• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New iPods

They look fine, but the colors sure are ugly. It's like all those nasty fluorescent colors that Chrysler had on its cars this past year. (I think they are reversing that for this coming model year, and a good thing at that!)

I much prefer the redesign to the 3rd gen nanos. The old one felt too big, without really being that big.

I'm a bit annoyed that the iPod classic is now just 120gb especially after buying an 80gb just 5 months ago; not really an issue, since I have far less than 80gb of tunes, but it's nice being able to use it as a sneakernet device :)

The colours are also fantastic, the previous generations were a bit dull. Some coloured iPod classics would be good too, I slapped a skin on mine to make it red :D

Wish they'd come out with a 32gb iPhone though...

I don't know if anyone minus me has been closely watching the recent iPod discoveries. Well, they've announced quite a lot during a keynote event yesterday which I shamefully sat and pressed F5 on over and over on a live blog. Side note, I did that because I'm investing in a new Nano 8GB tomorrow. Was pondering 16GB but the extra space with the dosh I wouldn't use. Not worth it.

So what came out of it?

New iPod Nano. Must say, from after arriving indoors from the apple shop nearest to me. That thing looks and handles like a dream. The new UI on it freeking awesome and it comes in 9 colours. Which are:
ipodnano_hero20080909.jpg

After spending time with the black one today, it looks classy as. I will be purchasing that beast. I have to say the thing is tiny!

New iPod touch. Handled it and went on this as well. Basically same minus the volume controls, the external speaker and it's absolute skinnyness.

Your views guys?

Same as the old ones though, just the UI has changed. All I see different is they've gone a horrid shape. I would only buy an iPod for the sheer size of the HD, everything else is just useless.

Back