• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My sudden strike site

i hate to burst your bubble, but black text on a black background is really hard to read, and highlighting it all is really annoying. also, that's an extremely large banner you have on top, think of the people who still use 800x600 screen resolutions...

Originally posted by agnieszka
but black text on a black background is really hard to read, and highlighting it all is really annoying. also, that's an extremely large banner you have on top, think of the people who still use 800x600 screen resolutions...

first off I'd like to say, I'm not using black text on a black background. Its neon text on a black background. The site was designed for 1024x700 resolution, I just haven't put up an entrace page yet. About the black text on black background, I really haven't got a clue where you got that from, the text is green, the only way it would show up black is if your using Netscape 3.5 or IE 3.0 or below and do not support CSS which is what I use to make the background color, link colors, and all the colors in general.

I think it looks very very bad!

I mean I can not even see the buttons under the banner she is talking about.....

and I am running 1024 on a 19" monitor!

Plus it just makes me feel sick -=/

try again Alex

PS: and for your sig.. If you admin a server, I am running for my life the other way!

Well, the buttons are apparently not meant to be seen yet, because the top frame has scrolling="no", which means they remain hidden. Maybe until there is more content on the pages they lead to?

I don't change my resolution just to please people who do not know how to design web pages. But in Opera I could just see the buttons when i zoomed down to 50%.

What do you mean "is designed for 1024x700"? Design is a fairly pretentious word for something that needs 1024x700 resolution? On this computer I have a higher resolution because that suits my need for word processing and other tasks. I have another computer that I only use for internet purposes. That screen is set for 640x480 (though it is large enough to handle at least 1024), because any competently made page looks just fine that way.

man, everyone here is really crull, it does have some issues to fix up but it has potential.

I think your really overestemating your site if your planning on getting a dedicated server just for that one site, a shared server should be fine. You should make the top banner smaller for us in 800X600:eek: green on black were the two colours of my first website and I still like it ;)

its not "very very bad" but does need some work:)

Thanks Zazoo, screw the other guys, they dont like me in the first place. Anyway I'm making a new banner. about 600x70 with more carnage on the picture. Also I'm gona resize the frame with a side bar menu instead of the regular menu, if you morons who like thinking I'm alex whould like to see my menu page as a full fell free to goto http://www.wolfknight.com/1/uwc/menu.html and It will prove that I made the menu. As for your viewing I guess there's incompatibilies there huh? Seeing as how it comes out fine on most peoples browsers but yours. Now I'm gona go before I get into anymore trouble with cussing people out, especially you YHS... yeah I'm Alex :rolleyes: just proves how arrogant you are, I work for him, I'm not him.

Your attitude sickens me, and especially that towards minorities. I am sicken that you label yourself as right-wing, you are NOT on my right-wing political front.

I try to give you advice to rework the site completely, and I get smashed.

I have done it many times myself. Infact my site is messed up right now, and I am working on a new design right now. It takes initative to make a good site.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Very bad. The site has minimal potential. I suggest reworking the framework completely over. I see no buttons.

You call that good advice? want some from me? F**K OFF! If anyone here knows me they know I dont take dipsticks dissin me very nicely, I'm not gona cuss anymore than I can avoid but you are seriously pushing me Ginacarlo, I'm about ready to just blow up on some of you. You dont reason, you dont think about who your insulting and you dont know who da hell your dealing with, yeah that means you YHS. This board has a number of nice people on it, then there's idiots like you, I'm not involved in politics anymore than I can avoid, so dont go assoisiating me with a political faction. I'm right-wing in my mentality, not in my politics, GWBush is no better a leader than Bullshit bill, or his dad. They're all contributing to the lessining of rights here in America and all you people do is write stupid crap like "I am sicked that you label yourself as right-wing" do you event know what the TRUE(not the political bull crap) right wing is? Probably not. So dont go jumping the gun unless you got some ammo.

Well, this is a rather odd review thread. Rapmaster, you may want to try (politely) correcting someone, even if they are rude to you. You counter small comments with long insults and I don't think it helps...

About the site... (hopefully the point of this thread):

The frames are done incorrectly. Top frame should not be a percentage, they should be an exact pixel number, that will solve the whole problem. There is no reason to have it be a percentage, it doesn't vary, only the bottom would...

Something like "200, *"

(Edit: Typos)

Last edited:
Originally posted by rapmaster

You call that good advice? want some from me? F**K OFF! If anyone here knows me they know I dont take dipsticks dissin me very nicely, I'm not gona cuss anymore than I can avoid but you are seriously pushing me Ginacarlo, I'm about ready to just blow up on some of you. You dont reason, you dont think about who your insulting and you dont know who da hell your dealing with, yeah that means you YHS. This board has a number of nice people on it, then there's idiots like you, I'm not involved in politics anymore than I can avoid, so dont go assoisiating me with a political faction. I'm right-wing in my mentality, not in my politics, GWBush is no better a leader than Bullshit bill, or his dad. They're all contributing to the lessining of rights here in America and all you people do is write stupid crap like "I am sicked that you label yourself as right-wing" do you event know what the TRUE(not the political bull crap) right wing is? Probably not. So dont go jumping the gun unless you got some ammo.

And can I speak english instead of garbage? Yes. Speak ENGLISH!

My politics are well-defined, I am far right in economic views having purist captialist views, and am center to the right in social issues. Stay out of my turf. I go with George W. Bush, Pat Buchanan and Ronald Reagan.

That entire paragraph is like one big run-on sentence and it has tons of fragments.

Anyways, I suggest reworking the entire framework of your page and you don't do it. It is the most sensible advice I have.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

And can I speak english instead of garbage? Yes. Speak ENGLISH!

My politics are well-defined, I am far right in economic views having purist captialist views, and am center to the right in social issues. Stay out of my turf. I go with George W. Bush, Pat Buchanan and Ronald Reagan.

That entire paragraph is like one big run-on sentence and it has tons of fragments.

Anyways, I suggest reworking the entire framework of your page and you don't do it. It is the most sensible advice I have.

Sprikenze English? Well anyway thanks to chicken I have solved my problem. As for your political views, GWB is about to get us into armagedon, Pat Buchanan was ummm one of those guys, and Ronald Reagan, well he's the only one of them I respect. Oh and you have no turf, especially on a BBS, nobody has turf. About my grammar, I don care, I cen talk lik I wan an don nobody cur but u. Ok, so now dat I'mma done sprkenze English da De homies I'mma gona go now cuz u'ze just gona reply an get flammed by me some more. Bye

rapmaster, this section of the forums is called "review my site", here we tell you if your site is good or bad and how to fix it (if we know).

if you don't want people telling you bad things about your site or to help you at all, then you shouldn't post here.

i put my site up for review and thankfully, people were honest, and i've been able to schedule some changes that will make it better.

arrogance will get you nowhere.

btw, "sprikenze" as you so naively put it, is meant to be "sprechen sie" and it is german for "do you speak..." and while we're on gammar/spelling, it is extemely hard to read and sometimes understand when someone writes like you did in your last post. when i see a post like that, i ignore it. fool.

Last edited:
I dont belive anyone gave me any sensible advice but chicken. All the people saying my buttons arnt showing really helps me out alot.... not. Chicken at least pointed out the problem, which I have fixed. Arrogance only leads to more arrogance would be a better phrase for this crap.

Alright well, I have reworked the frames, they seem to be working fine for me, check them out your self. Anyway I'll try not to blast off on anyone anymore, just a habbit I have sorry.

Back