• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

iipanel.net hosting services (not bashing, looking for an answer)

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
My apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I am currently hosted with iipanel.net and love the service that they provide to me and my company. Never had a complaint really until now.

My sites have been for 3 days now, and they have replied to my support tickets telling me they were doing server maintenance and it unfortunately was taking longer than expected. So then I get a message that I believe was sent to all the customers telling me that they were moving things over to a new server.

Well they did that once before, and it done pretty quick, but my sites still arent up.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Just to note, I am NOT bashing them at all. Just curious.

I can still access my control panel and it says everything is there almost except for my email addresses.

Yes, as of earlier today they are all back online. Apparently the hard drive of the server I was on was giving a ton of permission issues.

Georege was that server issue or troubles on your ISP level?

No it had to deal with iipanel.net. The server that I and others were on apparently fried I think when they were doing maintenance, and they got it back online but then it was giving them permission issues, so they transfered everything to a new server.

I see that just was another prove that web hosting forums become another support channel. Not sure if that good or bad but I believe that solves the problem

Well, looks like you like this host a lot. 3 days downtime at a stretch is a long duration for a downtime. If they are moving servers, it is possible that it is taking time as you will need to update the dns servers, which will take time.

The server was malfunctioning and at first they tried fixing it, when that didn't work, they just moved all the accounts to a new server. However, it doesn't happen all the time. Before iipanel.net I was with 5 other webhosts, and none either stayed in business past a months time, or customer service was no good.

I haven't had any personal experience with iipanel.net but they seem like a good company. However, due to the amount of downtime, you should ask for some kind of credit.

Back