• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

So, what about lifting the limits?

SiberForum

Well, this is already the second time I am asking about lifting those limits for me and my account. I am here to represent a company and I have done everything to be considered as the full member, since the last time I was asking about this. You may read the posts and see they all have no signs of "bot behavior" as you call this.

Please, lift those limits.

Thank you

I know it's not really my place to be posting here (and if the mods want to remove the post, that's fine with me).... but weren't you limited like a year ago, and you're only just now noticing it?

I just removed another one of your gibberish posts. Again, I'm not sure what the problem is - if you don't speak english and that's what's causing these nonsense posts? I'm sympathetic to that possibility, but we only allow english here. We can accept bad english, but not repeated gibberish and nonsense. Do you read threads and then feel you have to reply with something random even if you have nothing of value to say? I don't know man. It's confusing.

In any case I doubt lifting your restrictions would improve things. I'm sorry, but it's a no at this time. It will only change if your posts change.

It seems you just do not want to hear me. I am sorry not for being understood, but no another forum, where I participate, says the same. I just want to over this discrimination when two-words twitter-style threads appear, and no one knows how exactly that relates to the paid hosting discussion... everything's OK...

At the same time I am constantly receiving warnings just for trying to make my language more colorful, what may cause the lack of understanding from those members who have not enough words in their vocabulary or abstract thinking to convert the said into something that would make sense. This, however, is not my problem! Yes, it might not be a right place for this, but this is also not a reason to limit my rights as the forum member. Moreover some users, are constantly trying to blacken the reputation of me and the company I represent, and no warnings, no limits - everything's ok. This all looks like double standards, doesn't it?

Haven't you still realized I am a real person, using no bot autoposting software?

Plus, this forum doesn't seems to be that active to neglect the users... I am here only due to the tiny hope for smart and serious people rule here, instead of offensive and aggressive users...

Now, to the certain case.
What exactly do you call
repeated gibberish and nonsense.
?

Maybe I have just missed something important?

I think it's likely that you are a person and not a bot. Unfortunately nobody can understand you or what the point of your posts are. So, we feel you're only posting to get your signature everywhere without reading threads or really participating in discussions. That's why your signature has been disabled until we feel things have improved. Some of your posts have improved but then comes a post following that same pattern again.

The thread you complain about is ok. It is about something specific and is related to web hosting. As you can see a lot of people discussed the post. You even made one of your rare replies that everybody could understand to that thread.

I am here only due to the tiny hope for smart and serious people rule here, instead of offensive and aggressive users...
That is the way it should be. The aggressive users drive any smart people away. We aim to correct that in the coming weeks.

That is the way it should be. The aggressive users drive any smart people away. We aim to correct that in the coming weeks.

So do all the stupid people. I'm just wondering, do you have a trick up your sleeve to correct that too?

You can help correct it by educating (nicely) instead of telling them they are stupid.

I have no problem doing so. I understand that we're all newbs at one point. I love sharing my knowledge and helping people out. Ask people around here. Folks email me and PM all the time with questions and what not. But it's when people (primarily teens) get on here and refuse to take constructive criticism. Those are the ones that I call stupid because they don't listen and continuously post nonsense over and over and over despite being told the correct answer, or the correct way of doing something. I honestly think there needs to be a limit on how many "sponsored VPS" and "sponsored dedicated server" threads a person can make, if any.

Perhaps a thread split is in order here.

I have no problem doing so. I understand that we're all newbs at one point. I love sharing my knowledge and helping people out. Ask people around here. Folks email me and PM all the time with questions and what not. But it's when people (primarily teens) get on here and refuse to take constructive criticism. Those are the ones that I call stupid because they don't listen and continuously post nonsense over and over and over despite being told the correct answer, or the correct way of doing something. I honestly think there needs to be a limit on how many "sponsored VPS" and "sponsored dedicated server" threads a person can make, if any.

THIS^

Exactly ----ing this.

I am sorry not for being understood, but no another forum, where I participate, says the same.

Actually, they do. I report you constantly on other forums, because you give the same bot replies over there, as Peo says, apparently just to get your signature out there. You're just lucky because the other forum moderators don't want to do anything about it. Actually, after a quick search, it looks like one other forum decided to delete all your nonsensical posts as well.

You have some points, no doubt. But each case is unique and some new members fear posting requests due to these kind of attacks. That's not good. I think it would be better if we can have some extra patience with members who have less than around 10 posts. Especially if they are teens and clearly don't understand how the business works yet. If they continue to post the same impossible request over and over and refuse to listen to our feedback, yeah that's not ok. But it is up to the moderators to determine when that line has been crossed, not any one member by attacking them.

I understand what you're saying about patience with newbies. I have no problem with that. In a perfect world, they would post a ridiculous offer, folks reply to it saying it's not feasible, the OP learns from it and everybody moves on. But it's not like that. There's young kids on here with over 100 posts (making them "senior members") who continuously ask for the same stupid nonsense over and over despite having their threads and posts deleted. They just make new threads a few days later with no repercussions.

it is up to the moderators to determine when that line has been crossed

^ This brings up another fairly serious problem that I've discussed with you previously. Absenteeism serves no useful purpose.

I remember this discussion where deeplist brought up that we have moderators here but they don't do any real moderating.

I understand what you're saying about patience with newbies. I have no problem with that. In a perfect world, they would post a ridiculous offer, folks reply to it saying it's not feasible, the OP learns from it and everybody moves on. But it's not like that. There's young kids on here with over 100 posts (making them "senior members") who continuously ask for the same stupid nonsense over and over despite having their threads and posts deleted. They just make new threads a few days later with no repercussions.

^ This brings up another fairly serious problem that I've discussed with you previously. Absenteeism serves no useful purpose.

To your second point first. No, it's not a serious problem but yes we are dealing with it.

We wish impossible requests would be pointed out in a more friendly tone by long time members. That's all. And if you feel it's being repeated, instead of attacking the member report it to us. As I see you and others have done recently. And we'll take it from there.

Some of the repercussions for repeated impossible requests are not visible to members so I don't see how you can claim there are no repercussions. And getting your thread/post deleted is also a repercussion. We don't instantly ban people who make an impossible request and that's not going to change.

As always, I appreciate the feedback, thanks.

Back