• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Poll! Are you afraid of death?

is0lized

See Below
Are you afraid of death? Why and why not?

Im not afraid of death, because i know it will happen some day and there nothing bad about moving on

I'm not really afraid of death... but I definately don't want to know when I'm gonna die.

people only say that they aren't afraid of death because they think it's so far away.

Would you still honestly think that you won't be afraid if you are going to die an hour later?

I'm not afraid of death it self .. i'm afraid of not living ... and whats going to happen after i die .. and how i die

This reminds me of a thing in Social Studies (History) a few weeks ago. To do with Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette of France. When they were executed, them both remained very composed. A few years later, when the leader of the revolutionary group that pushed very hard to have them executed was being sent to the guillotine himself, he was struggling, screaming, and had to be held down to be executed. Not that I am saying I wouldn't be, but interesting none the less.

As for me, I am not afaid of dying in the sense of paranoia. What happens happens. I also am not saying I believe in Fate, but some things are out of your control. You can't live your life being afraid of death. Take some risks, have some fun, die happy. It's all good!

Marie Antoinette supposedly raised an eyebrow and said : "All this people to see a woman die". :biggrin2:

I'm not afraid of death, such as it were; but afraid of dying young.

So once I'm older, I can stop being fearful. :biggrin2:

hehe... young people are not afraid of anything. However, once death is nearby , I will be very interested to see if you guys are still so unfearful.

I have to agree with you allanh. Have any of you experienced it up close?

I have no personal experience of closeness to death. But I have seen plenty of it in hospital.. All those olds and youngs are scared shitless about it.

You just don't fear something until it happens to you.

I thought Marie Antoinette's last words were something to the effect of "excuse me" having just stepped on the executioner's foot.

Wasn't there already a thread asking the exact same question? I seem to remember posting in one. Anyway, do I fear death? No. Am I scared at the thought of death? No. With death comes the end of all things, so after it happens, what do I care? That's solipsistic thinking but, hey, it works. That doesn't mean I seek death out or hurry along to it, but I don't reject the fact that all will die.

I know many old and very old people, in fact a few of 'em kicked off this month. They did more than simply not fear death, they embraced it and welcomed its coming with open arms. From my experience, most people who live beyond a certain age or outlive the majority of their generation no longer want to go on. For them, death is certainly not a frightful prospect.

Looking back at my extended family, none of them grew terror-stricken when they neared death, either, save one of my grandfathers, who with all his heart believed that by building a church and funneling thousands upon thousands of dollars into he'd buy immortality from God. He died thoroughly confused and unaware of what was happening to him. Though I'm an atheist, I'm sure he now lives in Hell.
You just don't fear something until it happens to you.
Of course, being dead, there's not much left to worry about. :)

Well I had a fever of about 105-106 a few weeks ago, and I almost died. I can tell ya right now, I was shit scared when I was actually alert.

I heard somewhere that in a census, more people were afraid of speaking to a large audience than of dying. Think about it...that means if you are at a funeral...youd rather be in the casket, than giving the eulogy..

Last edited:
I do not fear death itself - fear entrapment and extreme pain, but not death itself.
"life is eternal, and love is immortal;
and death is only a horizon;
and a horizon is nothing
save the limit of our sight."

Back