• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Program that lets you continue downloads?

I use wget for huge files on slower/unreliable servers.

Then if it dies I can just use wget -c to pick up where it died :)

Originally posted by Robert
Just to answer that question.. wget is only as fast as the server you are downloading it from. wget does not split the file up into multiple seasons like DA or Flashget does.

Hmm, so the only use of Wget is able resume? If i use the windows download, i can get like 10kbps but with DAP, i can get 35-40.

Originally posted by darkcurves
Hmm, so the only use of Wget is able resume? If i use the windows download, i can get like 10kbps but with DAP, i can get 35-40.
The DAP statistic isn't accurate.

Download DU Meter (google it) and monitor your true connection speeds. You'll find that your actual download speed is pretty much the same using either method.

I must be the only one that likes Getright :p supports resume after anything (see below for the exception) multi threaded downloads, mirror search for alternates (you can enable reporting to a db alternate sites with the same files), never let me down yet :)

Always a one to watch - resuming depends on the server, if it's a big file and the server doesn't I steer clear.

Just to answer that question.. wget is only as fast as the server you are downloading it from. wget does not split the file up into multiple seasons like DA or Flashget does.

mmm.. no comment.

however, people should know that wget has power in downloading and will never let you down if you know the way it works.

Originally posted by Decker
Try GetRight - no spyware or crap and it only costs a little, will reconnect for you and resume and/or keep trying.

I second that!!!

GeTright is bluddy fantastic - no spyware, very fast, VERY easy to use and cool funky icons to choose from lOL :coolmusic :applaudin

Originally posted by carlito
I second that!!!

GeTright is bluddy fantastic - no spyware, very fast, VERY easy to use and cool funky icons to choose from lOL :coolmusic :applaudin

It's fantastic coz u gotta pay for it. Just wondering, if DAP is fantastic with ads, i wonder how fantactic is it without the ads.

Originally posted by darkcurves
It's fantastic coz u gotta pay for it. Just wondering, if DAP is fantastic with ads, i wonder how fantactic is it without the ads.

You have to PAY for it ? ;)

Back