• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Moderators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think age is really a factor when it comes to picking mods anyway...how old is Peo anyway...or are we allowed to know?

<add>nevermind...Peo has his age posted in his bio</add>

I can't be sure who it is, (but I believe it may be Todd), who takes the reports quicker than I can get to them. I'm not sure but typically, when I go to a report, it is done. I tend to just annoy and confuse the hosts in the paid hosting forum ;) heh.

Also, you have to realize is that there is more than one mod so that people can take off for a week or two, or if they need to, a month ot two, and others can take up the slack a bit and fill in.

Chicken, it could be me sometimes but nearly just as often it's taken care of before I even receive report of it. It seems to be 50/50 where sometimes I'll beat you and vice versa.

I don't know how many times I've received a report and within a minute I visit the thread and it's already been taken care of. You may also feel free to PM me with thread reports, other members already do and it’s taken care of ASAP.

I really don't think we need more moderators but if things are really that bad I think we need more active reporting. I'm always more then happy to see another moderator come on board but I don't think it's truly needed yet.

Originally posted by Todd
I'm always more then happy to see another moderator come on board but I don't think it's truly needed yet.
Let's hope that will never be needed.

I completely agree with that point you made Todd, if there is any problem we need more active reporting, not another mod.

Hmm ... i report stuff quite abit when i feel its either spam or it breaks the rules ;)

So i do as much as i possibily can to keep this board as spam less as possible .. but there is only so much a member can do :)

Also .. i never see a mod when there is one needed .. but today i saw 4 at the same time :nervous: ,,, mind you ... same with life ... never see a sales man when i need one ... and they come in 2s and 3s when i don't :angry2:

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

Also .. i never see a mod when there is one needed .. but today i saw 4 at the same time :nervous: ,,, mind you ... same with life ... never see a sales man when i need one ... and they come in 2s and 3s when i don't :angry2:
Maybe they saw this thread?

Originally posted by The Red Guy
Maybe they saw this thread?
I often see three or four on at once, I guess it depends on your time zone. I am here on and off for 18 hours a day. And there are two that are invisible, so you won't know when they will appear and do their thing :classic2:

Originally posted by roly
I ant to be a moderator!

Roly .. no offence .. but there are people in this forum who should ANY moderator possition become available would be more suited to the job and would probally apply.

This is not about posts ... its about trust

A newbie as a mod :nervous:

Originally posted by Blank Verse
Roly isn't a newbie...but still, we don't need more mods...

Roly - Registered: Dec 2001

There are ppl on this board who have been here even before we got vBulletin.

I hardly consider anyone who's been here for a couple of months a newbie. And mods are not chosen through seniority either, or at least they shouldn't be. Whoever is best fitted for a mod is who would be chosen. There could be someone that's been here a couple of months who would make an excellent mod...

why are we even discussing this anyway? We don't need more mods...

Originally posted by roly
I ant to be a moderator!
Highly unlikely. Supermoo has been "bribing" :)p) Peo and Todd since the vB forums came to be, and has only been accepted as Ad Revenue mod status a few months ago.

Well, if you really believe you are up to it, nobody's stopping you from asking Peo.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
I hardly consider anyone who's been here for a couple of months a newbie. And mods are not chosen through seniority either, or at least they shouldn't be. Whoever is best fitted for a mod is who would be chosen. There could be someone that's been here a couple of months who would make an excellent mod...

why are we even discussing this anyway? We don't need more mods...

He is a newbie compaired to some ... and i'm also a newbie on these forums compaired to the likes of Stu.

Originally posted by LeX
Highly unlikely. Supermoo has been "bribing" :)p) Peo and Todd since the vB forums came to be, and has only been accepted as Ad Revenue mod status a few months ago.

Well, if you really believe you are up to it, nobody's stopping you from asking Peo.

LoL .. i would love to be a mod ... but like i've said ... there are people in this forum who would be better for the role ( experience wise ) .. as i'm still pretty new to forums compaired to some.

But i think the only forum we need more mods for is the "Free Webspace" forum ... cos that gets hecktic at times .. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back