• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

RackShack Down !

AndyUK

I'v never seen this happen before, remember this is the 100% uptime hosting provider ;)

http://www.rackshack.net
Time (US/Eastern) Checked From Result Bytes Seconds
03/07/2003 13:18:22 Detroit USA ERROR N/A 30.024
03/07/2003 13:18:42 Frankfurt GERMANY ERROR N/A 30.121
03/07/2003 13:18:22 London UK ERROR N/A 30.029
03/07/2003 13:18:23 Los Angeles USA ERROR N/A 30.022
03/07/2003 13:18:22 Montreal CANADA ERROR N/A 30.238
03/07/2003 13:18:41 Oklahoma City USA ERROR N/A 30.712
Average Response Time: 30.191 Seconds

100% not any more.

:confused2 I've been trying to get through to webhostingtalk.com and was wondering why I couldn't.

That answers that :)

:confused: maybe another ddos attack??

Last edited:
remember this is the 100% uptime hosting provider

100% uptime? Where did you hear that?

Yes, a large segment of their network is offline at the moment.

I have 2 boxes there which appear to be live and well...... Maybe the DDOS is only affecting certain subnets?

Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon!

Could be that work virus thing which takes up all bandwidth within a network. Not too such what happens, just heard something like this about a week ago.

Then again, could be anything :/

They had a message posted but I guess alot didnt see it as the forums, DID go down....
Emergency Maintenance:
03/07/03 – 10:00 AM CST (UTC –6)

Due to emergency maintenance www.rackshack.net is inaccessible. However, forum.rackshack.net is accessible.

There is no ETR for www.rackshack.net.

Here is info I was able to pull off somewhere

What I know:

Network Outage 03/07/03

Today, we experienced a substantial attack that resulted in a partial outage of our network.

I am unable to provide detailed information of the attack at this time.

The entire Network Team and Network Operations Centers worked very hard to bring this to a resolution.

On behalf of all of us at Everyones Internet and Rackshack I would like thank you for your business and your patience.

The Headsurfer will be updating you later this evening as he receives details from TechieSurfer.

Again, thank you for your support and business.

Best regards,

Val

12 gig-e lines and still getting DOS'ed the shit outta 'em. Sad... :rolleyes:

Btw, shouldn't this be in dedicated hosting?

WHT has been down for quite a while again, so I guess they are still having problems (or again having problems) :(

Whats going on with RS?
My server been down for 24 hours with 3 sites runnin forums, chats, store etc etc and as i look around the webhosting info sites it seems its been down since march 7th.

This the longest downtime ever and am losing many members and sales.

I dunno what to tell some of my clients besides that the network is down and many of them already wish to cancle thier orders cus they cant access thier account order information.

No way to contact RS other than the phone.

This is no good. :(

This is the main gist of the problem. I can access rackshack and the forum.
Originally posted by headsurfer
At this point, if you cannot access our network in general, your IP has probably been blocked by our abuse team. The best idea is to place a call to our tech department to have them investigate. If you need a reboot and cannot access the members section, they will also be able to help.

We have been hit with a rather significant series of attacks since around 9PM Thursday evening similar, yet more advanced, than the attacks last week. Our network continues to function at better than 99.9% of its normal utilization telling me that there are a very few customers involved with no or limited access.

Bear in mind, we are hit with dozens of attacks every day which are generally handled within 1 to 3 minutes of when they start and rarely affect anything other than the precise server targeted.

While I cannot discuss these latest attacks in specific, I will say that they are different.

Back