• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

long established hosts?

jonnyboy

are there any really good reliable long established hosts on here? I'm sick of getting cheap hosting then my website dissapears and I'm up the creek for a week until I find another host!

Have you ever try dathorn.com? They've been established for quite a while, and would have my recommendation if you're looking other than offers.

yeah just really looking to pick up some reccomendations, I wont reply to any PMs with offers as thats how I have got cowboy hosts before

jonnyboy said:
are there any really good reliable long established hosts on here? I'm sick of getting cheap hosting then my website dissapears and I'm up the creek for a week until I find another host!

There are still plenty of established hosts around, although some may not frequent forums so they may be somewhat harder to come by.
If you have close friends or relatives that use a paid host you might check with them.
Best of luck to you.

jonnyboy said:
and your sites down :)
?

Alertra reports it as up as well as quite a few other websites that I just checked. Who is your ISP?

Edit: I also asked about 10-15 people and they all say it's up as well.

Last edited:
If you want reliable hosting, I wouldn't exactly request in this forum. Read the thread labeled "The Truth" last in my signature. There's a few there.

There are quite a few reliable hosts amongst the many hosts that post here. Before selecting a host always make sure you do lots of research on their background, test their knowledge by contacting their sales or tech support department and take a realistic look at the prices they are charging. If you have high space and bandwidth requirements and they can't even cover the cost of a server with the prices they are charging make sure you stay well clear.

My suggestion is to find threads where the person requesting hosting mentions who they selected and then run a whois on their domain to see if they are still with them. This should give you a good indication of how things are going with that host's customers. I would recommend avoiding hosts that have been around for less than six months purely because of the high risk associated with purchasing from them. This is not to say all new hosts are going to rip you off, but once again, take a realistic look at what they are offering and whether you think they look like they will still be there in another six months. :)

Ken96 said:
If you want reliable hosting, I wouldn't exactly request in this forum. Read the thread labeled "The Truth" last in my signature. There's a few there.

Well, I must say , there are a few hosts out here that do offer quality products and have their own servers, but it really is becoming a problem with all those new hosts every month... they offer hosting for extremely low prices and after only a few weeks/months they have gone bankrupt. Those people give the other , good hosts here on the forums a bad reputation ...

NevaCious said:
Well, I must say , there are a few hosts out here that do offer quality products and have their own servers, but it really is becoming a problem with all those new hosts every month... they offer hosting for extremely low prices and after only a few weeks/months they have gone bankrupt. Those people give the other , good hosts here on the forums a bad reputation ...
100% Agreed. :biggrin2:

I don't know about you, but it's actually really easy to indentify newbie hosts...
a) look for super low pricing
b) check if the user is using "coz" instead of because or "dats" instead of thats, etc. Make sure they don't sound like they're talking to their ub3r 1337 friend on AIM.
c) Check their domain's whois info to see if they're a new company. New doesn't mean bad, but it could sometimes mean unexperienced.

Hope this helps :)

This talk over "long established hosts", "the truth", "CPanel", to me is all a pile of nonsense, and some hosts who discuss about it, go discussing in a funny way, as to make themselves look better, I generally get this feeling - "I said this, so I am definately not this."

There are always bad and good, short lived and long living businesses in every industry, there are supposed to be, it's upto the individual who his/her right host is. Long doesn't mean good, short doesn't mean it is/was a bad service.

The people looking for hosts should rely on their intelligence and instincts, do their own research and ask non-hosts for an opinion.

There are A LOT OF decent hosting companies out there; the most common mistake people make is to go with the cheap (not even the cheapest) ones. Do your research extensively, and avoid those dollar hosting offers. When something is too good to be true, they are. Good luck.

Hosts can say anything they want... it should be the publicly available uptime stats and length of years in business, explain it all.

Im a sales rep forum PolurNET and we have been in the industry of webhosting for 2+ years now.

Come and visit us to take a look at our packages.

dc1pop said:
Im a sales rep forum PolurNET and we have been in the industry of webhosting for 2+ years now.

Come and visit us to take a look at our packages.

Based on the fact that you are a sales rep, you may want to consider re-reading this thread.

He is giving the user a chance to check out their services!
thats go policie...
its not saying they are the best, the chippest

I think many times cheap hosting really sucks. Beginners always prefer very cheap hosting, they suffer for that & then go for reliable and reputed hosting.
I think such people should spend their time in forums it will help them a lot to opt between cheap & reliable packages.

We offer affordable, fast and reliable packages. :)

Back