• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My turn for a pointless poll :)

How do You Pronounce "Pecan"

• "puh-kon"

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • "pee-can"

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Jan
ROTFLMAO

HTML-Guru, how do you get puh-kon out of pecan?

:confused:

1) I'm from Louisiana. Thats How they say it there. (If you ask for "pee-can pray-leens" [pecan pralines] they'll tell you where the bathroom is, instead of giving you a "puh-kon praw-leen" [pecan praline])

2) I don't know if this is the same in other english-speaking countries, but here (US) the 'e' can make the 'uh' sound, and the 'a' can make the 'aww' sound

Pah-kahn, which I guess is closer to your "puh-kon" than it is your "pee-can"... but I've never heard praline pronounced "praw-leen", I've always said "pray-leen", emphasis on the second syllable.

Originally posted by meow
"One flew east and one flew west. One flew over the goo-roo's nest." :p

What the.....???
:confused2:confused2:confused2

I talk NORMAL except for a few (two) words (New Orleans = Noo awlins; pecan = puh-kon) and those are how they're said in Louisiana, where I'm from :angry2::angry2::angry2:

Last edited:
Originally posted by meow
Whawt abawt thawt! :D

I'M NOT A COUNTRY HICK YOU LITTLE ... nevermind I don't want to get banned.

Meow: stfu I talk normally, except I say "pecan" and "new orleans" different.

Calm down dude, you starting to sound like GC. :nervous:

I always knew you southerners spoke funny though. ;)

Let me highlight some things from one of my previous posts so the less intelligent ones here can understand what i meant....:angry2:

Originally posted by HTML-Guru

1) I'm from Louisiana. Thats How they say it there. (If you ask for "pee-can pray-leens" [pecan pralines] they'll tell you where the bathroom is, instead of giving you a "puh-kon praw-leen" [pecan praline])

>>> Ok yes that's true

2) I don't know if this is the same in other english-speaking countries, but here (US) the 'e' can make the 'uh' sound, and the 'a' can make the 'aww' sound

>>> Notice i said the 'e' and 'a' can make those sounds....but only under certain circumstances

GOT IT?!

Originally Posted by Phrozen:
Calm down dude, you starting to sound like GC. :nervous:

I'm irritated because I'm having a bad day. I....
-- almost got in a fight at school
-- got a 50 on a math test
-- spilled coffee on myself this morning

stop picking on guru i'm the only one that can make fun of him and i say it puh can too it's right i'm froom michigan we say it the same way so i think it would be right and saying it Noo awlins isn't weird either so why are you all saying it is:confused:

Back