• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

iPhone 4.0

I think I am eligible for a hardware upgrade with my current wireless provider. If they're willing to cut me a deal on the price of the phone for a contract renewal I'll get one. Otherwise they can pound sand. I'd rather trim my nails with a lawnmower than talk on the phone with Rogers customer service.

I don't care, when I watched the Keynote on Apple's site, the inner Fanboy came out the cupboard, I'm absolutely buzzing for a brand new, White iPhone 4. It's a gorgeous phone, and absolutely ----'s ALL over HTC's Evo 4G!

And iOS4? It makes Android & WinPho 7 look PATHETIC!

I think I am eligible for a hardware upgrade with my current wireless provider. If they're willing to cut me a deal on the price of the phone for a contract renewal I'll get one. Otherwise they can pound sand. I'd rather trim my nails with a lawnmower than talk on the phone with Rogers customer service.

You're one of those Rogers haters. I'm on Fido, not really many complaints for me. You just have to know how to talk. Also, they won't offer you any other discount after the 199 or 299 price, neither will any of the other carriers.

I don't care, when I watched the Keynote on Apple's site, the inner Fanboy came out the cupboard, I'm absolutely buzzing for a brand new, White iPhone 4. It's a gorgeous phone, and absolutely ----'s ALL over HTC's Evo 4G!

Um, sorry to disappoint, but the HTC Evo 4G is still rated higher than the iPhone 4. It has more features and is more anticipated. Why? Because there has already been 3 iPhone releases; iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS

Also, the Evo 4G can use the 4G network. The only phone capable of that, while using the Android OS and market.

But, I am liking the iPhone 4 a lot. Only since AT&T has no Android phones. I'm not gonna be able to pay full retail price for an Android phone. So, I'll try to get a discount of the iPhone through AT&T.

AT&T has at least one Android phone and I believe they plan on releasing others before the end of the year. They currently have the Motorola Backflip, which runs Android 1.5.

AT&T has at least one Android phone and I believe they plan on releasing others before the end of the year. They currently have the Motorola Backflip, which runs Android 1.5.

That is not an Android phone. It is completed locked. You can't access most of the Android market because of AT&T. Also, You can't upgrade the OS because they locked the phone to stay at 1.5. Therefor the phone is a piece of crap. Also, the design of the phone is cheap and not very function. You have to use the scrollpad on the back of the screen and not the screen itself. The phone is also made of plastic so it is a phone that is more-or-less a paperweight.

That is not an Android phone. It is completed locked. You can't access most of the Android market because of AT&T. Also, You can't upgrade the OS because they locked the phone to stay at 1.5. Therefor the phone is a piece of crap. Also, the design of the phone is cheap and not very function. You have to use the scrollpad on the back of the screen and not the screen itself. The phone is also made of plastic so it is a phone that is more-or-less a paperweight.

It's still an Android phone regardless of whether it's locked or not... any app that AT&T blocks you can easily take the SIM card out and get it over the Market via Wifi. They didn't lock the phone to stay at 1.5, Motorola is working on creating an update for the Backflip that will also incorporate Motoblur, which is what is taking extra time. I'll be honest, the phone doesn't look like its made very well but it feels great in your hand, very sturdy. The scrollpad on the back is only one way to navigate, you could also use the keyboard or the touch screen. And as for it being plastic, I could care less as long as it feels like its made well. It's not as bad of a phone as your making it out to be, but it's not perfect as with any other phone.

How does it? Android is a very open and nerdy piece of OS. It allows you to do anything and anything you want to do with it.

WP7 is a very sleek and sexy UI that incorporates simplicity to something special. It also allows all the MS services in one place. Which for someone like me who basically uses all MS services is excellent. It's not restricted to one phone also so you can get whatever your needs.

iOS4 takes what is great and makes it better, but to state it makes all the others look pathetic is stupid, fanboyism right there. The iPhone 4 is a great piece of hardware. Im a sucker for high res displays. But still, its so expensive, and not to get it in a cheaper form is just sacrificing for me.

Think he might have meant 4G as in generation. Even then 4G networks are still rolling out, so it will "rock the world".

i will consider that he meant 4th gen, but, i dont think he did ;)

Sprint has the only 4G network which is the same speed as AT&T's 3G network.

The iPhone is not called the iPhone 4G, its called the iPhone 4. Notice there is no G after the 4.

It's probably only called iPhone 4 so people aren't confused into thinking it means it 4G networks.

That's why I said they probably named it solely iPhone 4 so it doesn't confuse buyers.

iPhone - 1st gen original.
iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen but named 3G for network.
3GS - 3rd gen, named the same, since it pretty much was.
iPhone 4, 4th gen but not named 4G for network confusion.

Back