• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

L33t.ca

Originally posted by DethPigeon
Trust me, if there's warez, it's very low quality shitty warez. People can't upload files over 1 meg unless they've forked over a buck. Here's the proof:

http://www.l33t.ca/webstats/diskuse.html

We like making information public...as you can see, the only files over a meg are from a few users who forked over sum cash

However, they could easily split up the warez files, couldn't they?

Originally posted by DethPigeon
Trust me, if there's warez, it's very low quality shitty warez. People can't upload files over 1 meg unless they've forked over a buck. Here's the proof:

http://www.l33t.ca/webstats/diskuse.html

We like making information public...as you can see, the only files over a meg are from a few users who forked over sum cash
So a zipped up vbulletin at 466kb is shitty warez?

Originally posted by Giancarlo

I can't access them 7 out of 10 times.

Hey, it's better than Kilio. I can't access them 10 times out of 10. I can't access L33t.ca about 1 time out of 10, but each time, they are INCREDIBLY slow.

Just you guys wait until that fibre comes in from New York.

For those of you who see the page slowly, well, I can't say much about that.

We have been up and stable for the past few days though, that has to be worth something to you guys :)

I don't think we'll ever die off though. You guys are forgetting that this isn't a buisness model of ours, the hosting thing is just a part of a greater plan. We'll never die off for financial reasons, Deth and I have more than enough income from other things to keep the site afloat.

The only reason we'd go away would be due to lack of interest from Deth and I, and we don't see that happening in the future.

Don't get us wrong, we ARE a pay site and we will give you what you pay for, but signing up is still free, and we make a great deal of what we do public to you guys, so you know that we're not ripping you off.... Try finding another free host like that!

Mr.Oreo
-l33t.ca code monkey

l33t.ca are good but they will turn out like Shakky.com and close it down when there out of college.

Originally posted by Mr.Oreo
Just you guys wait until that fibre comes in from New York.

For those of you who see the page slowly, well, I can't say much about that.

We have been up and stable for the past few days though, that has to be worth something to you guys :)

I don't think we'll ever die off though. You guys are forgetting that this isn't a buisness model of ours, the hosting thing is just a part of a greater plan. We'll never die off for financial reasons, Deth and I have more than enough income from other things to keep the site afloat.

The only reason we'd go away would be due to lack of interest from Deth and I, and we don't see that happening in the future.

Don't get us wrong, we ARE a pay site and we will give you what you pay for, but signing up is still free, and we make a great deal of what we do public to you guys, so you know that we're not ripping you off.... Try finding another free host like that!

Mr.Oreo
-l33t.ca code monkey

It really sucks that no one can access your site most of the time from South America.... you are losing a major market.

Not to mention the fact that I'm in North America, and it still loads slow :p

They were fast when they just started, but now with all those sites and files, they are really slow.

How about all of you stop your bitching and go on. I enjoy l33ts service. I think they are one of the better services out there, most of the files above 1mb are either warez or something else, i havent seen a regular html page bigger then 1mb.

I dont know any other hosts who have such cool owners, Deth has answered all of my questions, and we even have had some converstations about this and that. SO STOP YOUR BITCHING!! IF YOU DONT LIKE L33TS SERVICE THEN SHUT UP, AND LEAVE THEM THE HELL ALONE!.... :angry2: :angry2:

EDIT: On another note, i am tired of seeing thread after thread after thread of bashing on l33t, it might of been worth something to you the first or second thread, but not anymore. Most of you need a life outside of computers, this is all to unhealthy.

Last edited:
Originally posted by DMPDJ
l33t.ca are good but they will turn out like Shakky.com and close it down when there out of college.

If by that you think the server is hosted in at our college, it's not. It's hosted at a real ISP (see above, IStop), on an OC3 connection.

And hey, saying we'll be up until we're out of college might even be generous, that'd mean we'll be up for another 4 years :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Giancarlo

It really sucks that no one can access your site most of the time from South America.... you are losing a major market.

I think it sucks even more that you can't access Geocities from China. They're losing an even bigger market! After all, there are more people living in China than the ENTIRE continent of South America (and if not, then they must be pretty close anyway).

I can access L33t.ca, but they're so slow that it's not worth it. However, they're good for testing. :)

Back