• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Kind of upset

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Jan, in a community like this the owners do own the forum in some respects. Sure, they don't literally own the domain and manage the site, but without the community it's nothing.

i think Dan is a very fair moderator, and he does a nice job. so James, maybe you just need to realize you were wrong, and move on. Matter of fact, Dan is one of the more lenient moderators. If another mod had noticed it, you may have gotten suspended, so, just be thankful he caught it first.

sorry jan, i never meant to cause any offense, i meant we are less restricted in the way we can express ourselves here instead of the "butch macho" attitude that seems to be required to post at WHT

But Jan, in a community like this the owners do own the forum in some respects. Sure, they don't literally own the domain and manage the site, but without the community it's nothing.
Okay then, as "owners" how about you treat the place like the real owner? :angel:

i think Dan is a very fair moderator, and he does a nice job. Matter of fact, Dan is one of the more lenient moderators. If another mod had noticed it, you may have gotten suspended, so, just be thankful he caught it first.
I completely agree. Dan has done an excellent job.

@ Dan
Dan, I appreciate what you do as a moderator and I think you should stay on.

I completely agree. Dan has done an excellent job.

@ Dan
Dan, I appreciate what you do as a moderator and I think you should stay on.

Thanks Patrick. and also methodcomptech.
However, I have issued my notice of resignation and it is now in the hands of Peo and Jan if they want to accept it or not.

I personally try to stay away from these threads now, one thing I have learned is you cant win.

Sure, I don't get along with Dan, he's accused me of many things without reason, but he's apologised which was accepted.

Its easier to just accept what's what, I couldn't give 2 sh1t's who is a mod on FWS, knowing the kind of abuse they get I would never even apply to become a FWS mod now.

Sure, I think some of FWS mods (excluding Peo, alley, Wojtek, Jan, Matt and even Robert *who makes me laugh with his USA loving GWB crap hehe*) are on a powertrip but that's my own opinion.

P.S, not sure of all the mods so please dont think am directing this at you, I just dont/cant know/remember your name (s).

Usually there is something in the mind though that thinks, s**t, maybe i went a bit too far with that post and when its deleted its like pheeeew.

But when your really peeved and your REALLY meant it, to have it deleted because of someone elses perception... it can be a real bummer and it can restrict you from wanting to post again.

I dont know, maybe there could be some transparency from why posts are deleted, to maybe show we are in the wrong, or to direct us to due diligence in the sense of posting

Well, Cant say ill be begging you to stay on as a mod. lol but yeah anyway.

And to the others i must have removed over 200 posts by now.. of my own. So yes sometimes users will remove there own posts. I remove alot of mine becuse I see my post bringing a thread off topic etc.. Or I just cant be botherd fighting with the person so I remove it, I do this all the time!
Evenly one time I belive jan telling me I had the most posts removed out of anyone (That I had done myself) But I cant remember the full context of it..
It was either large amount/nearly the most/the most.. I forget I should dig up that thread and find out :p

Oh come on - I've had posts go awol, and then had to think why!
Now that hurts!
With the amount of posts and the amount of monitors do you think it's easy?
Just let that one go - or order a full investigation into all posts....

Unless there is a specific post??

I can think of a post serverorigin is wanting to look into and a lot of posts were pruned, that did hurt a bit as the posts were on topic and intended to give a little more direction, if they were thought of as flaming... that was not the case.

OOps, false alarm, it was proshosting's thread i had doubts about, sorry to cause a wee itzy panic if any, but if i could just off-topically have a wee admin to explain why about 6 replies from that thread were pruned, that would be cool.

PH-Kev:
Very valid point. That thread wasn't at all offtopic nor was it offensive. Although, it seems it is missing almost 2 pages.

/shrug. I think in some way this was thought to be an attack by posting this thread but I was simply stating that I have been around here a long time and I have seen way more posts deleted and contradictory replies from a certain mod than I have ever seen in the past.

Call WHT a tight ship but I have never had a single post of mine deleted there. I know I don't offer additional revenue or probably even thought of as an asset to this community but I was trying to provide truthful feedback which was not only for me but fellow posters who's posts suffer the same fate.

Curious to see the outcome of this resignation as my opinion is that it maybe best for the community.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to have a mod look into thread id, http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2196080 , its just that although some posts may have seen to be flaming the OP, they had valid points to them and i was wondering why they were deleted.

They may have been valid points, but they weren't valid offers. The OP was requesting a service, and the only folks entitled to reply were those offering their services. Everything in between is considered off topic and therefore deleted. Some folks even received infractions for their poor behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back