• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Kind of upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

serverorigin

ServerOrigin.Com
NLC
It seems one of the mods has a fetish for deleting posts and when they do they are deleting every post below a single post and therefore fubar the whole thread.

I have seen this on at least 5 threads and counting, this used to not happen. Maybe someone needs re-training on how to delete a single post from a thread and not delete the remainder leaving what was once a 20 post thread down to 6. I come back to reply or check....and oh it isn't there anymore, or the posts were deleted for up to 4 days behind.

Really defeats the purpose of discussion, might as well not post.

If someone posts something against the rules, delete it. But what is the purpose of deleting everything afterwards when there may actually be a real "on topic" discussion going on in it.

Last edited:
If you have a specific complaint about a thread please let me know and I'll look into it. Usually posts are soft-deleted which means all moderators can still see it and bring it back if we made an error.

Ill PM you a couple, I'll have to go back through. I just usually come back and search for threads and when they aren't there it bugs me to see that I was curious on some replies and they are just *poofed*

If the replies were referencing/quoting the removed post, they will also be removed. No point leaving them there. I don't know which thread/s you are talking about, this is just generally speaking :)

Quite often posts are deleted because they may have nothing to do with the topic of the thread, are somehow breaking the rules, are referencing a deleted post or are just plain silly or abusive towards another member.
If we do delete a post by mistake or by bad judgement, as Peo said, we can undelete the posts so they are viewable again by the forum public.

If you do have complaints, just contact Peo or Jan who will look into it.

One of my posts got deleted, I nearly had a mental breakdown.

I expect I experienced most of the same feelings as those who are diagnosed with a terminal illness go through. It was truly the most heartwrenching thing I've ever been through.

I don't know if I'l be able to go through with life anymore. I mean, what's the point in living if you can't even have your say on a privately owned forum? It's given me a whole new outlook on life, and not in a good way. If I'm not here tomorrow, I just want to let you all know that I'll have killed myself - and that's on YOUR conscience now, mods.

Goodbye everybody.

I expect I experienced most of the same feelings as those who are diagnosed with a terminal illness go through. It was truly the most heartwrenching thing I've ever been through.

I don't know if I'l be able to go through with life anymore. I mean, what's the point in living if you can't even have your say on a privately owned forum? It's given me a whole new outlook on life, and not in a good way. If I'm not here tomorrow, I just want to let you all know that I'll have killed myself - and that's on YOUR conscience now, mods.

Goodbye everybody.
Goodbye it was nice knowing you :wave:
Do you mind if I have your FWS account when you die
Also I would like this site
TurtleTech.co.uk - Plans starting from just 50p!
Please redo your will to give me them 2 things.. thanks

lol upsetting ... what are you ? girls ?
Lest I wasnt the only one thinking of something along them lines when I read this thread!

Goodbye everybody.

See what you've done mods! You shouldn't delete our posts :ninja: Now colin is having a mental breakdown :eek2:

Btw, can I have zelune.com? :p

Jan! Why didn't you state that willing your account to someone violates the rules and delete the post ^^.
Chris

lol upsetting ... what are you ? girls ?

haha. thanks for making my day Joe. and seriously people, everyone here probably has had a comment deleted at one point or another. shoot, i had like 3 deleted just the other day. oh well, we move on. dont wine.

I just seen a ridiculous series of deleting and undeleting by a mod who clearly had no idea what to do nor what he was doing, just refreshing every 10 seconds or so watching the series of events, it left me speechless.

So actually I change my initial stand on this subject, I think they have a real valid point.

It puts members like me off FWS as well. And I also noticed a lot of reduced posting activity here.

I just seen a ridiculous series of deleting and undeleting by a mod who clearly had no idea what to do nor what he was doing, just refreshing every 10 seconds or so watching the series of events, it left me speechless.

So actually I change my initial stand on this subject, I think they have a real valid point.

It puts members like me off FWS as well. And I also noticed a lot of reduced posting activity here.

Look, why whinge about it and not give details?

You posted a wave to Vojtek on his hosting request thread. I removed as being "Not an Offer" and you posted again saying "some dumb mod keeps deleted my post" so I replied to that explain who the "dumb mod" is and why it was deleted.
The Vojtek decided that because you currently host him, it was ok for you to do that. I replied saying I didn't realise current hosts had special privileges here on FWS. So Vojtek removed it.

There's no reason for people to be getting upset over deleted posts. If you follow the rules there will be no reason for you to be Moderated. It's just a post count at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back