• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosts using an unlimited reseller

Richard

CRM Consultant
Premium Member
Hey,

Seeing as hosts can no longer offer their unlimited packages around here, they are making up some stupid offers, like 30GB diskspace and 300GB bandwidth for $5/month.

It's easy to tell if a host is using an unlimited reseller, just do a DNS report, I will give an example:

Removed the Username + URL

DNS report:
OK: All of your mailservers have their host name in the greeting:

vnxhost.ch:
220-charlie.swduk.net ESMTP Exim 4.63 #1 Thu, 05 Apr 2007 05:17:24 -0500 220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, 220 and/or bulk e-mail.

http://swduk.net/content/master_reseller.html

The MASTER Reseller Hosting package is based on an unmetered account on one of our dedicated servers. The account is totally unlimited but does have terms and conditions and must follow our Acceptable use Policy. This MASTER Reseller Hosting Solution includes the following..

SPECIAL OFFER Price: £15.49 / Month

- Storage (Disk Space): UNLIMITED GB / Month
- Bandwidth: UNLIMITED GB / Month

- Control panel: CPANEL ADMIN / WHM / WHM RESELLER (Master reseller software)

So my answer, is he should be warned for making offers when he is still using this unlimited reseller.

What do the rest of you think? If we can prove they have an unlimited reseller using the report section, do you think they should be warned and their offer removed?

Last edited:
Do you think the mods will have the time and effort to go thru all the offers like that to see if they are on an unlimited account?

What about if they can offer this for that price? and there post gets deleted

People should just do whois on the domains to see how long the host has been running for

plbuck,

I would not mind reporting all offers I see that are using an unlimited reseller and then use the report feature to report the offer to the mods with proof in the form of links (DNS Report, Hosts site, etc) that prove they are using an unlimited reseller account.

But they (mostly kids) are then going to readvertise again and again, under different username breaking fws rules. All to prove a point that they are using and unlimited resellers account. The kids that want the massive amounts of space and bandwidth will end up going with other kids no matter if they are on a unlimited resellers or not.

I think a 14 year old with a fake paypal account is going to choose the $5 account over the 19.95 account.

Yes, but then at least they will eventually just give up once their new accounts keeps getting banned for breaking the rules.

its then putting more pressure on mods, deleting unwanted accounts, Going to other forums.....

They see how easy it can be to make money on the internet then they shall be determind to make it

At the end of the day, what is bad about kids selling hosting. They are giving it ago. Its just us adults that become tight and wish to pay $5 a month for excessive hosting knowing that its highly impossible.

Last edited:
The problem with kids selling hosting is that they are underage. Many of them are not even good with technical stuff.

They're unable to provide satisfactory services, and people buying hosting definitely need reliable hosting. Paying for a hosting service run by inexperienced kids can cause many troubles to both the host and hostee.

The educated should then know of this. It is adults that then get sucked into this $5 hosting to find they close down the week later. What stops us from stopping them creating a host. If they got the $10 it needs to start a host then they are going to start a host.

The problem with kids selling hosting is that they are underage.

Thats because they happen to be kids

@Kwek,

I don't know if you are a kid however it sound very like it by this post made a year ago http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84322

You provide a great hosting service that closed down within a year, How would you like me to accuse you of been on an unlimited resellers account

Last edited:
It's because there are loads of 100GB Diskspace and 1,000GB bandwidth for $1/month offers, that people think it's the normal, and as they think it's the normal, they request it.

At the current time, even some of the respected hosts on this forum are starting to offer 100+GB bandwidth for less than $5/month because it's the only way they can make a sale, using their reputation of non-overselling TO oversell.

Getting rid of the unlimited resellers wont stop this problem, but it will help educate the hosts, and the hostee's on the matter. And if they go to another forum, big deal, then it's their problem, not ours.

Can we discuss this without mentioning other members? Otherwise this will just be a thread where people attack eachother instead of discussing the issue. Thanks.

Can we discuss this without mentioning other members? Otherwise this will just be a thread where people attack eachother instead of discussing the issue. Thanks.

Sorry. I was just using it as an example.

The username and URL have been removed.

Yes we all want to kill them, but I think it's also wrong to ban/kick/bully web hosts because of their plan specs - whether it is unlimited or not. Where do you set the borderline? You can't.

If they want to provide 400GB/1000GB for 3 dollars, that is their business and their problem, none of us have the authority nor rights to tell them they can't do it and abuse at them.

The educated should then know of this. It is adults that then get sucked into this $5 hosting to find they close down the week later. What stops us from stopping them creating a host. If they got the $10 it needs to start a host then they are going to start a host.

Thats because they happen to be kids

@Kwek,

I don't know if you are a kid however it sound very like it by this post made a year ago http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84322

You provide a great hosting service that closed down within a year, How would you like me to accuse you of been on an unlimited resellers account
Lets get the facts right. Yes, I am a kid but I have learned from my experiences. Anyway, that was from ResellersPanel and it was long ago.

Anyway, since its on ResellersPanel it can't close down, but the domain expired. ;)

I don't mind you calling me a kid, I can be really childish sometimes in real life, and I am sure I have mentioned I am 15 before.

Honestly, I am surprised that you can still find that thread. I didn't know much about the rules then and didn't realise that ResellersPanel was prohibited... it seems that the moderators missed that thread. :p

Anyway, what I am trying to say that is kids cannot provide a reliable service. I know it as I have gone through it before... ;)

Thank you for your time in reading my 'kiddy' post.

I understand that they are having an impact, same as global warming is having on us and there is not really a great deal we can do about it.

It should not be a kids fault that this "professional host" does not make any money. (What is described as a professional host) how longs a piece of string?. It comes down to the business ethics behind a successful host, I am telling you now that a successful host does not get its clients from freewebspace.

@Kwek,

We have all been kids and some have ran a host, I am not saying that kids should not sell hosting and yes they may provide a bad service but what do people really expect for $5, they are not going to get 500gb of bandwidth. It is the "kids" that are complaining that these "kids" took my money. The kid is only reperesenting the name not the person itself.

I have been a kid and I still may be called a kid however no client of mine has ever felt the same way as some people do today, the main reason was; I did not offer 500gb for $3

Last edited:
It's not about your age or being a kid, it's about running a business/service that works.
Yes, but do the kids really have time to maintain their business? Unless they drop out of school that is. Well, there might be kids who can run a reliable service, but how many is that exactly? Most of the kids can't run a hosting service properly.

Would you trust a 14 year old kid to host your important sites? Unless his host is really reputated, you would not put too much trust into him to host your important files... Of course, I have to admit that the hostees have to check properly too and make sure the host they're going with can provide a reliable service.

Lets get the facts right. Yes, I am a kid but I have learned from my experiences. Anyway, that was from ResellersPanel and it was long ago.

Anyway, since its on ResellersPanel it can't close down, but the domain expired. ;)

I don't mind you calling me a kid, I can be really childish sometimes in real life, and I am sure I have mentioned I am 15 before.

Honestly, I am surprised that you can still find that thread. I didn't know much about the rules then and didn't realise that ResellersPanel was prohibited... it seems that the moderators missed that thread. :p

Anyway, what I am trying to say that is kids cannot provide a reliable service. I know it as I have gone through it before... ;)

Thank you for your time in reading my 'kiddy' post.

What facts did I get wrong?, You still have closed down because the domain had expired.

Would you trust a 14 year old kid to host your important sites? Unless his host is really reputated, you would not put too much trust into him to host your important files... Of course, I have to admit that the hostees have to check properly too and make sure the host they're going with can provide a reliable service.

Would you come to freewebspace to find hosting for a professional website?, and be tight to pay $1.29 a month? Via Paypal. Not requiring any business infomation, not having a TOS, or having one copied from another website without bothering changing names

Last edited:
Would you come to freewebspace to find hosting for a professional business?, and be tight to pay $1.29 a month? Via Paypal. Not requiring any business infomation, not having a TOS, or having one copied from another website without bothering changing names
Elaborate? I don't get what you mean by this.

What facts did I get wrong?, You still have closed down because the domain had expired.

Actually, the hosting site still can be accessed through another URL.

Elaborate? I don't get what you mean by this.

People running a business or a big website requiring hosting will not come to freewebspace for hosting, An experienced person will know of a host or will provide there own the rest will either pay top price thru there ISP or go with a reasonable host and dont mind parting with there money, the kids will go with kids.

Actually, the hosting site still can be accessed through another URL.

Know your just being smart

People running a business or a big website requiring hosting will not come to freewebspace for hosting, An experienced person will know of a host or will provide there own the rest will either pay top price thru there ISP or go with a reasonable host and dont mind parting with there money, the kids will go with kids.
That might not be the case. What makes you think that professional webmasters doesn't go on forums to look for a professional host for their sites? You're just assuming something which might not necessarily be true.

Know your just being smart
Not trying to prove anything or whatever there, just making a point.

Back