• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please Reopen The Longest Thread in the World!!

can u make it so that all links are preg_replaced in a specific thread, that'd solve the problem somewhat ....

KRAK_JOE said:
why not just start another thread ? and then smash peoples reps when they spam it aswell as ban them, only instead of calling it the longest thread ever, call it
"The only thread without spam EVER" ..... or
"Spam and we'll cut your throat TWICE", or
"Spam and your balls will fall off",
"Spamming brings syphillis" ....
"Affiliate links cause aids in idiots" ....
"Spamming is the new rimming" ....
"Spam can cause your breath to smell like fish, and mustard" .....
"Spamming causes brain mass to decrease by 4x"......
"Please don't spam this meaningless thread".....

or summing .....
Becauase that thread wont be 4 years old, and it want have over 10 000 posts in. The great thing about it, is that it's so old..

Peo said:
If the members who broke the rule can now confirm that they understand this very simple rule I have no problem reopening that thread soon.
I thought a couple understood that last time it was closed :S But it didn't sink in for long.

KRAK_JOE said:
can u make it so that all links are preg_replaced in a specific thread, that'd solve the problem somewhat ....
preg_replace doesn't work on pure databases. Just a simple REPLACE query if that's what was going to happen. But it's not.

oh, before the data is inserted. Thought you meant to fix the current posts. In that case, you are correct.

Peo said:
We allow rants and drivel in that thread, yes. We do not allow spam of your own site or referral links. If the members who broke the rule can now confirm that they understand this very simple rule I have no problem reopening that thread soon.

I spammed my own site a few times.

I can now confirm that I understand this very simple rule.

Justin; you're next! :lol:

We could easily disable bbcode altogether in that forum ;) But unfortunately that would totally go against what the forum was intended for - testing.

How about simple rules recognition? How hard is that? What areas of the rules do you not understand? We can reword them into Sesame Street language if it makes it easier for some :p

yh, I get the rules, but you can't be naieve enough to think that everyone that has an account here even bothers to read them, so maybe just for that one thread / forum, you could change the way the software behaves to take care of it, and that's one less thing for yourselves to do ....

KRAK_JOE said:
yh, I get the rules, but you can't be naieve enough to think that everyone that has an account here even bothers to read them, so maybe just for that one thread / forum, you could change the way the software behaves to take care of it, and that's one less thing for yourselves to do ....
I know that 75% at least have never read them. But when established members have been cautioned/warned in the past, is that a reason to excuse anyone in any thread, in any category? The rules will remain in place in all forums. If you don't like it, go to a "no holds barred' forum.

We are not about to let this forum slide into a place where people think they can join and do what they darned well please because they think it is right. This forum has survived for many years because it was kept "reasonably clean" even before I joined here.

Let's keep it that way :angel:

Open it people, don't give us the bull that people wern't following the rules, you warn or ban them, and you let the innocent posters, post free in this thread. Everyone knows that, you guys are just in denial.

But, I don't get it. If it doesn't accumalate post counnts...who cares if it's spam? It's been spam for 5yrs. Why decide to shut it down now?

What's the difference between;
meaningless drivel and spam? :p

It had over 10,000 posts, it was doing sooo good. I don't think it's right to close a 5yr. tradition thread. :(

Anyways, we always have to respect administration and moderation authority.

Regards, :wave:

By spam in this context we mean advertising your own site. The thread will be reopened soon. Again, advertising your own site is not allowed and will result in a warning. Are we clear on this?

I have noticed that thread being there ever since I have joined. It serves no reason person, but merely a place for someone to have fun really.

I know there is a really you can block out certain words and links and stuff when someone posts, because a forum, I am a member of does it all the time.

I can see a reason why most of the rules are in place and people enforce them, but at the same time, some of the rules don't go with all the forums.

Maybe you need to redo the rules for that particular part of the forum. From what I see it says "Test things out". That to me, doesnt have anything to do with the other parts of this forum.

PS. Well no one needs to advertise in it. That is where they is an ads and offers forum.

Last edited:
And again, none of the posts in that thread have anything to do with testing things out.

We have allowed rants and useless posts there for a long time that would not have been allowed in the rest of the forum. Apart from that the rules are exactly the same as for the rest of the forum and that won't change.

Peo I think you missed understood what I said. I said it is in a forum for testing things out. I didn't mean it to sound like that people use that particular thread for testing things out.

The forum itself is called "Testing Things Out" which has nothing to do with the other parts of the forum. Like web hosting, domain names, etc.

It is ok to have a master set of rules, but then for each individual forum, you need to have it, have its own set of rules.

Im mean it is your forum, and far be it for me or anyone else tell you how to run it. I am just giving my opinion like everyone else. Not trying to make anyone mad.

Well, I see no need to change the rules for that forum and nobody has presented any reason why we should do that or what rule should be changed. The warning was for posting a referral link, why should we allow referral links?

You should allow referal links because half the time, the host you are refering people to, is better than any other fly by night reseller trying to make a buck.

Back