• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I love AudioGalaxy Satelite!

Rodie

I've had this program on my hard drive for a long time, but I never used it because I thought nothing could beat napster. Well now that Napster has gone to hell, and WinMX and audiognome don't seem to work anymore (the open nap servers on musiccity.com seem to have stopped functioning, as musiccity.com seems to now be associated with a p2p program called "morpheus", which seems to suck.)

So I decided to use audiogalaxy satelite as a last resort. I thought it would suck since so much of it is web-based, but it is awesome. The web layout/interface is very nice, and i had no problem at all finding the songs I wanted. I even was able to find them in bitrates of 192 and better, something that was very lacking on napster!

I've been using it since it came out, even before all the napster crap started... It's very much underrated...

I have been using it for a while now too. I is quite a bit different than Napster, which is why many find it hard to use. I find it a lot easier and faster. I don't think I have had any disconnected downloads, and any song I want(and more) is on there. And it is great for finding rare songs, cause if you search for a rare song, and no one online has it, if you click the download button, the second you and someone else with that song are online at the same time, it starts downloading. And it automatically gets the songs from the fastest source, and your results are listed in popularity, so the top ones will be the full version of the song, not missing the last two minutes or so like on Napster...It is great!

It is highly illegal to do this, and I am actually assisting the Government by telling them several new MP3 sites. I know someone who works in the Department of Justice and know there email.

dude, what the hell is your problem? there are plenty of cool songs that are remixed that u cant find any where else, that are perfectly legal. it is the anti-napster people like you that suck. . .

I know it's illegal (to download *copyrighted* mp3's) but I really just don't give a damn. I'm not going to try and justify it with any reasons, it's just that I really don't care. I'll buy CD's if there are at least 3-4 songs on it that I like, but I don't feel like spending 15-20 bucks for a CD that has one or two songs on it that I like. If CD's were more reasonably priced (in the $5-10 range), I would not have a problem with it. I don't have a problem with buying DVD's for about the same price (some cost a little bit more) because they provide 2 hours+ of excellent quality video, are fully compatible with newer 16:9 TVs, which everybody will have someday, offer special features, and excellent sound. Compact Discs have been around for more than 20 years, and typical albums only offer about 50-60 minutes of music, if that. 15-20 dollars isn't worth it for that.

The government can and probably will shut down all of the current mp3-trading places, but p2p technology is always about 5-6 steps ahead of the government. It took them over a year to shutdown Napster. People have been trading mp3s on irc for at least 3-4 years, and the government probably doesn't even know what IRC stands for. And recently Napster has eased up on their filtering. It still makes it a little harder to find songs, but you can find some.

And I don't know that I'd consider it "highly illegal". I'm sure the FBI and CIA are more worried about serial killers and terrorists then a bunch of people trading music online.

People have been trading copyrighted files on hotline, on irc, on ftp (since unix included the tcp/ip protocl stack) ages ago. None of those protocols have been so much as touched by the government.

[Edited by Rodie on 04-29-2001 at 10:25 PM]

I use iMesh. It's decent. a lot better than napster is thats for sure. Napsters gone to crap.

About the illegality: Sure its illegal but there is no possible way to control it all. sure some stuff will get shut down but definately not all.

Giancarlo, the government probably already knows about this music trading service. It doesn't need yet another person informing them about a year old service. It's not like they found out about Napster a year after they started.

Giancarlo - you don't really think nobody in "the Government" knows about audiogalaxy...? How can you be so stupid? It's mentioned on just about every site that lists alternatives to napster... It's been in magazines and on the news...

The satellite has been around for quite a while now and the FTP search has been around for years...

If "the Government" is so stupid that it still doesn't know about audiogalaxy do you really think your reporting it will help anything?

BTW if you think its "highly illegal" you're highly ignorant. It's not "the Government" that's going after napster you know.

LOL, the government isnt as stupid as u think, they prolly dont know as much as people on the streets, but they know EVERYTHING that goes on on the internet.

Thanks for reinforcing my Woofcat and phatdood9. If Giancarlo actually thinks that the government doesn't know about AudioGalaxy, he probably has less trust and/or knowledge of the Bush government than as we first believed.

Originally posted by Coolin
he probably has less trust and/or knowledge of the Bush government than as we first believed.

can you have less trust of such a government??
and is correct to use knowledge and bush in the same sentence?

I very well think they know, but when I find smaller MP3 sites, that are much harder to find then I report them. Because there is always that chance. Bush is much smarter than you fools... Bush is the most trustworthy and most Americans seem to agree.

Uhm, why are you reporting those sites to the government? Wouldn't you be better served by reporting them to the RIAA or the SPA?

So you spend time going around and looking for mp3 sites, and report them to the government. Why? Is it fun? Do you get a reward? Does it make you feel good and secure that copyright infringement online is kept to a minimum. And as mentioned, why does the government care? They aren't going to press charges for copyright infringement, are they? No, the propriator of the infringed material presses charges.

There is a lot of illegal activity out there, why waste time stopping mp3 trading? Become an amateur detective and help find Mrs. Johnson's cat or something, if you feel like you must do good deeds.

Hey, I'm sorry if you are offended, Giancarlo, but I do not see the need to snitch on mp3 sites. Do you have that much time?
And thinking that Bush is much smarter than us fools is...well...are you a Texan or just stupid? Sure a stiff, robotic democrat isn't much better, but he is intelligent at least. He may not be a unificator, but he's not a divider either. And with Al Gore as president, the States would still "...have the best educated Americans in the world". But I guess Bush is willing to ask "...Is our children learning?", he's got that for him.

Okay...just don't call me dumer than Bush because of my speling.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
I very well think they know, but when I find smaller MP3 sites, that are much harder to find then I report them. Because there is always that chance. Bush is much smarter than you fools... Bush is the most trustworthy and most Americans seem to agree.

Bush is much smarter, huh? Tell me why he wants to drastically reduce our nuclear weapons. It's pretty foolish to me.

Back