• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Kind of upset

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHT runs a very tight ship, my nephew, who is brilliant with sales "keywords" if thats how you put it does my sales post to WHT and nothing more, when he put a size 3 title. we were put on a warning for 2 months... he said it was here, and i ended up making an --- of myself here asking if it was possible to post again, only to realise the warning came from WHT.

i generally like to think of FWS as a level playing ground, more-so than wht, because you cant be looked down or up upon, you are who you are, there is a rep system, you can choose to ignore, disable, get hated, get loved.

You are what your followers believe or something.... lol

They may have been valid points, but they weren't valid offers. The OP was requesting a service, and the only folks entitled to reply were those offering their services. Everything in between is considered off topic and therefore deleted. Some folks even received infractions for their poor behavior.

Thanks for clearing that up robert, its the only time i have ever seen post's go missing and in the setting it was, i guess they were right to be dismissed.

Nah I aint gonna kill myself. And, there is no peer pressure. Just arrogance. Us Mods do what we do voluntarily and because some members decide to break the rules they feel they should not be Moderated because they are either a hosting provider for one of the Mods or have lots of posts etc. I don't see it that way and try to treat everyone equal.
However, I am not up to personal attacks, either directly or indirectly.
Therefore I am issuing my resignation tonight to Jan and Peo via the staff forums. That way I won't be on a "Power Trip" like most members here feel that I am.

Dan, Please withdraw your resignation, You have been a great mod in the short time that you have been one. You may have a few problems over the time that you are a mod, and I know that as I have modded a few forums myself but it is nothing to take personally or get upset over, Just ignore it and move on. Personally James, I think that you are wrong and you too serverorigin. So I will watch this thread for an outcome and hope it's a good one :)

How can you come up with a "you are wrong" if you haven't a clue of the actually story? Like I said it's not worth it for me to explain an incident.

It's of course easy to just side with a mod. Because that's how everything is resolved, "mods are right, let's move on", sure - be right as you want!

If Dan said he will resign, he will be the man of his words and resign. If not, I couldn't care less.

If Dan said he will resign, he will be the man of his words and resign. If not, I couldn't care less.

But you would LOVE that though. It would mean you get away with alot more than what I would let you get away with.

But you would LOVE that though. It would mean you get away with alot more than what I would let you get away with.

Dan, you still don't realize that when I mentioned our incident in this thread, I didn't even mention your name. The aggression came from you, it still comes from you. You want to be like "Spiderman". :D Just read your last post and see how arrogant you really are coming across.

You still don't understand a thing.

Last edited:
Dan, you still don't realize that when I mentioned our incident in this thread, I didn't even mention your name. The aggression came from you, it still comes from you. You want to be like "Spiderman". :D Just read your last post and see how arrogant you really are.

You still don't understand a thing.

I may not understand everything and am certainly the first to tell you how uneducated I am. Yes, I am so uneducated, I thought myself how to read and write.
But what I do understand is, it doesn't take an educated person to read between the lines of your posts. Even "Spiderman" could see it.

Look, now I don't even understand what you are saying.

I never meant to have a public, personal confrontation. You blasted that off in this thread.

I didn't say we must change this, change that. This is a feedback forum. If I feel negative about something I am allowed to express it.

I didn't call for you to resign either. You announced that, probably knowing and hoping to get some pity-reaction from a bunch of members. That is very obvious because if you really wanted/needed to resign you'd do it the proper way first.

Anyway, it's totally pointless. I've made my point and re-enforced the OP's viewpoint, which was the prime reason of my post.

Thanks and bye.

I didn't call for you to resign either. You announced that, probably knowing and hoping to get some pity-reaction from a bunch of members. That is very obvious because if you really wanted/needed to resign you'd do it the proper way first.

Thanks and bye.

I have done it the proper way and my decision is still pending.
Plus, I don't need "pity" sp Pitty-reaction from anyone and certainly not you.
Let's just finish on this note. I don't like you, you don't like me so let's just stay out of each other's way and we will have no more issues.

I have noted your complaints in this thread about deleted posts and we'll take that into account in the future that you feel this way.

As for the thread James is complaining about my feeling is that it started with a simple misunderstanding. James could have given an explanation together with that first short post. It made no sense to anyone except Wojtek. But I think it's been discussed enough now and I guess we can agree to disagree on a few minor things. That's impossible to avoid.

If you don't agree with a decision or if you have a question about it please contact me or any other moderator and we will look into it. We take complaints seriously and try to listen to whatever you feel that we can improve. That doesn't mean that all complaints are valid, but we will listen and look into things like this.

Dan said:
Plus, I don't need "pity" sp Pitty-reaction from anyone and certainly not you.

Peo: I think you're absolutely right. Although, I am not sure the point has gotten across that this sort of talk is pretty arrogant and quite offensive to more than one person. Is this actually being considered?

Also Dan: pity = an unfortunate development; "it's a pity he couldn't do it"

Peo: I think you're absolutely right. Although, I am not sure the point has gotten across that this sort of talk is pretty arrogant and quite offensive to more than one person. Is this actually being considered?

Also Dan: pity = an unfortunate development; "it's a pity he couldn't do it"

Ok I get your point. But what James is writing is perfectly ok is it?

I think James was just trying to provide "feedback". I don't think either one of us thought we were going to be smacked with a defense or argument. I merely thought by stating this it would come to attention and possibly be looked into.

What it has become is completely different. As far as I'm concerned - this whole thread can be deleted as it hasn't accomplished anything and just managed to stir the pot even more.

James was only writing what he thought.. Your the one that brought up names and starting going crazy. Im mean wth..
James didnt even refure to a thread.. He just said how he thought it was stupid.. No one but you or him knew who it was Untill you tried to defend it and turned this whole thread in to a james vs dan war.
Sorry but im getting really sick of reading all your fights with people in threads
And james is to blame for that too yes.

Last edited:
I think James was just trying to provide "feedback". I don't think either one of us thought we were going to be smacked with a defense or argument. I merely thought by stating this it would come to attention and possibly be looked into.

What it has become is completely different. As far as I'm concerned - this whole thread can be deleted as it hasn't accomplished anything and just managed to stir the pot even more.

What it has become is the result of a member's exemption from the rules of FWS, or so he believes, because he hosts a Moderator's website. My whole argument here is that each and every member should be treated equally no matter what their status is or their relationship with a Moderator.
I completely and utterly agree with the point of your thread and as Peo has stated, each complaint is looked at with the most seriousness and decisions are often made by a single Moderator using his or her own personal feeling of what is right or wrong, or it is discussed amongs Moderators in private.
Sometimes the decisions we make are not what the reporter or complainant had expected but it goes on instinct. If we make wrong decisions and we later lealise it, we rectify it somehow. Or at least try to.
But for James to post what he did, and although not mentioning names etc, was quite clear what he was on about, was a little out of proportion. Also, for Wojtek to act as he did, instead of explaining to me in private about James' status and what James had meant about his "Woooohoooo :wave:" post was a little bit of a shock as I had no clue what the situation was and acted on that post as I normally would. It was just that James, and also Wojtek, felt that James was entitled to post it because he is Wojtek's current host provider. That's what sparked this turn of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back