I have ever, even once, heard God speak to me. Not even so much as a murmur, or even an undeniable hunch. I pretty much feel my thoughts have always come from my own head and not something else. So what the heck are all these other people hearing?

Also, if God is unchanging then why does the Bible represent him so much differently than he seems to be today? Why are there no burning bushes? Propecies? Are all these people lying?

As I have grown up I've learned about Science and I am appalled at how quickly people dismiss the bang theory. The bang theory is in no way a theory that denies the existence of God. The only thing the theory provides an explanation for is the fact that our universe is expanding and that all known galaxies are moving o-u-t-w-a-r-d-s (why was this word censored?) therefore this must mean that we started at some central location and the only reason would be moving is because of an explosion. I've noticed that christians never say "God told me the <insert some scientific theory here> is false" they just say it is

It's almost as if religious people deny science out of fear that it might make them wrong.

How can people be so ignorant to these things...why must I sit in church on Sunday when I am half-asleep and listen to a mediocre band play some boring music all saying the same thing and then some boring guy talk about some boring subject he picked out of the bible for an hour or two.

If God gave me this powerful brain I am sure he intended for me to do more with it than be bored.

American religious people tend to be ignorant to other countries as well. Such as Asia being mostly agnostic.

It is a big step for me to say it and for some reason makes me feel somewhat guilty but if some child is raised to be some religion (atheist, agnostic, morman, christian, whatever) are you actually trying to tell me that God is sending them to hell for not being fortunate enough to be raised to believe the right religion? No way can I believe that...

All that said I believe in God but only cause I choose to. It's hard for me to accept that God talks to some and not to others but who am I to say they are wrong. I also believe cause, I want to believe there is something after death. Preferably not getting tortured cause I was wrong about a few beliefs and cause some dispute between God and one of his ex-friends. I'd much rather go to heaven than just have...nothing...and besides, I'd like to believe matter and atoms, and the universe was made by something, and hopefully it's cool enough that nobody actually knows what it is.

How about you?

Time for one of these threads again...

Has God every spoken to me? In my world, where I have my own knowledge, experiences, and beliefs...yes.

As far as religions denying science, that is just ignorance. But I must say that sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Canuckkev said:
Has God every spoken to me? In my world, where I have my own knowledge, experiences, and beliefs...yes.

I understand if this is a personal experience but if you could share a little more I would be interested.

God and I are tight. We were at Taco Time the other day, and he gave me half of his burrito. He was going to some fancy dinner at his girlfriend's parents' place that night, and didn't want to spoil his appetite.

He told me many things. Meaning of life, meaning of death, why we're here, who's out there, and the 11 secret herbs and spices in KFC seasoning.

God has a cat. I know, I'm a little disappointed as well. I'm not even sure if his landlord knows, because I'm pretty sure it's a no-pet apartment complex.

God listens to the soft rock folk stylings of James Taylor, but gets down to Foghat when he's feeling aggressive.

And what did the experience do for me? I can safely say that it was the best half a burrito I've ever had.

I apologize for assuming I was going to get some literal and intelligent responses...silly me

God and I are tight. We were at Taco Time the other day, and he gave me half of his burrito. He was going to some fancy dinner at his girlfriend's parents' place that night, and didn't want to spoil his appetite.

He told me many things. Meaning of life, meaning of death, why we're here, who's out there, and the 11 secret herbs and spices in KFC seasoning.

God has a cat. I know, I'm a little disappointed as well. I'm not even sure if his landlord knows, because I'm pretty sure it's a no-pet apartment complex.

God listens to the soft rock folk stylings of James Taylor, but gets down to Foghat when he's feeling aggressive.

And what did the experience do for me? I can safely say that it was the best half a burrito I've ever had.

The half I gave you was down my pants.

I apologize for assuming I was going to get some literal and intelligent responses...silly me

Apology accepted.

Hmmm.... well for a while I just denied the fact that the big bang theory was true. The part I overlooked was... God could've caused the big bang to happen thus everything being created. If you just look at it two random atoms rubbing together and blowing up causes a big bang that just seems foolish. If you add a creator to it(god) than it makes sense!

Everyone goes off on Tom Cruise because Scientology is a pretty wacky religion. I agree 100% that Scientology is really wacky, but it is no more wacky than Christianity. In fact, it is probably less wacky. Don't get me wrong, I have loads of fun making fun of Tom Cruise's wacky beliefs, but then again I also have loads of fun making fun of wacky Christian beliefs. I mean think about it. An invisible man in the sky who sees all, knows all, has a perfect plan for the universe... but is willing to change that perfect plan at the drop of a hat because some kid prays to him and asks him too. Christians also believe in a dude below the earth who will punish you for all eternity for just about everything and is the cause of all evil on Earth. Then there is some hippy guy rising from the dead, turning water into wine, walking on water, and healing the sick. Sure, that is far less wacky than aliens soul wars.

My point is that it is okay for society to make fun of Tom Cruise's dopey religion, but not okay to pick on President Bush's dopey religion. Can't we just say that all these religions are dopey and be done with it. There is one big difference, Tom Cruise isn't demanding that Phetons (or whatever Scientology calls it) be added to Science classes. He isn't demanding that disclaimers should be added to Psychology classes. Nor, is he claiming that there is a War on Scientology. Just some thoughts to think about.

Has god ever spoken to me, you say? I'd rather not discuss it, but I have my own beliefs. Unfortunately, they're just that, beliefs. The immortals I believe in are divided into categories and sub categories depending on how the category or parent categories are made up.

Example:
  • High Immortal
    • Subordinate Elemental Property
    • Another subordinate elemental property
  • High Immortal [Different Element]
    • Subordinate with same element.
    • Another subordinate with similar skills.
and so forth in that manner. However, I am not pushing my own belifs unto any of you... so I'd best leave now when I have the chance. There are also female immortals, which have a higher status than those in the male categories.

I haven't personally met this "God" but Ive heard some stuff about universe creation which was aparently done by this "God".

Put simply, there is "always" a higher life form.

In science fiction, Star Trek describes it well. Who's to say there is no similar creature to the Q? By definition, a life form like Q would be a god compared to us.

A life form that has unimaginable power, cant die, and can cause your very being or lifeforce to continue on in something like another dimension.

Can science prove that false? Can anyone truly deny the possibility?

That is the God I believe in, and in my beliefs, he may not fall into any particular religion we have here on earth. Religion changes over time, even Christianity. As a matter of fact, there were a lot of religious texts not even included in the Bible. He may have his angels, which are powerful beings suborninate to him, and they may very well affect much of our lives, and much of the universe.

I have never known God to talk directly to me, but I have seen needs fulfilled much to my surprise. I will explain one instance...

My ex wife was extremely violent. We couldnt have anything nice, because if she got mad, which she did easily, she would destroy those nice things to get at me because they were bought with my hard earned money. This was not a woman you could walk away from to avoid a fight, she would follow. She would hit you and claw you in the back while you try to leave. I couldnt get in the car and leave, because if I didnt lock the door, she would get in. If I did lock the door, she would climb on top. I couldnt walk far because her yelling and screaming was embarrassing.

One day she was unusually violent. I started to walk out, and she came after me. I turned around in the doorway and looked at her. She seemed to freeze, then turned around and walked away. This is the kind of woman that would destroy you, make you contemplate suicide, which I did, but certain beliefs stopped me. That night I walked across the apartment courtyard and layed down on the.... well, I guess you could call it a brick fence type thing about 3 ft high. Rarely do I intentionally pray, this night I did. Staring up at the moon, I prayed I could just walk back in, and no more fighting. I worked long hard laborous hours, I'm exhausted when I get home, and we had been fighting for a couple of hours. Surprisingly enough, I walk back in, everything was cleaned up, and it was as if a fight had never happen. She was nice and sweet, totally opposite of when I walked out.

She could have just out of the blue decided to stop that night. She could have felt bad and guilty.... I dont know. I didnt bring it up, neither did she. All I know is it was a prayer answered. I prayed for something much needed, and I got it within minutes. I know in my heart God answered that prayer.

Honestly, I believe that God was fabricated to explain every mystery.
I had these disease with only a 30% chance of survival. Clearly, God saved me, it wasn't because I was part of the 30% that lived, it was GOD!

Thanks for sharing your story Webdude. As much as I don't care for organized religion, I still find it insulting when others say something along the lines of "believing in God is weak".

I don't understand why. If praying to God gives one strength, then surely it isn't a silly waste of time...

Back