• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hostmonster - any reviews ??

You can also do a search in forums like WHT.
By the way, what are your requirements? I think they are into overselling. Are you looking for such a business model?

ok I have an account with them for one of my business sites. I have no had any trouble with them they have kept up to their word so far. The only problem I had with them since I been with them was that the support can get out of hand and one of the live support techs cocked a attitude with my wife about her ativating my account for me since I am in Iraq right now...

About the Storage space for the price. I should just throw my whole hard drive on my site to see if it will hold it or if they are pulling my chain.
if you have any other questions about their features just pm me

About the Storage space for the price. I should just throw my whole hard drive on my site to see if it will hold it or if they are pulling my chain.

Which at that point, due to you having used such large disk space, they would look at your FTP and notice you have "Copyrighted Material" on their servers, which "Is against their TOS" -- you would be terminated at that point.

Lol..
Once i buyed a hosting for 1 year...
they made an account for me..
after just 1 day.. they mailed that u violate our terms.. (i not uploaded a single file..)
and closed my account..
i mailed them a lot.. but there was no reply for me..
finally i opened case in paypal and my money back..

i would suggest dont use them.. :cry2:

Lol..
after just 1 day.. they mailed that u violate our terms.. (i not uploaded a single file..)
and closed my account..

i would suggest dont use them.. :cry2:

lol... same with me... they suck... i mailed them n ask them why my web has been suspend.. they never replied..

api_;webdon said:
Lol..
and closed my account..

i would suggest dont use them..

lol... same with me... they suck... i mailed them n ask them why my web has been suspend.. they never replied..

Theres no way in hell a host can terminate a customer without proof of wrongdoing :confused4, i would of called them up and asked them what you violated in their TOS cause if you uploaded nothing. Unless you used their mail servers to spam

Theres other places u could complain to about Hostmonster, BBB maybe ??

I tried looking for their TOS on their site. I just can't find it. They don't make it very prominent do they (*hint hint*)?

I have an account with them for about 8 months or so now. I have transfered my domain elsewhere and still thinking if I'm going to renew my accounts with them or not. I have mirrored NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and MySQL on their server. The first time I did it, I found that all my files dissapeared for about 3 hours or so. I'm still keeping those mirrors and such. Not a bad experience from my side tho.

Oh, they disallow any forms of outgoing connections except on port 80 I think. You need to get a static IP with them for them to allow outgoing connections. I did get one and just to find out that they still block outgoing port 25 (which is what I needed to run my open relay test script).

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think about them. It's kind of reliable if you ask me, support's a bit bad though but that's just my 2 cents.

Back