• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

mud hosting-seems like a good one

we647

www.iflipout.com
We welcome everyone here at iFlipout.com. If you are seeking a host for your MU* you can apply below but first you may want to review the list of requirements below:

We do not help you set your MU* up. We simply give you space to host it. Setting it up, coding, etc, is TOTALLY up to you.

We do not guarantee anything. Server outages happen, we cannot be held responsible for data loss, or any other problems that may occur.

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

Please only serious applicants.

What we do offer:

We offer to you space to host your game on one of our Redhat 7.2 machines.

Webspace for your games website on our servers.

We offer a subdomain here at iFlipout.com (yourgame.iflipout.com)

We can do DNS hosting if you wish to purchase the domain name.

We offer E-mail for yourself and your players at iFlipout.com or your sub-domain.

Currently the form for submission isn't working, however, you may E-mail apply@iflipout.com with your submission. You will need to submit the following information:

E-mail address you wish for updates to be sent to.

How you heard about us.

The username and password you would like to use.

The DNS you would prefer.

The port you wish for your MU* to run on.

Additional services, such as FTP access, E-mail, and Webspace.

Also, please give us a description of why you seek hosting with us.

Give all submissions up to three days for a response.

whats mud hosting, and i didnt really understand your post, you offer hosting for game related sites or???

MUD hosting

MUD hosting means they'll open up space on their servers for you to put your MUD game on the net. Not a website, the actual MUD game program (if I understand correctly).

*claims two cents on tax return as 'charity'*

MUD (and the stick therein)

A MUD is an online role-playing game. You are given scenarios (in text) and you type what you would do in such a scenario. e.g. You are in a house. To the North stands an open door. To the West is a bed. To the East is a window. To the South is a cave troll. Your reply: Run North., etc., etc. You go on quests and can meet other people, too.

Yea, they give you a chunk of space, 150mb I believe, to place your MUD.
Pretty good if you ask me, as they would provide you with telnet access for your users to join the game. :classic2:
Though I can't see how they could very well stay alive, as it would be rather tough to advertise, unless they ran some sort of ASCII based ad when a user joins a game, which most people would ignore anyways.
Hopefully they'll do well though, don't know of any hosts like that.

And no niklasvh that's not his host, he just tends to copy and paste large chunks of websites. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: MUD hosting

Originally posted by silentelf
MUD hosting means they'll open up space on their servers for you to put your MUD game on the net. Not a website, the actual MUD game program (if I understand correctly).

*claims two cents on tax return as 'charity'*
From reading their services section they will also host your website, related to your mud game. :classic2:

all in the title

my original title"mud hosting-seems like a good one"

most could see im not hosting it by the above statement

Re: all in the title

Originally posted by we647

most could see im not hosting it by the above statement
Yes, but when you make a post like that, starting it off like "We welcome everyone here at iFlipout.com. If you are seeking a host for your....", followed by a large list of features, people assume it is your host.

Your copying and pasting of such items as that has only caused confusion, think about it.

learn to read

not to most if they read the whole thread, also again miller dont respond to my posts because your a very negative and rude person. others been saying the same!

like here by jon of hosting extreme
Your quite rude...

People ask in here because alot of people here have used these free hosts and most can answer the question quicker then the hosts...What is the point of this section? Should users check with you to make sure its okay to post?

Jon

Last edited:
Re: learn to read

Originally posted by we647
not to most if they read the whole thread, also again miller dont respond to my posts because your a very negative and rude person. others been saying the same!

like here by jon of hosting extreme
Uhh, all it takes is a user to overlook the title and it completely seems like it is a service you are offering.
Quit being so childish, others believed it was your service. :rolleyes:
And don't you dare tell me wether or no to reply to your posts.
I am merely pointing out that this was a misleading post, which I am allowed to do.

Last edited:
oh your so wrong milly , that post wasnt misleading at all,

u got the jest of it right away and ill dare to tell u anything i want, but again yur just a rude person

but again your just a nit-picking person. u picked the wrong guy to pick on

also milly keep my posts on topic, not taking them off topic, every chance u get

Last edited:
generic term

jan mud hosting is a generic term like free hosting, but what milly was alluring to was i was misleading that i was the webhoster providing the service

Re: MUD (and the stick therein)

A MUD is an online role-playing game. You are given scenarios (in text) and you type what you would do in such a scenario. e.g. You are in a house. To the North stands an open door. To the West is a bed. To the East is a window. To the South is a cave troll. Your reply: Run North., etc., etc. You go on quests and can meet other people, too.

if i can remember correctly it is based on Magic: The Gathering :confused:

Magic?

Which is based on "Magic: The Gathering?" MUDs? I thought MUDs were around a lot longer than Magic. And I actually thought it was based on D&D, but I don't know how long that's been around.

Re: Magic?

Which is based on "Magic: The Gathering?" MUDs? I thought MUDs were around a lot longer than Magic. And I actually thought it was based on D&D, but I don't know how long that's been around.
Yes, MUDs would have been around before M:TG, during D&D. :)

Back