• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pivotal Web Hosting

Blitz-Host

Hello,

i have my reseller account with Pivotal Web Hosting at the moment but it seem to be getting increasing downtime. They tell me it’s something at my end or issues with there bandwidth...

Here is my uptime for my main site (witch is down again i might add!)

http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics.php?Id=26572&UserId=31222

I just thought you all might like to know! This is an issue that has lost my clients and i am not overly happy and in the middle of changing.

That's pretty bad. I'd stick with the host for a bit longer, just to see if he's doing anything, then switch over. You should give him some chance.

Ciao

i have given him a chase this is not the 1st and wont be the last its been getting worse and worse for the last month! Well its looks like there Named crashed and is not running as u can acess cpanel/whm via the ip

Pivotal Web Hosting says:
We are aware of the problem with named, however our server provider has been bought out, and now we are working against the clock the retain your data before they take our servers offline for good. We are moving EVERYTHING off to a new location, however it is a slow process for our entire server.

I'd never go with a provider whom claimed they own a data centre in the first place, (the provider Pivotal Web Hosting uses) - a provider what has a data centre with just one web page, before long they would go bust, and there you go.

Stick with Pivotal Web Hosting once they move they should be okay

Its confirmed that their named is down. However, they have a new server up and running on a different host, so it'll be good to wait and give them time to adjust.

I'd personally move files just to avoid eventual complete data loss, but the person that runs PWH is a really nice, helpful, kind person, so don't drop out on him yet.

Yes utcrazy, k is a nice guy and very helpful. I agree with you to not write PWH out yet. He is trying his best and we all go through the same learning curve.

However, it'll be good to do a backup of all your sites onto another server just in case. You never know what the new Provider is capable of screwing you with.

NetCafe said:
Yes utcrazy, k is a nice guy and very helpful. I agree with you to not write PWH out yet. He is trying his best and we all go through the same learning curve.

However, it'll be good to do a backup of all your sites onto another server just in case. You never know what the new Provider is capable of screwing you with.

Perfectly said NetCafe.

eRudNet

Duport, its really not the data centre thats the issue here. In any host, its the support and response that counts. Data Centre, well if you consider 100 workstation on an internet cafe and 6 servers in an aircon room as a DC, then well we have it too. A DC is just a few wires, routers and hubs, whats the big deal unless you want to be a telecoms giant.

Having said that, it boils down to when problem occurs, can it be rectified soonest possible to minimise losses?

I recently did a major server move and have a handful of customers that never kept backups.... I'm on hour # 45 of working straight...

Stick with your host, he'll straighten it out... sometimes we work so hard we can't get the updates back to you in such time... I know, Im going through it now myself.

hottweelz, I agree. Its a different ball game when you are the host. Webmasters have only a few sites, we have to deal with tons of them.

I understand all of your concerns and appreciate your support everyone, we just got the word our new servers should be ready for our use within a few hours from now. At that time they have my special instructions to begin a secure copy (scp) from our old server onto our new one. To those of you that have e-mailed us wondering where we went, I apologize for the dealy in responding to those e-mails, but our old provider did indeed shut down access to their DNS server, and that is the reason sites cannot be accessed. Through the IP of your site, they can be seen fine:
http://sites-ip/~username
I apologize for this downtime and we hope to better serve our customers in the future.

doomachine2000, can you PM me on this site or contact me on MSN, as I am unsure who you are in relation to my business with you, but as my other clients have said, I do try my best to be professional in my contact with my customers, even on a semi-informal platform of communication such as instant messenger.

Once again guys, I'm personally very sorry for this block of downtime we've been having.

Blitz-host, the bandwidth problems we had were with the ISP Wiltell's OC48 router, and as we are not directly their customers (our former provider interfaced with them) we had no control over that downtime.

I will keep all of you posted on updates to our situation.

- Kevin
Pivotal Web Hosting

Last edited:
PivotalWebHosting said:
I understand all of your concerns and appreciate your support everyone, we just got the word our new servers should be ready for our use within a few hours from now. At that time they have my special instructions to begin a secure copy (scp) from our old server onto our new one. To those of you that have e-mailed us wondering where we went, I apologize for the dealy in responding to those e-mails, but our old provider did indeed shut down access to their DNS server, and that is the reason sites cannot be accessed. Through the IP of your site, they can be seen fine:
I apologize for this downtime and we hope to better serve our customers in the future.

doomachine2000, can you PM me on this site or contact me on MSN, as I am unsure who you are in relation to my business with you, but as my other clients have said, I do try my best to be professional in my contact with my customers, even on a semi-informal platform of communication such as instant messenger.

Once again guys, I'm personally very sorry for this block of downtime we've been having.

Blitz-host, the bandwidth problems we had were with the ISP Wiltell's OC48 router, and as we are not directly their customers (our former provider interfaced with them) we had no control over that downtime.

- Kevin
Pivotal Web Hosting

Wiltell has been having some router issues this whole month. Hope they get all of thier issues resolved. Best of luck with the server move as well Pivotal

:)

PivotalWebHosting said:
Thanks for your support JewlzK.
Anytime, if you should need any help please feel free to let me know (no strings attached :wink2: )

Regards
JewlzK

PivotalWebHosting said:

- Kevin
Pivotal Web Hosting

If you are experiencing troubles with the url he gave you
It is because it should be
http://sites-ip/~username/
Whe using site ip always make sure it is ending with a / or filename. Other wise you will probley get a (hostname) could not be found message.

Anyways! Nice to see you are still alive Pivotal!

eRudNet

Back