• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please Review My Movie Blog

I think it looks nice. My only suggestion is that you should experiment with the background color since it is the main piece of aesthetic on the page. Besides this, I think it is nice and clean.

well yeah I know I have a lot of ads but is the only way I could earn some money. Also, what color should I use for the background then?

ok: scrap the visitor stats, it looks ----ty.

for the navigation: you see your login box? copy its style across and use that.

for the number of rss subscribers find a different colour, it jars.

the shoutbox looks a bit nasty, grab your own ad free one from zymic.com also the shoutbox header text is blue? change it.

center the vote for us button in its box.

get rid of some of the ads, particularly the inner text ads, i've never clicked one and never will.

more ads doesn't result in more money, it just makes users more aware of the ads and even less likely to click them.

for the header, scrap it, replace it with large plaintext in prehaps arial/verdana use it in white and possible bold.

with some improvements this site will look great, its a good start but it needs some things fixing.

Thanks John. I will change the Shoutbox and I will remove the some of the stats and make them invisible. For the ads, I really can't take them off because that's how I make money (About $15/ Day not bad) maybe you don't click on them but impressions count. For the logo, I now I am not good at Photoshop but I really don't want to put just plain text, you know what I mean?

Thanks Again.

as said before I couldnt even let the page load, because of waiting for the ads. I know you make $$$ from them, but eventually that may turn some visitors away if it takes too long to load. If you make $15 a day, then do you really need that many ads to pay for hosting and a little $$$ in the pocket? Or can you cut down a little and improve the site's load time?

Ok, I have noticed that cliksor ads and bidvertiser ads are the ones that are slowing down the load time. I'll have to leave adbrite and google adsense since I make the most from them. It also depends on what kind of internet connection you have, for me it only takes 4 seconds for the page to load ( I have DSL 5megs download/ 1meg upload) I've also check my website load time with iwebtool and it came out as "fast".

Last edited:
I have cable internet.

Also you may have to be careful with mixing google and other ads, I think google doesnt allow you to use theirs with another ad company. I dont know if thats just for a single page or entire sites (different ads on different pages)

Back