• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Possible Copy Button!

Is it possible to interact with the clipboard? Short answer no with an except, long answer yes with a but.

Long answer:

Yes, Netscape 6.1 (maybe 6.0, but I don't think so) will allow you to copy to and paste from the clipboard. I don't know how off-hand, I know I've seen it before. But, that's the only browser I know of that allows you to. I've also seen a script that claimed to work in IE, but it didn't when I tested it (sorry, I don't remember the URL). Plus, it's quite easy to get the selected text from a text field, but I'm not so sure how you'd go about getting the selected text from the page itself.

their right it cant be dune with JavaScript but it can be dune in DHTML ill send you the link on ICQ later bro:D

ok here it is!!
Code:
<input type="button" value="Copy" onClick="javascript:execCommand('Copy');" style="font-family:verdana; font-size:10; background-color:Darkgreen; color:#FFFFFF; font-weight: bold;">

Hmmm well try this the problem is the Forum is putting a space between the Java and the Script just remove the space
PHP:
<input type="button" value="Copy" onClick="javascript:execCommand('Copy');" style="font-family:verdana; font-size:10; background-color:#0066CC; color:#ffffff; font-weight: bold;">
PS.. ITs NOT PHP i just wanted some color :)

Last edited:
ok try this one with out color
PHP:
<input type="button" value="Copy" onClick="java script:execCommand('Copy');" >

realy huh where you hitting the X ?? Ill look in to that . What is your screen setting? 800x600?its not so big on mine because i made it under 1024x786 i think that right but thanks for the complaments ill make the window smaler and look in to the closeing problem

Did you get the copy code to work?

Last edited:
Back