• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HostBig gone?

Gotta love how easy it is to convey meaning on internet forums :cry2:
You will often hear of people with the *.net domains later regretting it because they lose business from people typing in whatever.com instead of whatever.net to reach their site.

*.net domains are perfectly fine, *.info though... :)

so its a good job i own jndhost.net .com and .co.uk

think im going to stay away from .info though

Personally I believe that it doesn't matter what TLD you have, if you can prove you can provide a good, solid service then your onto a winner.

Also, .co.uk are great, In a recent survey conducted by Nominet, British Internet users are six times more likely to choose a .uk rather than a .com address when looking for information via an Internet Search Engine.

The survey also found that 62% of the 2,324 respondents believe a .uk address suggests a company is local and more relevant than a .com

Most importantly, 32% believe that it is important to register local domain names to attract local customers and customers from new markets.

.com is the main TLD, sure but that doesn't mean its the best ;), remember, your not selling your domain, your selling your service.

Be proud of that :).

New Rule: Don't trust anyone with a .net domain.

Hey now, that just isn't nice, I have 3 business using .net's and a new company that is in founding stages that will be a .net.

I can tell you and alot of others here can as well, I am no shady dealer, I most cases go out of my way, even when I was hosting over 200 clients.

I think I have a better rule...

Don't trust anyone trying to sell any type of service using a .info domain LOL

God. My servers catch so much bloody spam and crap coming in from stupid info domains. I wish they never existed.

You cannot limit to what kind of domain, that is very impractical, you need to limit by other means such as a companies support there quality of servers etc. Not by the domain name.

Back