• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Survey- Hosting

arihantjain

Hello,

I would like to know what people are mostly searching for?

1. Huge Space and BW in Cheap Prices?
    OR
  2. Small Packages with great support and uptime

:)

MOST people will only care about Space and BW, they like to think, as they say, they are getting more bang for their buck. For me, I'd go for #2.

A mixture of both. It all depends on what you think is expensive and whats cheap ;)

I would be willing to pay upto $25/month for a shared hosting account of 5GB diskspace and 20GB bandwidth if the support and speed is good.

A mixture of both. It all depends on what you think is expensive and whats cheap ;)

I would be willing to pay upto $25/month for a shared hosting account of 5GB diskspace and 20GB bandwidth if the support and speed is good.

hi hosting-shack,

I have mostly seen that the hosts offering huge hosting packages in cheap rates mostly have cheap servers that why they are able to provide cheap hosting.

And you all know, cheap servers arent reliable.

[I aint talking about the big hosting companies who own their own datacenters]

:angel:

hi hosting-shack,

I have mostly seen that the hosts offering huge hosting packages in cheap rates mostly have cheap servers that why they are able to provide cheap hosting.

And you all know, cheap servers arent reliable.

[I aint talking about the big hosting companies who own their own datacenters]

:angel:

I would have to say a mixuture of the 2 to be honest, good amount of space and bandwidth with decent support is what i look for.

@ arihantjain

This logic is extremely flawed, just because a company offers a cheap rate doesn't necessarily mean that their server is cheap. Don't let prices fool you someone could charge a higher price and have a cheap server as well.

Unfortunately it is always the big numbers... of space and bandwidth. If you have any doubts just go to the requests' section. Of course most people have requirements about account administration and other software applications.

This logic is extremely flawed, just because a company offers a cheap rate doesn't necessarily mean that their server is cheap. Don't let prices fool you someone could charge a higher price and have a cheap server as well.

Not at all. How can someone sell cheap plans on a costly servers ???? :confused4

he will be in good loss...

Secondly, If someone buys a cheap servers, then of course he will sell hosting at cheap rates to attract customers....

:cool2:

Not at all. How can someone sell cheap plans on a costly servers ???? :confused4

he will be in good loss...

Secondly, If someone buys a cheap servers, then of course he will sell hosting at cheap rates to attract customers....

:cool2:

I think you are concentrating on pricing, there are several quality server providers that offer excellent servers at a fairly reasonable rate. I know several places where a server can be purchased at around 129 - 139 per month. And these servers are Dual 2.8 P4 with 2GB RAM and 300GB HDD x2 with 1500 - 2000 GB Band with cPanel included.The cost of the server does not define the quality of the server is what im saying to you. Now he will not make as much in turn as someone with higher pricing however based on quality of the server and service he or she could make 100-300 dollars per server depending on their pricing structure.

I think you are concentrating on pricing, there are several quality server providers that offer excellent servers at a fairly reasonable rate. I know several places where a server can be purchased at around 129 - 139 per month. And these servers are Dual 2.8 P4 with 2GB RAM and 300GB HDD x2 with 1500 - 2000 GB Band with cPanel included.The cost of the server does not define the quality of the server is what im saying to you. Now he will not make as much in turn as someone with higher pricing however based on quality of the server and service he or she could make 100-300 dollars per server depending on their pricing structure.

Dude, hardware configuration doesnt matter. The main this is what service level provided, server location, and Port speed.

and Dual 2.8 P4 with 2GB RAM and 300GB HDD x2 with 1500 - 2000 GB Band with cPanel included for just $129 a month is "Level 5"

and the same server of level 2 will cost you 300-400 USD a month.

There is much differnce in level 2 and level 5 . I hope you know that. :beer:

Level 5 is also good if you have a tech team. But the main problem comes with the backup or other things

Last edited:
Actually oversellers colocate their servers so they also have older servers (some even second-hand) and they pack them full of hdd, put a connection in and voila! 500 accounts of 200gb each which an average joe would use less than i gb.

And then they get high server loads, bandwith get's clogged and you got your regular huge overseller.

Actually oversellers colocate their servers so they also have older servers (some even second-hand) and they pack them full of hdd, put a connection in and voila! 500 accounts of 200gb each which an average joe would use less than i gb.

And then they get high server loads, bandwith get's clogged and you got your regular huge overseller.

So thats what you do right? You offer unlimited bandwidth, so your an overseller.

good defination....

Back