• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

SSD VPS hosting advantages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotcom

I came across kvchosting.com web site and recognized that they offer SSD VPS hosting solutions - this attracted me.
What privileges will I have with SSD VPS hosting? Any comments on this host?

Generally on shared hosting, you aren't going to notice a difference. Even with SSD, most shared hosts limit your I/O anyway, so as you can't affect other clients on the server. As well, disk I/O is generally not much of a factor on small websites anyway. Where you notice a real improvement with SSD drives is the larger sites, especially those are heavily database-driven.

As far as the company in particular, I would steer clear from any host that offers "unlimited" hosting...especially as they do, for $2.99/mo. It's a scam, plain and simple...especially with SSD drives, where the drives are smaller to begin with.

Directly from their FAQ: "Our unlimited web hosting has absolutely no restrictions in features such as disk space, domains, email accounts, and bandwidth."

That's awfully funny. I pay hundreds of dollars a month for my dedicated servers. They're trying to say that I could transfer all my dedicated servers worth of stuff to 1 of their "unlimited" plans for $2.99/mo.?? Sounds great! Sign me up! :rolleyes:

Saving one or two dollars per month is not worth the loss of a few hundred or a few thousand dollars when your site goes down.
Kvchosting.com look to be a good option, their ssd vps hosting is 10x faster than regular one. I like them.

SSD hosting offers SSD storage system that are very different from traditional SATA storage. The technology used is very much useful to speed up things for your server.

I highly recommend Kvchosting.com. They're easy to reach, always write back, and the chat method is good too!
Using the code: SSDVPS, you will get 50% off the price on their ssd vps hosting packages. Good luck!

With an SSD VPS you will have much faster disk i/o performance, so the performance of your site will improve dramatically.
Other advantages of SSD hosting are: Increased Reliability and Security, High Stability, and Great Data Transfer Speed.

There are other advantages to SSD, but there are also disadvantages, I suggest you google them and be more informed before you decide to go with it or not. :D

There are number of benefits:

SSD have less risk of being damaged by shocks and vibrations
They are highly stable
Much faster than tradiional HDD
Save time

Essentially, SSDs are faster, more stable, and even more energy efficient. An SSD is 100% stationary, while the older model contains such elements as a spindle, platter, and actuator arm. Moving parts within the traditional system render it more vulnerable to physical harm, while SSDs are considered shock resistant within reasonable parameters.

Pretty good ssd vps deals offered by Zetservers.com team. LZCMP9C14Q to get 15% OFF!
They have top-notch customer service, responding to trouble tickets immediately and consistently.

The processing would be faster in SSD VPS,your website would be much more responsive, visitors need not wait for the website to load and the whole interface seems smooth without much lags and at the backend too storage of data is blazing fast. and load and CPU is reduced by 30%

When you choose SSD hosting they will guarantee much faster read-write performance; this is obviously beneficial compared to non SSD VPS hosting. While you can get faster reads immediately, you will also be able to enjoy the benefit of reduced CPU usage.

When you wait, there is always a high CPU usage because the CPU is processing data in a waiting state to get information from a disk or to write onto the disk.

So, when you use SSD VPS, you can use less amount of CPU; this ensures better CPU performance. With SSDs, your file opening speed can be dramatically increased.

Here are the advantages of SSD VPS
  • The advantage is mostly speed, this is most noticeable.
  • On a more technical level, you will find increased dependability since SSD's are more reliable than traditional mechanical drives.
  • SSD-VPS make you apps work faster and be more dependable.

SSDs have a significantly better performance-to-power rating than traditional HDDs. Most of the hosting companies are now offering SSDs by default with all of their hosting plans.

Speed, ignorance of degrading like fragmentation, robustness, physical size, power requirements, heat creation, sound generation.

To elaborate:

You’d be hard pressed to find a SSD slower than around 4 times the speed of even the fastest HDD. Most (these days) are 10s of times faster.
SSDs just don’t get affected by fragmentation at all, while it’s the bane of HDDs - so the more you use the drive the less speedy it becomes (while with SSD it doesn’t matter how fragmented - it’s still the same speed). Of course using some file systems like EXT4 / BTRFS / etc. alleviates fragmentation, let’s face it most still use fragmentation prone file systems like FAT / NTFS - say thanks to Microsoft for that.
Drop a SSD on the floor and it will still work. Do so to a HDD and all your data is lost as will the drive be completely useless.
A SSD can easily be much smaller in physical size than a HDD, especially if you consider same capacities. The only reason some older SSDs are the same size as the HDD they’re replacing is because they need to get mounted into the same slot - most of the space inside is just air. But with things like M2 mounts you can see all they need to be is a card (around the size of a credit card).
The SSDs tend to use less than a 1/10 th of the power that a HDD does, so stuff like battery life gets extended. If you go with an economical HDD like a WD Green, you then loose even more speed, and usually also compromise on robustness, longevity and / or sound generation.
Due to less moving parts and no mechanical whatsoever, there is no friction - i.e. one less source of heat.
SSDs are completely silent, while HDDs always generate vibrations, motors spinning up and even scraping sounds.

The usual “fear” against SSDs is write-life-cycle, though in all cases HDDs tend to actually perform worse. That’s due to them constantly breaking because of their mechanical movement. Causing things like wear on their moving parts. At present SSDs tend to last about the same to slightly longer than similar HDDs - do some web searching on life expectancies of SSD vs HDD, you’ll be surprised to see the empirical test data.

The only benefit HDD has over SSD is cost - if you compare similar capacities. I.e. a 1TB HDD tends to be cheaper than a 1TB SSD. If you compare against things like life expectancies then the pricing is much closer - e.g. a server grade HDD is about the same cost as a SSD of the same capacity (while their expected life - measured in how many times they’re overwritten - is about the same).

I came across kvchosting.com web site and recognized that they offer SSD VPS hosting solutions - this attracted me.
What privileges will I have with SSD VPS hosting? Any comments on this host?
SSDs are expected to be faster , reliable , and effective. they do not corrupt due to magnetic fields like HDDs. the read write speed is up to 300 Mbps. So they are into huge demands these days.

SSD improves the read-write speed significantly, leading to improved performance of the server, as well as, the website loading speed.

I've also heard SSD is faster and more efficient, but of course much more expensive than HDDs. Also I'd still like to know exactly how much faster it is for it to justify the higher cost, as I'd think common sense that would depend on all of the other technical components, hardware and software that work with the SSD.

I have a great number of external hard disks and flash disks floating around. I'm very conservative and although I do have cloud storage available and have used it in the past to move big chunks of data from my computer to someone else's, I'm not as trusting of cloud to go all out for the long term with it.

I'd say if you were conservative in the use of your storage, like prefer to use hard disks, then HDD is probably the better way to go. But if you like to use cloud storage and have some spare change, SSD is the better way to go for the added speed. Having said that, be careful with the hard disks and make sure you buy them from a reliable source and even when you do, make sure they are in good state of repair. I've had a bad experience with particularly the older mega-external disks that had issues after 3 years of use. In my experience it is always good practice to check up on your HDD disks, do proper maintenance on them, particularly the external ones and to make backups of the older HDDs to newer external disks. With the low prices of high spec HDD these days it's easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back