• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NightShells.Net

locolijo

1. Where are they located?

2. How are their services?

3. Why do they offer so much for so little money compared to other offers? (Dedicated Servers)

4. Whats the catch in all that? :tired2:

1) The servers are located everywhere, they resell for different datacenters
2) From what I have heard, support speed is good, but support quality is bad.
3) That’s something only they can answer...
4) Well; always remember, they don't have total control over the servers, they are reselling them, therefore you might have to wait an hour or a few for a reboot, ect. Also, support is not as good as it could be (I have heard)

But with prices like they offer. What’s to lose?

REAL example from GoDaddy Support a year or so ago:

Why is it when I type 'df' my hard drive sizes are incorrect and/or not showing up?

And the technical support reply is: Oh we're not sure....We can reinstall the OS for you though.

Then you have found lack of quality :p

-----------------------------------------------
Anyway to answer your question about NightShells.Net --- Well codeunix owns it and the fact that he is wondering whether one of his servers are a VPS and how to even tell.....Would tell me to not buy from him.

Per codeunix:
hmm look at my uname -a:
FreeBSD oracle.nightshells.net 5.5-BETA4 FreeBSD 5.5-BETA4 #0: Sun Apr 2 10:50:21 UTC 2006 admin@oracle.nightshells.net:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/Oracle i386

does this looks as a vps or dedicated?

hmm thx, what cmd should i use in order to confirm 100% ?

Thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=424762&page=2&highlight=nightshells

Last edited:
lol, thats an easy one for you, the site is: http://easyspeedy.com/

Now basicly what there prices are is the price and the price for setup, it is a bit more expensive but your getting better service, idk how nightshells was getting the price they were, maybe alot of servers, or some reseller deal.

But hope that helps

This guy Leriss offered a server under the NightShells name and we paid him.. we never got the server...

the Administrator of NightShells just say: Please dont stress me...

What the heck kind of support is that... He didnt know We paid Leriss..

Well this guy hasnt been online either.. so I just opened a ticket for money back...

I want to know where the Owner of NightShells is located.. He better not live in USA because Im going to see him in a lawsuit...

Anyone knows where is he located? Can the staff trace the IP Address?

Hey jcws649,

I added you on msn, ill try and help you on it track this guy down. I dont wanna post the information publicly, thats all. Also how did you pay, if its creditcard get an chargeback in place now. I would take it and this is by the research im finding is that they stopped accepting paypal or other versions of payment due to chargebacks, webhostingtalk has some bad reviews of this company, not looking to good for them.

Last edited:
LSComputers said:
Hey jcws649,

I added you on msn, ill try and help you on it track this guy down. I dont wanna post the information publicly, thats all. Also how did you pay, if its creditcard get an chargeback in place now. I would take it and this is by the research im finding is that they stopped accepting paypal or other versions of payment due to chargebacks, webhostingtalk has some bad reviews of this company, not looking to good for them.

Okay.. Im currently hosted by RackForce.com Awesome Hosting company with fast support less than 2 mnutes response... :)

Im going to PM you my new msn address.

Thank you for your help LSComputers.

ahhhhhh................!!!!! I didn't know anything about him, Hmmm...... well if u need a server from them i'd give it to u with the best i could do. But, ur with rackforce so uwouldn't need it anymore/

Okay well, people don't come to me for information about an company, I am not hear to reck any business, I am only providing the contact information which any one can get using the whois, if you need information please do the searching yourself, do not come to me for the information. I do not want to be the one causing a company to fall.

sorry to say this but websoloutions you should do reasearch before you start resseling for a company as it is you refering so you could end up been sued in the event of it turning bad

satan said:
sorry to say this but websoloutions you should do reasearch before you start resseling for a company as it is you refering so you could end up been sued in the event of it turning bad

I would have to agree with Satan.

Back