• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Moderators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me, but am I the only one that thinks we need LESS moderators? I mean, FreeWebspace isn't any IGNBoards. There's only a few boards to take care of. If there were 25 "inappropriate" posts every day (but there are even LESS), we would only need 5 mods or so to take care of it. Yet there are eight total anyway.

Many of the mods have been inactive (in terms of posting; even if they do a good job moderating, they still have to post to show their effectiveness) for quite a long time. I understand that they're probably very busy, but if they don't have time, they should be removed. it's as simple as that.

And roly, I'd SERIOUSLY doubt that they'd let you become a moderator here ever.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Many of the mods have been inactive (in terms of posting; even if they do a good job moderating, they still have to post to show their effectiveness) for quite a long time. I understand that they're probably very busy, but if they don't have time, they should be removed. it's as simple as that.
That is very unfair conker. Some of the mods have a family (wife/husband and kid(s)) and cannot be online 24 hours a day. They may even have a daytime job!

That's true, but it certainly can't excuse not posting for a month or so, right? I respect that they have a family, but they should be able to participate once in a while. However, there are many reliable users on these boards that are on every day and could take the moderating job. At least it will make the moderator crew overall seem more friendly overall. Nowadays, every time I see that the latest post in each forum is by Chicken or Peo or any other moderator, I generally stereotype it as a post warning users or announcing that a thread was locked. I say that we need moderators who are more involved with these boards! :)

Again untrue! most of them do contribute to a regular thread to help out or add some humour.

Webdude's last post
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=182684#post182684

Chicken's last post that wasn't a warning
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=183890#post183890

Todd's last post that was not to do with his position.
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=183861#post183861

ashben's last unmoderated post

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=183342#post183342

Need I go on? :classic2:

Originally posted by LeX
Highly unlikely. Supermoo has been "bribing" :)p) Peo and Todd since the vB forums came to be, ...

There is no truth in that rumor, LeX. None whatsoever...
*phone rings* Yes okay, red Ferrari Peo... I'll send you one tomorrow!*phone down*
No, no truth in that at all. ;) :)

What I learned from this thread: Not all are as free as you!

Hehe...I have my fair share of work to do at school...But I finish it rather quickly, yet I still get good grades on it. Baby or work; you could still come online once every two or three days to make a post. It's not like the baby never sleeps, and I'm pretty sure nobody works from 9 am to 10 pm everyday. :)

It's not like the baby never sleeps, and I'm pretty sure nobody works from 9 am to 10 pm everyday. :)
I hope you'll never be a big baby and learn to grow up. No offence though, just my two cents worth.

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo

There is no truth in that rumor, LeX. None whatsoever...
*phone rings* Yes okay, red Ferrari Peo... I'll send you one tomorrow!*phone down*
No, no truth in that at all. ;) :)

:eek: :biggrin2:

lol ... erm ... well ... yeh .. supermoo ... :biggrin2:

i'm lost for words :classic2:

Moderators

I've read a ton of posts, and only replied to a few, but when reading these threads felt the need to stop and comment here. Some of the moderators are good, like NC_TOM and Supermoo...and then there are a few who like to screw with people they don't like and throw misconcepted 'rules' their way...usually the ones who do this try to justify removing the user's post or even banning them. Other times they are very hypocritical and one-sided, permitting one user to get away with something that another user may not. This is equally from personal observation of others as well as from my own experience. There were quite a few threads I've read which were removed and the reason(s) why, if any, were utterly ridiculous. For those mods who are doing their job I commend them, because it's never easy pleasing everyone and being fair is often a hard thing when human nature is to be biased...

...but the childish and immature superusers (you know who you are) have got to go...

There was once a time I felt I would be posting here regularly, but anymore, the people of freewebspace forum simply appear (as a majority) as an unsavory group of kids who like to bicker about why they or what host they support is better than everyone else. I felt ashamed and apologized for recommending this place to a few friends when I ceased new signups for my services. I find it strange how you can't even post your won website to help someone (especially if you ARE a webhost heaven forbid!) and have to be so politically damn correct to even mention your host exists. It's utter bullshit really: the mods creating rules which censor the means of traditional communication, especially when it means the borderline between business and casual chatting.

Granted there are people who will abuse such luxuries, but then again, free speech has never been a beautiful sound to everyone's ears. For the moderators to make rules like this, it's no wonder all people do is bicker and complain...it would seem that the ability for any constructive criticism to or for anyone who isn't already a favored host or an aussie bend-over-buddie for the host (like Myacen) is not allowed...This is why many people have left, and shortly, I may leave permanently. There are a few nice people who post every now and then, and it's them I stay for to read and speak with. The rest can sleep forever in a firey grave...

Wolfknight

Hi! You made an error in that thread (paid hosting forum) and you know that. It's better first admit our errors and then make comments about the others. And believe me, I had post too, in that thread, and my post got deleted too. But I think that the mods acted correctly. I give you right in one thing. That many people some times comment the offers not correctly. But that's the world my friend.

Wolfknight, we more then welcome your opinions and I don't think the moderators every try to censor anyone’s viewpoint. I'm not sure I know the exact circumstances of what you say but I'm always more then happy to hear. I'm guessing most moderators would appreciate it if you contacted them directly with constructive criticism. However, if you fear that they will only be harsher as a result try what +Chips did and post a constructive complaint in the Site Feedback or General Discussions area: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18163

All moderators do what they think is best for if any of us are wrong in our thoughts you should contact them about it and if they aren't listening to your criticism (assuming it's constructive) then contact another moderator or Peo.

I again don't know the circumstances of your complaint but we're always willing to work out issues. It's the same when people complaint about not enough moderators and then themselves don't report posts, we can't be expected to catch everything and what we do catch usually ends up thrown away before you see it so it is tough for members to give positive reviews of our work when they don't see the amount of threads we have to deal with.

Re: Moderators

Originally posted by wolfknight
Some of the moderators are good, like NC_TOM and Supermoo...and then there are a few who like to screw with people they don't like and throw misconcepted 'rules' their way...usually the ones who do this try to justify removing the user's post or even banning them.
It isn't based on who we like, it is based and justified here:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/announcement.php?s=&forumid=21

...but the childish and immature superusers (you know who you are) have got to go...

...but anymore, the people of freewebspace forum simply appear (as a majority) as an unsavory group of kids
And yet you come back, even though you don't like how the forum is run or the majority of the people who post here.

I find it strange how you can't even post your won website to help someone (especially if you ARE a webhost heaven forbid!)...
The strangeness and mystery revealed!

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/announcement.php?s=&forumid=21

Additional rules for the Paid Hosting forum
If you wish to praise a web host or warn people about a bad web host you can't be anonymous. Post your own URL (webaddress), otherwise your post will be deleted.

Hosts are welcome to participate on the Paid Hosting forum, but are not allowed to start new threads or advertise their business by plugging their company and/or URL.

Hosts are allowed to post answers about their company and services if asked by someone on the board. They are also allowed to reply to a request for hosting services if the following conditions are met:

When answering a request, you must include
1. The URL to the plan
2. The price
3. Describe or name the features that match the original request.

For instance, if someone asks, "Which webhosts offer 12 gigs of traffic?" If you offer such a package or know someone that does, you may respond only if you describe what you offer in that message in the format described above. Simply saying "we offer what you want, visit our site" is clearly spam and is not allowed.

Hosts may NOT respond to general questions posted by members who are looking for advice/opinions on which host to choose.

For instance, if someone asks, "I need at least 20 MB and FrontPage 98 support for less than $15, which host do you recommend?", then clearly this question is not directed to a webhost. It is directed to other webmasters who would be able to recommend a service.

Feel free to recommend other hosts which might meet the person's needs.

These are the rules (you can find them at the top of every forum), they apply to you and everyone else.

Granted there are people who will abuse such luxuries, but then again, free speech has never been a beautiful sound to everyone's ears.
Free speech does not apply to privately operated forums. The First Amendment is available on-line.

This is why many people have left, and shortly, I may leave permanently. There are a few nice people who post every now and then, and it's them I stay for to read and speak with. The rest can sleep forever in a firey grave...
James, you are welcome to participate in discussions but we will enforce the forum guidelines and remove posts in violation of those guidelines.

As for the fiery grave bit... I'd watch my mouth.

The thread topic...
Originally posted by The Red Guy
I observed that some moderators are not doing their job or not active. Perhaps the time has come for new nominations for new moderators? (Someone like Jan)
-seems to be drifting and after 5 pages, it is time to retire this one or continue with the topic. Additional debate can be carried out via email moderators@freewebspace.net

Last edited:
the people of freewebspace forum simply appear (as a majority) as an unsavory group of kids who like to bicker about why they or what host they support is better than everyone else.
See, this is the type of attitude that pisses me off. Some people think they are sooooo mature, anybody who disagrees with them are immediately considered "immature", or called "kids". That's an insult. So what if they're younger and smarter than you?

If these so-called "kids" are giving positive comments about certain hosts, then there must be a reason for that. I can't understand why you think they are "unsavory kids bickering".

Like we all usually say, if this place is unsuitable for you, you are always welcome to leave at anytime. But acting like a child going around bickering about how "the majority of people of fws.net forums are unsavory kids" and how they don't agree with you before you leave... yeah, that's very mature of you. You're acting just like this particular thread starter who claims he will never be back: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18860
Another person who disrespects others who gave him constructive criticism just because they disagree with his services. The only thing this person and you don't have in common is that he calls people "unprofessional amateurs". Like that would make him seem any more professional than he really is.

Now I can understand why some people lie about their age or refuse to disclose it at all - because people like you exist. You don't respect other people's opinions. In that case, don't expect us to give you any respect either.

Originally posted by LeX
See, this is the type of attitude that pisses me off. Some people think they are sooooo mature, anybody who disagrees with them are immediately considered "immature", or called "kids". That's an insult. So what if they're younger and smarter than you?
Great! Now somebody dares to stand up! So what if you think you're mature? You've no right to call others immature!

<<< Removed. This thread was done, no need to continue it with an off topic reply. Thread Locked >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back