• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Rep Idea..

Chris L.

It would be cool if we required people to give 1 +rep for every -rep to keep people from -repping everyone.
Whata you think?

It would encourage -rep in my opinion. I don't know about others but I personally try not to -rep others, unless they deserve it.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

They do that at digitalpoint, makes no difference though people still -rep you for no reason....especially people that have a load of rep, *colin* .... I mean *cough* ...

I think that each one have to watch where the reputation coming from and from whom and there won't be -rep without any reason. IMO

It would encourage -rep in my opinion. I don't know about others but I personally try not to -rep others, unless they deserve it.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

i agree.
i also give out a lot more +rep than i do -rep, so, i dont want to be forced to give more -rep to people. so, sorry, but, i dont think this is a good idea.

I give about equal, the fact is though some people are more likely to forgive people for posting stupid things, others are not. and visa versa, I guess it comes down to what type of person you are. Changing the rep laws won't change people.

People just need to stop giving negative rep for stupid reasons and there would be no reason to change the rules. If there was a way for the mods to look at the rep being given to a person or the people giving the rep and change it or ban a member from being able to give rep then mabe people would not want to change it. To many people running around here giving negative rep for no reason at all. If the post does not break any rules then I do not see any reason to negative rep anyone.

I don't care about negative rep. I just care about the JACKASSES who use bad grammar when negative repping me. If you can't use proper English, you have no place judging me or anyone else. Let me give you a few quotes:
OK negative reputation said:
Don't tell me what to do. -Iyeru
Not OK negative reputation said:
Iyeru told me what (s)he thought while the person who wrote no thx is just a jackass.
Chris

Personally, I think it's a gayass idea - no offense, but folks just need to learn to deal with whatever rep they get.

Maybe we should change it so you can only ever get -rep, and then people could just accept it and then we won't have to talk about it anymore.

It would be cool if we required people to give 1 +rep for every -rep to keep people from -repping everyone.
Whata you think?
A better idea would be if the system gave you a -1 rep everytime you give someone else one. I tried to find the hack that DP has in place, but apparently it was coded inhouse.

I don't care about negative rep. I just care about the JACKASSES who use bad grammar when negative repping me. If you can't use proper English, you have no place judging me or anyone else
You have no right telling others whether or not they have the right to have an opinion about you. I'm assuming you're the one who left "Do you like - rep?" as a rep to me. No, I honestly don't care about rep, you may -rep me all you want, it's your right. I just want to point out that usually it's just hosts who care about their rep, because they think it means something to their potential customers and they get their panties in a bunch when people don't like them.

Grow up and get over it.

A better idea would be if the system gave you a -1 rep everytime you give someone else one. I tried to find the hack that DP has in place, but apparently it was coded inhouse.
ouch...
You have no right telling others whether or not they have the right to have an opinion about you. I'm assuming you're the one who left "Do you like - rep?" as a rep to me. No, I honestly don't care about rep, you may -rep me all you want, it's your right. I just want to point out that usually it's just hosts who care about their rep, because they think it means something to their potential customers and they get their panties in a bunch when people don't like them.

Grow up and get over it.

haha. dont worry Devin, you still got plenty of rep. ;)

Grow up and get over it.
I sign all of my + and - rep. Let me rep you to prove that I didn't - rep you.
EDIT: Already Repped you some other time.
Chris

Another idea is to disable -rep for those who abuse this system. That was suggested by Jan and I think it's a good idea. We can look into who's abusing the system, so we will start to disable -rep for a number of members shortly.

If you currently abuse the reputation system in any way I suggest you stop abusing it right now. Otherwise you will loose your -rep power while others still can -rep you. Not so fun anymore, huh?

I think people should stop whining about the rep points. Sure, I do have the most on this forum, but I honestly wouldn't care that much if I were in the red. It's just an internet point system, get over it.

Back