• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosts using an unlimited reseller

What reputated webhosting company conducts its purchases over MSN?

I not sure what your standard of professional is....

What reputated webhosting company conducts its purchases over MSN?

I not sure what your standard of professional is....
They might be discussing a plan through MSN. It is certainly possible. Of course, they can use emails or live support but I believe MSN is also an alternative. I don't see why it is impossible.

You seem to set your standards too high.

Last edited:
That is then my definition of "Professional Hosting"
So once again, we show that we each have our own definitions and standards.

It is really pointless to continue since we will come to no conclusion, however if you still wish to carry on go ahead. I will continue to prove my point as long as you wish to continue.

at the end of the day kiddy hosts don't last, its as simple as that. The successfully hosts to emerge from this forum (notably crags hostingdepartment) have been run by adults. Children should not be running hosts, I was far to busy when I was in ks3/ks4 (thats 12-16 i believe) to run a host, how the kids on this forum do it I don't want to know (I'm guessing their education is getting ruined)

Well, I think that "kiddy hosts" as some people have called them should be closed down. I once when I was about 14 started 1 terabyte hosting for free running off a master reseller as I thought It would be fun. Now when I got closed down by the company providing me with a master reseller alot of people (100+) lost lots and lots of files. This really shows that you should wait until you are older or at least offer small well priced plans.

Hey,

Seeing as hosts can no longer offer their unlimited packages around here, they are making up some stupid offers, like 30GB diskspace and 300GB bandwidth for $5/month.

It's easy to tell if a host is using an unlimited reseller, just do a DNS report, I will give an example:

Removed the Username + URL

DNS report:

http://swduk.net/content/master_reseller.html

So my answer, is he should be warned for making offers when he is still using this unlimited reseller.

What do the rest of you think? If we can prove they have an unlimited reseller using the report section, do you think they should be warned and their offer removed?

I can see your point and a valid one to a degree, but plenty of people operate under a unmetered account. I have seen tons of successful web hosting companies using an unmetered server.

If people want to go with these companies, then really it is their business. If they decide to go with any web host, then everyone is still taking a chance and hoping that the host will still be up a month for now.

If you have a problem with a post, then with all due respect, just report it.

I am sure the mods have more important things to do with their time, then going through each and every thread and trying to determine which is what.

If you have a problem with a post, then with all due respect, just report it.

I am sure the mods have more important things to do with their time, then going through each and every thread and trying to determine which is what.
What do the rest of you think? If we can prove they have an unlimited reseller using the report section, do you think they should be warned and their offer removed?
Maybe you could bother to read clearly. He was asking that if he can prove that point through the report function, should the mods remove the offer and warn the user?

He is not asking the mod to go through each and every offer to check, instead he was referring to the report function.

I know I am going to get some slack for this. But I want to ask a question?

Has anyone seen a kid "run" or "own" a Fortune 500 company? a retail store? a corner deli? No

Why? - because "most" kids do not have the life experience nor the maturity to run a business..(also some adults don't either).

How many companies are run into the ground - not just from adults but kids as well.

Kids should be kids.. go throw around the baseball, play video games.. Leave the "serious" business making to the adults.

Now I used the word serious - cause once again most kids do not have the maturity to run a business let alone have enough experience to run one.

Ok there is my quick question and comment.

You all can throw tomatoes at me LOL

Thanks,
Adam

i was in a boarding school and started a 'ittle 'store' selling sigarets, liquior and sweets at school and i got kicked out because of it.
did i make profit? not much but yes in my eyes it was 'successfull'
depends what your goals are to see if u are successfull.
and it did make me popular at school :p

reason why kids arent allowed to have a company isnt because they are incapable but just because it's against the law

i see many company's that dont put their company's info on their site while it manditory by law. a company cant ask for VAT unless they are listed as one
also to run a company you need a business management degree(in belgium)
and have the minimum age of 18.

Web Hosting is different from just selling stuff, you have to be prepared for any legal issues, technical problems, etc.

Maybe you could bother to read clearly. He was asking that if he can prove that point through the report function, should the mods remove the offer and warn the user?

He is not asking the mod to go through each and every offer to check, instead he was referring to the report function.

Ok, but then PEO better hire a lot more mods than he has now for this site, other wise, him and the mods that frequent the forum, are going to be over loaded.

And by the way, we all sometimes miss understand things. Its human nature.

Ok, but then PEO better hire a lot more mods than he has now for this site, other wise, him and the mods that frequent the forum, are going to be over loaded.

And by the way, we all sometimes miss understand things. Its human nature.

I agree, but something needs to be done.

Well personally speaking..

I feel that anyone (regardless of age) can read a load of tutorials and get about $30 in a PayPal account and get a reseller account with a helluva lot of resources. Its rather easy, it just requires a bit of dedication.

However, I believe that if you're offering dedicated space or resellers, you should atleast ask for telephone verification and you should easily be able to tell if the person is underage or not by questioning their knowledge. How they speak, their knowledge, tone, etc.

And I DO BELIEVE its illegal to offer these services to a child. Can someone confirm this for me?

I agree, but something needs to be done.

I agree... but I don't think slapping red tape all over the forums is the correct way to handle things.

What about educating the users on how to check to see if a host is good or not? Tell them what to look for?

I too have grown tired of seeing huge offers with tiny prices.... I mean, I throw out cheap offers every now and then, but I still have a set price in my head that I would never go below, and Its hard to compete with people that don't have to think of whether they'll make money off an account or not, or if they can afford server upgrades when they're needed, or if they can afford to hire support staff when needed.

:book: So how do we fix this problem?

I agree... but I don't think slapping red tape all over the forums is the correct way to handle things.

What about educating the users on how to check to see if a host is good or not? Tell them what to look for?

I too have grown tired of seeing huge offers with tiny prices.... I mean, I throw out cheap offers every now and then, but I still have a set price in my head that I would never go below, and Its hard to compete with people that don't have to think of whether they'll make money off an account or not, or if they can afford server upgrades when they're needed, or if they can afford to hire support staff when needed.

:book: So how do we fix this problem?
Well most members don't seem to bother when you try to educate them and guide them into choosing a good host. Also as previously mentioned by someone else, the hosts need to be educated too.

We know the signs, Its our wallets taking over our brain when puchasing hosting. It seems that its the teens getting sucked in, You either get free or paid. Paid hosting is not 50c a month

We know the signs, Its our wallets taking over our brain when puchasing hosting. It seems that its the teens getting sucked in, You either get free or paid. Paid hosting is not 50c a month
My brains rule my wallet :)

Back