• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MikeRoweSoft case settled.. for an XboX

Originally posted by Robert
yay! I think you'd do the entire forum a favor by just ignoring all of us.

I second that notion!

All in favour raise your hand :coolmusic

:bandit2:

[edit]
typo

Last edited:
Actually, my buddy and I gave his house a call the other day, however Mike was not home, so we instead talked to his father for about 15 minutes.

At first we called to express our dissaproval oh him selling out like he did, however his dad was very understanding and clearly explained the situation.

Microsoft apparently appologized, and in turn Mike got an XBox, 2 months training and Microsoft Certification along with 6 months redirection to his new site, mikeroweforums.com
His dad didn't mention any of the other items.
Also, he was telling us that all donations will be instead sent to Canuck house. :)

What bothered me about the situation is that the webdesign company is now gone, and forums are there in its place. Makes you wonder if he was in it for the cash from the beginning. I didn't support Mike Rowe at all, especially after him selling out, however his father was incredibly nice and well spoken, which is probably what kept the case from getting messed up.

Originally posted by jmiller
Actually, my buddy and I gave his house a call the other day, however Mike was not home, so we instead talked to his father for about 15 minutes.

At first we called to express our dissaproval oh him selling out like he did, however his dad was very understanding and clearly explained the situation.

Microsoft apparently appologized, and in turn Mike got an XBox, 2 months training and Microsoft Certification along with 6 months redirection to his new site, mikeroweforums.com
His dad didn't mention any of the other items.
Also, he was telling us that all donations will be instead sent to Canuck house. :)

What bothered me about the situation is that the webdesign company is now gone, and forums are there in its place. Makes you wonder if he was in it for the cash from the beginning. I didn't support Mike Rowe at all, especially after him selling out, however his father was incredibly nice and well spoken, which is probably what kept the case from getting messed up.

Well he sure has heck made out with more than just what Microsoft gave him.

Originally posted by jmiller
I don't understand. :confused5

Whatever Microsoft gave him doesn't compare to the attention he has created. He was featured on TV, newspaper, his forums that opened recently have already 1,000+.

Whatever Microsoft gave him doesn't compare to the attention he has created. He was featured on TV, newspaper, his forums that opened recently have already 1,000+.
Yeah, I had to here all the international garbage about the case, as well as all sorts of junk on the local media.
I should take a walk over to his house and ask to play XBox. :D

do you know him, like before MikeRowesoft?

they should've included a lifetime xbox live subcription or something

Originally posted by tandoc
do you know him, like before MikeRowesoft?

they should've included a lifetime xbox live subcription or something
Nah, don't know him personally.
Figured I'd give him a call, seeing as it was local and wouldn't cost me anything.
Was going to ask him to show up at the local '2600' meet next month so we could hear about his battle with Microsoft, until I heard about how he sold out.

Originally posted by Kaliber
Seems as though tandoc was not posting all the facts. is0lized is cool, leave him alone.

Tandoc selected what he felt was important in the article - an Xbox.

Isolized had no right to tell him that he can't "read".

Tandoc selected what he felt was important in the article - an Xbox.

Isolized had no right to tell him that he can't "read".
How freaking hard can it be to type an extra sentence. I thought he was getting JUST an XBox. This was not the case and I actually had to read the article (god forbid :p) to find the whole truth.

Originally posted by Kaliber
How freaking hard can it be to type an extra sentence. I thought he was getting JUST an XBox. This was not the case and I actually had to read the article (god forbid :p) to find the whole truth.

So that's why he said he couldn't read - because he got upset that he had to.. OMG.. READ!!!!!

So that's why he said he couldn't read - because he got upset that he had to.. OMG.. READ!!!!!

Calm down there little buddy, its just a forum. I think qute a few people are taking this place a little too seriously as the posts here have become progressively harsher in the last few weeks. Although I've chuckled at a few of them its dumb to go through every thread and see an ArgueRama..

Back