• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosts using an unlimited reseller

That might not be the case. What makes you think that professional webmasters doesn't go on forums to look for a professional host for their sites?
Professional hosts do not use FWS as there main source of clients, therefor not finding them here ........ It's the wanabees that advertise her as professional hosting

Professional Webmasters know the difference between a kiddy host and a non-kiddy host, they know how to do a whois and they are the ones willing to pay top $. Professional webmaster may know of a host that they think is reliable

Last edited:
Professional hosts do not use FWS as there main source of clients, therefor not finding them here ........ It's the wanabees that advertise her as professional hosting

Professional Webmasters know the difference between a kiddy host and a non-kiddy host, they know how to do a whois and they are the ones willing to pay top $. Professional webmaster may know of a host that they think is reliable
Professional hosts will certainly also come here as they will look for many different sources of clients, so as to increase their earnings. I have seen many professional hosts advertising here.

So are you trying to imply that we should educate the hostees? Yes the professional webmasters might know the difference but how about some people who just want to start a site and they have a good idea, but get tricked by some 'kiddy hosts'? Those on unlimited resellers definitely cannot offer what they promise...

the people that are going to start the sites are the kids and teens trying to make a quick buck. The adults will use local hosts to them or there ISP. I dont think many adults starting there first website will use paypal or an instant messenger to setup there hosting account.

I dont see many adults complaining about kiddy hosts hear...

To the original post, I dont think its a good idea to ban kiddy hosts using unlimited resellers its up to the puchaser to be aware of kiddy hosts. It descrimination aswell. Its saying you cannot advertise here because you use this type provider

the people that are going to start the sites are the kids and teens trying to make a quick buck. The adults will use local hosts to them or there ISP. I dont think many adults starting there first website will use paypal or an instant messenger to setup there hosting account.

I dont see many adults complaining about kiddy hosts hear...

To the original post, I dont think its a good idea to ban kiddy hosts using unlimited resellers its up to the puchaser to be aware of kiddy hosts. It descrimination aswell. Its saying you cannot advertise her because you use this type provider
Not really, there are adults who use shared hosting found from here and other web hosting forums too... why do you think that adults won't use such hosting services? I think you're seriously assuming too much stuff...

Well those adults must be happy with there choice, The only adults I have seen on here are requesting a recommendation for hosting service.

You seem to have a problem with kiddy hosts and you are a kid, No matter if its sucessful or not good on them for giving it a go and trying. They may not go that far but they had ago. And for the people that purchased kiddy hosting and lost there money, I have no sympthay for you. $5 get over it you are aware of the signs. If you think you are going to get riped off, go with your ISP! This is becomming a school yard fight with the teachers against the students.

So what if I am a kid? Does that make all my points invalid?
This is becomming a school yard fight with the teachers against the students.
Are you trying to imply that you hold more authority over me just because I am a kid? I hope not.

If we can take the chance to report those hosts it would make FWS a much better source of hosts. This not only helps the hostees but will give FWS a better reputation if people can find many stable hosts here. Else if the hosts they find from here are all unstable they might just put all the blame on FWS and give FWS a bad reputation.

seeing that you need to blame someone then blame freewebspace for attracting these people. FWS cannot controll the quality of hosting that people advertise and it's puchase at your own risk. My point is that it seems to me that its the kids complaining about loosing there money on kiddy hosts.

So what if I am a kid? Does that make all my points invalid?

Are you trying to imply that you hold more authority over me just because I am a kid? I hope not.

If we can take the chance to report those hosts it would make FWS a much better source of hosts. This not only helps the hostees but will give FWS a better reputation if people can find many stable hosts here. Else if the hosts they find from here are all unstable they might just put all the blame on FWS and give FWS a bad reputation.

You have good intentions there Kwek, but I think trying to label certain hosts "kiddie hosts" is just never going to work.

You have good intentions there Kwek, but I think trying to label certain hosts "kiddie hosts" is just never going to work.
Thank you for your kind words.:)

seeing that you need to blame someone then blame freewebspace for attracting these people. FWS cannot controll the quality of hosting that people advertise and it's puchase at your own risk. My point is that it seems to me that its the kids complaining about loosing there money on kiddy hosts.
I think that the point of this thread is to let the admins allow us to report hosts who use unlimited resellers and to let them be warned. At least, we're doing something to try to reduce the amount of 'kiddie hosts' here. I feel that this might be useful in certain situations.

This is becomming a school yard fight with the teachers against the students

Its a pun; playing with words,

Meaning that the kids are defending for there selves and fighting while the more mature are proving the point

Tell me, What is so bad about kiddy hosts? Its not FWS responsibilty to fish them out of the pond so people dont get sucked into there 1tb offer for $3 a month knowing its impossible

Its a pun; playing with words,

Meaning that the kids are defending for there selves and fighting while the more mature are proving the point
Exactly. So you are trying to say mine is wrong since I'm defending while you're proving the point?

Tell me, What is so bad about kiddy hosts? Its not FWS responsibilty to fish them out of the pond so people dont get sucked into there 1tb offer for $3 a month knowing its impossible
It might not be FWS responsiblity but the members want to help those hostees, they dislike kiddie hosts as they are not reliable at all... by reporting them we're taking our time to try to help and clear FWS of kiddie hosts.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion on whether something is correct or wrong. So we're basically having a pointless debate. It seems that we can't change each other minds about this issue.

Last edited:
Let me try and wrap this whole thread up...

If you care to know if the host you are going with is a kiddie host... only go with local hosts where you can meet in person.

If you don't, who cares, as long as they don't mess up your services it should be fine.

Ok. I opened this thread, not to talk about the "Kiddie" hosts, but all hosts in general using an unlimited reseller, if you want to rant about kiddie hosts, do it in another thread.

I know I am going to get some slack for this. But I want to ask a question?

Has anyone seen a kid "run" or "own" a Fortune 500 company? a retail store? a corner deli? No

Why? - because "most" kids do not have the life experience nor the maturity to run a business..(also some adults don't either).

How many companies are run into the ground - not just from adults but kids as well.

Kids should be kids.. go throw around the baseball, play video games.. Leave the "serious" business making to the adults.

Now I used the word serious - cause once again most kids do not have the maturity to run a business let alone have enough experience to run one.

Ok there is my quick question and comment.

You all can throw tomatoes at me LOL

Thanks,
Adam

I think an idea mentioned here would be a suitable solution to this problem as well. While it is possible that a registered company could us an unlimited resellers account, it is highly unlikely. Anyone who invested the time and money to be a legally registered company would probably not make the dumb mistake of using a shody service, like an unlimited reseller account, to host their clients.

I agree with that - it would be a good benchmark for people to know about the company they may choose.

My company is an LLC and have been in business since 2000 :) So I don't mind at all

Thanks,
Adam

yep i wass thinking about LLC. Until i checked the tax codes in California and discovered a Min 800 USD tax per year.

If you care to know if the host you are going with is a kiddie host... only go with local hosts where you can meet in person.

If you don't, who cares, as long as they don't mess up your services it should be fine.

I could not aggree more,

Its the uneducated buying from the uneducated, Puchasing hosting via msn or other instant messenging is not a productive way to buy hosting. These are the signs that tell you the host is going to close down after a week

Last edited:
I could not aggree more,

Its the uneducated buying from the uneducated, Puchasing hosting via msn or other instant messenging is not a productive way to buy hosting. These are the signs that tell you the host is going to close down after a week
So that means if somebody purchase hosting from a reputated web hosting company via MSN it's gonna close down? What you've said is not totally logical.

Back