• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shyper.com - Cpanel 9, 100 Megs, No Ads, MySQL, Auto Installs, Instant Activation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, what happened to shyper.com? You can't sign-in!!!

Hey, what happen to shyper.com? You can't sign in!!!

I registered for a Shyper account a week or so ago, and haven't had any issues so far... except with it being down for upgrades.

The '24-48 hours' downtime has so far lasted since at least monday (I had no computer access at the weekend, so I don't know if it was down then). There is, as far as I can see, no indication in the support forums of how much longer this downtime will last.
While my site is currently (other Shyper users have been complaining in the Shyper support forum that their sites keep 'crashing') still viewable, I am unable to edit it or make updates... which is rather irritating as I was aiming to update regularly...

Other than that, however, this is a great free service. While the cp is slightly clumsy, it is still usable, and better than some other cp designs I have used in the past.

Hopefully my.shyper will be usable again soon....

The reason you cannot login into cpanel is simple-you must wait 12/24 hours before the account becomes active,just think of it like the dns server at uni.cc

come from email :
----------------------------------------------------------
****ATTENTION ALL FREE SHYPER USERS****

This notice is not applicable to paid users.

<<<< IMPORTANT NOTICE REQUIRING YOUR IMMEDIATE ATTENTION >>>>

Due to the overwhelming abuse and lack of use of our servers we need to take emergency action to try and clean up our user-base.

It appears that there are many thousands of you who are not using your account, but may have signed up to see what our services are all about. This is fine, however, in order to continue running Shyper's Free Hosting services properly, we need EVERYONE who wants to KEEP their account to fill in a survey/confirmation page.

This will do two things. It will let us know that you do wish to keep your account, and that you are in fact using it. But more importantly it will allow us to get your opinion on our services.

IN ORDER TO KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU MUST FILL THIS SURVEY IN BY 12:01 AM (00:01 - 24 Hour Clock) PDT, Thursday Oct 7, 2004. Failure to do so will result in your account being removed shortly thereafter.

Please note that there is no way for us to restore your account should it get removed.

Additionally, all those FREE users wishing to stay on with Shyper will be moved to new servers, so you may notice some downtime as our DNS updates.

Please click the link below to go to the survey:
http://www.shyper.com/feedback.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah right shyper, maybe u should fix the login thing so ppl can enter cpanel. doesn't work for me both time, so YES be my guest and delete my account LOL

This sounds really good, but when I try to sign up and I click on the free account I get this message:

Due to the overwhelming success of Shyper over the last few months, we have decided to redesign our interface to better accommodate our ever-growing client base. My.shyper and the sign up form are the only services affected by this upgrade.

Due to the overwhelming success of Shyper over the last few months, we have decided to redesign our interface to better accommodate our ever-growing client base. My.shyper and the sign up form are the only services affected by this upgrade.

However, we are now offering paid accounts! Check out our packages here or proceed directly to the order form by clicking here.

Still can't sign up right. Care to explain how to sign up for the FREE account? Every time I try to register for any of the options using any config possible, I never get a free offer.

ddt said:
we are now offering paid accounts!

They also offer free accounts, but I don't think you can get it yet. I don't see why this was posted in the Free hosting offers when it doesn't work.

Shyper Is Bs.
I Did Do The Survy
And Now
Where Is My Site.
Gone.
Its Another Way Of Deleting Users Accounts Just Cuz They Want To Make Money Without Putting In More Money.
Bs Bs Bs

We've been had

I responded to the email Shyper sent out, that was bull. They simply wanted an excuse to close all free accounts. I saw over 4000 people viewed their support question (main support forum disappeared) "why can't I login to my free account?" They claim to be having trouble with the free accounts. Yeah, it's a problem when they've all been deleted. Where is bigshot SHYPERMATT now???? Hiding his lying butt.

Last edited:
*slaps everyone*

Shyper is down, can't you see? Are you all blind?

They are having a huge problem. If you want to swear at them, write an email to them!

Shyper was great until they switched to paid. I can still get into my old sites. Juyst wait, they'll be back

No Bull

shyper is not down.
below site is in my ie fav.
bluemoon.shyper.com
and i did not received mail from them. my site is gone now.

They haven't deleted all free sites, mine is still up, or was as of 12 midnight last night (I haven't checked since then ;))

According to the shyper forums the free service will be back.... just not yet. While the paid registration is still there while the registration for free is down, it wasn't the paid hosting that was being modified to begin with, it was the free hosting.

Hopefully they will continue to offer new free accounts, because this is a good service and I'd like to move one of my other sites to a free Shyper (I can't afford paid hsting, even the cheap ones) ... but the free sign-up isn't open yet. Hopefully it will be soon. Until then... we'll all just have to try and be patient :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back