• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

L33t.ca

roly

When will L33t.ca move back to Istop? They've been going on about it for days and nothings happend. When they move back to Istop will we get better bandwidth?

Haha! That's why we never trust such a company to host our webpages. :)

Plus, they're never going to be fast anyway, wherever they move.

I think many are tired waiting for l33t.ca to get better. Of course I wish, but I don't think.

i also use them for my forum. they can be slow a lot of times. and now with the 1mb file limit. they are just plain junk

We moved to the new host already, but we're waiting for the root DNSs to update their name records to our new IP address.

We're on a 100Mbit ethernet line that's shared between about 20 other servers. I am told that this line will be replaced in 2-3 weeks with an OC3 straight down to Manhatten and to the net. That will be fast enough for our current user base.

There's a difference between "junk" and just plain stupid. Without the 1 Mb file limit (which might actually be too high IMO) our system would be completely abused by warez junkies. Think of it - if they found a way to get multiple accounts, they could have unlimited bandwidth. With no file size limit they'd have every reason to use up the free 400 MB, then move on to their other accounts. This isn't an ideal world, there's no system that works for everybody. I understand you might want to store an mp3 or video on there (potentially chewing your 400 MB VERY quickly), but cuz of theives unlimited file sizes won't work.

Keep in mind that we give out shell accounts, so it's still VERY easy to get past the FTP file size protection. Don't do it though, we fight with brute force and have a script that just goes around deleting unauthorized files - files larger than 1MB on accounts that have never had a balance greater than a buck.

P.S. I really enjoy the optimism in this forum (or this thread at least). </sarcasm> Such bitter hatred... At the very worst, we tried to provide a free service to you guys and THUS FAR have failed (we're not giving up yet!). It's like giving a homeless man a can of soup and accidently giving him food poisoning...wait..no...aw shit!

Last edited:
No offence to anyone here but your critism of l33t.ca is a bit hard... The service may not be perfect like many others but look at the competition in this market..how many other hosts offer these sort of features for free.... It does suit alot of people for what they want...I know personaly I wouldn't run such a host because it would be abused to hell and back but I admire him for having the ball's to do it.... I think people should be a little more thankfull... If you don't want to use it fair enough but sugest a better host rather than continually saying bad things about it.

If your want quality php and those sorts of features I sugest a paid host.

Originally posted by 9cy
No offence to anyone here but your critism of l33t.ca is a bit hard...

I try to be as criticial as possible, but I am even more harsh when the main page of the host hardly ever loads where I am.

The service may not be perfect like many others but look at the competition in this market..how many other hosts offer these sort of features for free....

The features aren't anything if the host dies off. History repeats itself. Take a look, many hosts offering similar to what L33t is offering die off.

It does suit alot of people for what they want...I know personaly I wouldn't run such a host because it would be abused to hell and back but I admire him for having the ball's to do it.... I think people should be a little more thankfull... If you don't want to use it fair enough but sugest a better host rather than continually saying bad things about it.

Thankful? For what?

Yea I have seen FWP'S come and go over the past 5 years to. Many promising all these fancy features and dying off. The fact remains that people still come in looking for php cgi bla bla and unless they go paid they have to take there chance's on a host that probily will die off. People want it for free if they want it for ever there best bet is paid hosting.

Chance's are that history repeats itself but they may last. There a viable alternative to portland.

I just don't see the point in bashing the host for no reason... If you don't like them don't use them. I am sure they will give you your money back.

:biggrin2:

I honestly don't see anything wrong with L33t.ca, except for their terrible problem with warez. If they only deleted every single warez site on their servers, they'd become much faster and an overall better host. Their offers are amazing, and much better than most hosts. But if they still refuse to delete all that junk, they'll forever remain bad.

Trust me, coolfreepages.com and kilio.com are the worst hosts ever known to mankind.

Trust me, if there's warez, it's very low quality shitty warez. People can't upload files over 1 meg unless they've forked over a buck. Here's the proof:

http://www.l33t.ca/webstats/diskuse.html

We like making information public...as you can see, the only files over a meg are from a few users who forked over sum cash

yeah, i also think you must put popups or ads or popunders,
i think yout must popuptrafic.com they are really coooool...

Back