• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How can I create a web hosting on my own computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagehost

every Body help me:

My computer system is windows xp.
how can I install database in my Computer
And how to bulid a hosting in my own computer and ftp
which software will I use.
How can I setup Ip In My computer.
and I can host Dedicated hosting discussions too

example: htttp://theprimehost.com

Please

wait you everybody answer

Larry

RTFM???

It isnt a good idea usually to set up a site running from your computer, the strain will be to much for a normal Pc, especially if you are going to be using it as well.

And it's going to be hard for us to explain everything to you, try getting some books or something, or search google for tutorials.

Please dont!

You just give us all a even worse name by using crap internet pretending to be a host
Go dedi in a datacenter :))

no... if you want to have a website, get free hosting.

If you want to be a host, get a reseller account or a dedicated server.

People that run servers from home give hosting a bad name, theres no redundancy, or reliability.

ex... if a server crashes at a dc, they know what to do and can usually get it up pretty quickly... If your computer crashes, You might be screwed.

And what about when your power goes out? Datacenters have generators to keep everything running.

What happens when your internet goes down?

I could go on forever... its such a bad idea.

But why bother to use your computer to host many websites?
Even though its possible, its just not reliable as a server in a DC.
Its really for personal use and thats it.
Are you really going to leave it on 24/7?

Just get a reseller.

Hum, sir/dude
I looked at your other threads and it seems you require/offer web hosting relates services.

Now, If you were intending to host your hosting business from your computer, let me just say lol.

At least get a reseller from a normal company. There is no way to host clients on your wimpy domestic bandwidth.

Don't you already have reseller?

Why do you want to make your computer to a web server, if you already have a reseller?

Don't you already have reseller?

Why do you want to make your computer to a web server, if you already have a reseller?

i want to make personal website like Chinese forums. there one dont suppot chinese forums . so I want to make a forum in my computer

You could set up a virtual machine, install a flavor of Linux, and then apache and MySQL. I did that in about a day for development purposes. Not too hard.

There is loads to think about.

Connection speed and bandwidth
Your isp might not allow home webservers
Security (someone could hack your computer and steal documents)
leaving your computer on 24/7 (good venting to stop over heating)

i'm not trying to put you of i just think paying or free hosting would be the best answer. if you just testing out and your interested in servers and want to learn setting up a home server would be great to experiment with not pro host.

Good luck :)

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back