• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pivotal Web Hosting

nameservers changed, and now im waiting for it to update...2hrs already :(, but that is not the hosts fault.

We changed our nameserves 8 hours ago, still nothing. Domains on our new server already propogated within 3 hours.

pivotalwebhosting.com I Think instead of pivotalhosting.com?
Usually for DNS to change can take 24 hours. In my experience my dns resolve in 3 days with other hosting.

o thnx alot for the info, i got worried :(, has yours gone up right now or are you still waiting?

Sorry I am using his other service, since I got a dedicated server myself. But wait it for a while if still not up like 24 hours, then I'll help you to contact him. :)

Also for Redz,
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=redz.us&type=NS seems your DNS still redz.us so it has not changed yet.

For others,
if you ping to ns1.pivotalwebhosting.com and ns2.pivotalwebhosting.com you can the ping back, so it shows the server is up.

Last edited:
redz, as of now, all our domains with pivotal remains down. Even cpanel access lost. we cant even move any data off teh server to a temp space. The site you saw in my signature is on another server which we are sharing.

Our main domain rtgasia.com is with pivotal, so is l07.net, l08.net and l09.net. The rest of our domains are split between 2 other servers after we learn not to place all our eggs in one basket.

Frankly, in another few hours if our domain is not going up, we are contemplating getting another ded to share with say 3 or 4 others. this way, costs will be low and all can share one server which can create say 4 resellers equally.

Lets see how it goes. if anyone is moving or getting a new ded, PM me and we can split. I have servers at a bargain.

Since sunday. I got the new ip but it wont resolve to our domains thou the DNS switch was like 18 hours ago.

Just information, since you change from pivotalwebhosting.biz to .com somehow the ip is 66.199.242.10 try to access your cpanel with that ip somehow. Since Netcafe cpanel is working hopefully yours as well Redz.

redz, we are also holding back from a ded offered by V. If I cannot get this resolved by say within 3 hours, then I have to go with V on his ded offer which I intend to share with others.

As for backup, you can still access your cpanel and grab whatever.

Brent is getting bald while I am working overtime to move things.

DNS propagation takes up to 72 hours to complete, 18 hours is not nearly enough for the propagation, sometimes you will get quicker results, sometimes probably not.
What you can do in case your computer caches old sites is clear your cache and do flushdns, also resetting your internet wouldn't hurt.

With that said, I noticed that redz.us is using custom nameservers. Upon a server move, custom nameservers will not work until A-record is added again on the server. redz, you will most likely need to modify your ns1 & ns2 at your registrar first then probably contact pivotal to have him add A-record to your account. Until those steps are taken, you'll probably experience downtime for a bit more.

Yes it takes 72 hours, but from my experience is more somehow (My other domain with other hosting in the past).
Well, try to contact pivotalwebhosting phone number if you can't get in touch with them via email.
For my opinion I think pivotalwebhosting is a good hoster, so if you can wait for a while it will be good somehow.

Pivotal is good but the downtime is killing all our hairs, not to mention time.

We are trying our best to bear with it becasue moving 100s sites off to another server is no joking business!

vphost said:
DNS propagation takes up to 72 hours to complete, 18 hours is not nearly enough for the propagation, sometimes you will get quicker results, sometimes probably not.
What you can do in case your computer caches old sites is clear your cache and do flushdns, also resetting your internet wouldn't hurt.

With that said, I noticed that redz.us is using custom nameservers. Upon a server move, custom nameservers will not work until A-record is added again on the server. redz, you will most likely need to modify your ns1 & ns2 at your registrar first then probably contact pivotal to have him add A-record to your account. Until those steps are taken, you'll probably experience downtime for a bit more.
He registered my domain so i cannot modify my ns1 & ns2 at registrar because i dont even know my registrar

Back