• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Ezforum.org Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new ezforum.org owner, and owner of all of Nick Stallman's properties (he planned to sell out all along, I'm sure) is edkinnovations. The owner, edkinnovations, also owns phpbbforfree.com.

As part of edkinnovations terms of service:

* they own all content of your forum, including all graphics, avatars, etc. (you don't even own copyrights to your own avatars!)
* they own your forum name--forget about trademark rights (if you build a loyal following--forget about taking your forum anywhere else because THEY own it!!!)
* no backups allowed

edkinnovations doesn't allow backups so you can't take your forum somewhere else and host it anywhere else. The first thing they did on ezforum is ELIMINATE the ability of admins to backup their forums when the sale was announced. Too bad so sad!

I guess they don't like competition.

What are the implications of this? If you build a loyal following, you cannot take your forum anywhere else. You can't host it anywhere, not even on your own computer because edkinnovations owns all the content, up to and including the forum name, and all associated trademark rights, I'm sure.

If you build a loyal following, they can overtake your forum and do whatever they want with it.

If you host a forum with edkinnovations (ezforum.org, phpbbforfree.com), you are making a deal with the devil. Those terms of service go way too far in that they rob you of your entire forum and everything you've worked for.

I don't have anything against Nick Stallman. He was a GREAT admin, other than his problems keeping ezforum up and running. The problem is that he planned to sell out all along, as far as I believe. Think about it: you tout your forum as being ad free, promise to keep it ad free, give great support, get as many members as you can, then when you reach critical mass, you sell out to the highest bidder.

nickstallmansucks said:
The new ezforum.org owner, and owner of all of Nick Stallman's properties (he planned to sell out all along, I'm sure) is edkinnovations. The owner, edkinnovations, also owns phpbbforfree.com.

As part of edkinnovations terms of service:

* they own all content of your forum, including all graphics, avatars, etc. (you don't even own copyrights to your own avatars!)
* they own your forum name--forget about trademark rights (if you build a loyal following--forget about taking your forum anywhere else because THEY own it!!!)
* no backups allowed

edkinnovations doesn't allow backups so you can't take your forum somewhere else and host it anywhere else. The first thing they did on ezforum is ELIMINATE the ability of admins to backup their forums when the sale was announced. Too bad so sad!

I guess they don't like competition.

What are the implications of this? If you build a loyal following, you cannot take your forum anywhere else. You can't host it anywhere, not even on your own computer because edkinnovations owns all the content, up to and including the forum name, and all associated trademark rights, I'm sure.

If you build a loyal following, they can overtake your forum and do whatever they want with it.

If you host a forum with edkinnovations (ezforum.org, phpbbforfree.com), you are making a deal with the devil. Those terms of service go way too far in that they rob you of your entire forum and everything you've worked for.

I don't have anything against Nick Stallman. He was a GREAT admin, other than his problems keeping ezforum up and running. The problem is that he planned to sell out all along, as far as I believe. Think about it: you tout your forum as being ad free, promise to keep it ad free, give great support, get as many members as you can, then when you reach critical mass, you sell out to the highest bidder.
the owner of edk is also a huge fatass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back