• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

So, what about lifting the limits?

or, like i have said recently, and in the past, make me a mod. i would gladly help out around here. Peo, your main concern was that you thought i am a web host. i responded saying i dont offer hosting to anyone that is not my client anymore, so, that should resolve that issue. (not to mention that other people that do host have been mods in the past). so, my offer still stands.

this is an excellent idea.

see Peo and Jan, i even have the support of our fellow members. so, how about you hop on making me a mod already. :p

or, like i have said recently, and in the past, make me a mod. i would gladly help out around here. Peo, your main concern was that you thought i am a web host. i responded saying i dont offer hosting to anyone that is not my client anymore, so, that should resolve that issue. (not to mention that other people that do host have been mods in the past). so, my offer still stands.

this..

i have been here longer than other people that have made mod, i dont harass people anymore, and i would be fair with people as a mod. lets just make it official. plus, i spend quite a bit of time here, so, i could help out a lot.

Having lives off the internet ≠ an excuse not to moderate forums when you're appointed to do so.

I think you need to read what Jan told you again since you clearly didn't get any of it.

The most common misconception around here is that moderators rely on reported posts. You don't see what is reported to us. You don't see what is being removed. You don't see who gets a warning. You see a fraction of what is happening and yet you make some wild assumption about moderators only relying on reported posts or not doing their job. That's simply not the case.

There just isn't that much abuse or posts to moderate. We've had 2 posts reported to us over the last 4 days from what I can see. In total we've removed around 10 posts during the last couple of days. All removed within a few hours, most within an hour. If there was this urgent emergency of spam and abuse I guess you can point me to atleast 10 threads right now that needs to be removed?

I think you need to read what Jan told you again since you clearly didn't get any of it.

The most common misconception around here is that moderators rely on reported posts. You don't see what is reported to us. You don't see what is being removed. You don't see who gets a warning. You see a fraction of what is happening and yet you make some wild assumption about moderators only relying on reported posts or not doing their job. That's simply not the case.

There just isn't that much abuse or posts to moderate. We've had 2 posts reported to us over the last 4 days from what I can see. In total we've removed around 10 posts during the last couple of days. All removed within a few hours, most within an hour. If there was this urgent emergency of spam and abuse I guess you can point me to atleast 10 threads right now that needs to be removed?

Take a look into ads and offers for one.
You also fail to realize we CAN see what is being done, maybe not infractions and other nonsense but we see the forums, we probably know whats there and whatnot better than you or jan, your not members. Your admins, you don't really car about our conversations unless one calls you.

Yeah, I'm just not feeling the urgent emergency with abuse and spam or whatever at the forum. Sorry. You'd have to do a better job of convincing me about that. How about pointing out 10 threads?

Yeah, I'm just not feeling the urgent emergency with abuse and spam or whatever at the forum. Sorry. You'd have to do a better job of convincing me about that. How about pointing out 10 threads?

How bout we don't point out ---- since thats basically reporting, find them your damn self.

If there is abuse going on and moderators are ignoring it, then point to the evidence. Otherwise this is just wasting everybodys time.

If there is abuse going on and moderators are ignoring it, then point to the evidence. Otherwise this is just wasting everybodys time.

No Peo, you're wasting our time with the ignorant threads we have to put up with due to the fail moderation and inactive moderators. Please just solve the issue by removing 3 moderators and hell replace them with 1, Justin would be more than perfect for the job.

Please just fix our board for us, we want it to be what it used to, not ignorant.

Since there is no problem and you can't specify or point to any problem, no.

Take a look into ads and offers for one.

I removed one from there yesterday that wasn't reported, but I noticed you took the time to post "this wasn't reported". It would have been just as easy to hit the report button.

Since there is no problem and you can't specify or point to any problem, no.
Fine, destroy the board, I don't particularly give a ---- at this point

I removed one from there yesterday that wasn't reported, but I noticed you took the time to post "this wasn't reported". It would have been just as easy to hit the report button.

Actually it said "Noone report this" and no, it wouldn't have been just as easy

If someone was breaking into the house next door, would you call the cops? Or ignore it because the cops should be doing their job?

Not really trying to get into this fight here, but if there are inactive moderators why are they still moderators? Wouldn't it make more sense to demote them and put new moderators in place that are actually active?

Not really trying to get into this fight here, but if there are inactive moderators why are they still moderators? Wouldn't it make more sense to demote them and put new moderators in place that are actually active?

Thats what we've been trying to say, but Peo doesn't 'feel' that we need it

Back