• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Spent the day in the ER...

Robert

NLC
NLC
Yesterday I got to spend almost a good whole day in the ER! From 5AM till 6PM after feeling chest pains.

iv.jpg

And they placed an IV in my HAND instead of my ARM. Do you know how much that shit hurt?!?!? OMFG. They had to give me pain meds just for the IV lol j/k. But seriously it didn't feel good.. i hate being in the ER.. at least I was VIP and had my own room.

Robert said:
Yesterday I got to spend almost a good whole day in the ER! From 5AM till 6PM after feeling chest pains.

< no use reposting the image >

And they placed an IV in my HAND instead of my ARM. Do you know how much that shit hurt?!?!? OMFG. They had to give me pain meds just for the IV lol j/k. But seriously it didn't feel good.. i hate being in the ER.. at least I was VIP and had my own room.
The ER is not a fun place at all. Hope you feel better soon.

BTW, what makes you a VIP?

Yea man. I had to sit next to a girl (my age) who kept throwing up.

This sounds kinda corny, but my family have donated a large amount of money over the years to this Hospital (www.baptisthealth.net), and in that, anytime we go there we get "special treatment".

But they still treat me as if I'm a patient.. so they poke and stab me and do whatever they want.

I'm under motrin 800MG now, so the pain is gone.

jmiller said:
BTW, what makes you a VIP?
$$$$$$

Here in Quebec everyone's equal as the healthcare system is free.
Me or Robert would of got the same treatments.

Last edited:
Robert said:
And they placed an IV in my HAND instead of my ARM. Do you know how much that shit hurt?!?!?
If it's done right, you shouldn't have had much discomfort Robert. That's where they place one the last time I had surgery. No biggie.

Anyways, hope you are feeling better. A little young to be having chest pains?

Wojtek said:
$$$$$$

Healthcare in the U.S. is free to those who do not have insurance. Infact, those who do not have insurance would go to Jackson Memorial Hospital, one of the best hospitals in the U.S.

I, myself, go to Baptist Hospital, where people with medical insurance.

Curtis H. said:
If it's done right, you shouldn't have had much discomfort Robert. That's where they place one the last time I had surgery. No biggie.

Anyways, hope you are feeling better. A little young to be having chest pains?
Nah it was alright. It's just that in my arm there is more skin to "anchor" the needle down, while my hand has thin skin.

Yea.. collapse lung 6 months ago, so gotta make sure im a-ok. They don't know the cause of the pains, they think it was a gullbladder stone.

Wojtek said:
$$$$$$

That is how it should be, tiered (sp) healthcare is a complete joke.

We do not have it in Canada, except for private clinics.

Everyone should have an equal right to health care whether or not they have money.

You should try the 4 drip and Atrophine visit mate, not pretty, had that a year ago. Crash team and 2 & 3/4 hours later with my ticker doing 240bpm they had to stop it and restart it again - hurt like f*&^ for a few seconds then the relief from the pain set in. You never know how much better it feels till it stops. They took so many blood samples after it they invented a game - hunt the blood vessel - still your still smiling :biggrin2:

Robert said:
those who do not have insurance would go to Jackson Memorial Hospital, one of the best hospitals in the U.S.
unless you have a serious issue or thing, you'll be in a long waiting line. :/

some hospitals do accept those who cant pay or dont have insurance. i beleive mercy pays for some patients w/out insurance.

How did your lung collapse? Haven't been in a hospital since I had to stitch my head and when my arm broke, was like 10 years ago.

[add]excluding visiting my grandpa in hospital 8 years ago.

My collapse lung was spontaneous, it just happened. That was the first time I was ever in a hospital (besides when I worked in that ER), and the first time I ever slept in an ER.

They did all the tests on me the other day, x-ray, ct, sonogram, any tests for sodium, potassium, etc. Everything was normal except my potassium was low, so they gave me a pill as big as my arm and made me swallow it. A banana would have done fine.

The healthcare system in the U.S. isn't at it's finest, but if we continue to pour billions of dollars into another country (ahem Iraq), our health care system will never be fixed. And seeing how Bush wants to cut domestic spending programs such as education, homeland security and other programs if he's re-elected. That could possibly mean healthcare as well.

I was sleeping. I woke up with a very mild pain in my back. Over the course of 3 hours the way increased and wsa now present on the front of my chest with shortness of breath. I went to the ER, after 4 hrs of testing, they determined I had a collapsed lung, stuck a tube in my chest and admited me for 5 days.

As someone who has spent significant time in hospitals, I know how you feel Robert. But I've always had IV's put in my hand, not my arm. Never ended up like it did in that picture. That was a little disturbing. Kinda took me back a bit. I can sort of understand now why people who have been in hospitals before are a little afraid to go back.

Back