• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Program that lets you continue downloads?

TRUNKS

Something
NLC
So you dont have to start over if the connection drops out or something? Which would you recommend? (NOT DAP though!)

Thanks

I thought the rule was only reply if you know what you're talking about.
Firebird/Firefox and IE do not have options that will always continue a download after a connection problem (such as a modem redial.) He also said no Download Accelerator, or DAP.

stop being so hypocritical :chinese2:

and moz firebird does have a resume feature now.. i think.. never used it though

Originally posted by notnamed
Firebird/Firefox and IE do not have options that will always continue a download after a connection problem (such as a modem redial.) He also said no Download Accelerator, or DAP.

Didn;t know that's wat DAP stands for.

Er firefox 0.8 and firebird 0.7 has such options.

Err no they don't, because I lost a download I left overnight because of a modem redial. There's a difference between a pause/resume feature and a resume after connection drop feature.

Try GetRight - no spyware or crap and it only costs a little, will reconnect for you and resume and/or keep trying.

Err no they don't, because I lost a download I left overnight because of a modem redial. There's a difference between a pause/resume feature and a resume after connection drop feature.
My bad then. Actually I don't use FireFox. DAP is the best but since you don't like it, I have nothing else to recommend.

Originally posted by darkcurves
Yeah, try to get the paid version. DAP rules!!!
Actually I don't use any down manager unless I am downloading a Fedora Linux ISO, I wouldn't want to get d/ced and waste a few hours redownloading them.

Originally posted by bloodyveins
use wget. it's fast.

Just to answer that question.. wget is only as fast as the server you are downloading it from. wget does not split the file up into multiple seasons like DA or Flashget does.

Back