• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Perfect Host

ace0

All right all of you that have been wondering what host I have been talking about for a while...I was just waiting for a message back to make sure that lots of traffic wouldn't interfere with my website space or anything...but here is what he replied back...

"Nope... Its my gift to the world. This service will stay free, and great
> forever... With more users, the only thing that will come will be more
> services. As years go on, all that will happen is russoweb.com will get
> more stuff as i learn more... and pages will load faster if people come to
> my site cause i'll be able to afford my own server and stuff. But it doesnt
> look like people are gonna be finding us too soon :-\ ... we're having some
> problems finding places to advertise that dont cost a ton. Our budget is
> quite limited as you can imagine."
>
> If you think we're the best in the world, then spread the word!!!! Tell
> everyone you know, and we'll make it lots better. We're trying to make it
> more automated with use of CGI, but we're also going to keep the personal
> features.

As you have probably seen, the host is http://www.russoweb.com.
free, unlimited webspace, no ads, just got ftp, getting cgi, I am not sure what else he has..I am sure some of you guys can help with more features for him.

**********do not sign up through the website...I don't think it works...just email him @ ARusso@russoweb.com, and he will reply usually within a day. My website can be accessed @ http://www.russoweb.com/ace0/, but it doesn't have anything yet-I am planning to next week,(spring break) but anyway...back to russoweb...you might want to give him a password for ftp so you can get started right away...
Seems odd that none of you guys have heard of them...type free unlimited webspace with no ads in a search engine and they are right up there near the top...
I guess that he is a kid, and it isn't actually his server, but, heck, it is a pretty darn good service for free...

OH, AND HE EVEN PROGRAMS ANYTHING FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!THEY CAN DO GAMES, AND A LOT OF OTHER STUFF TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FREE WITH NO ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me your comments on them when you go there

Originally posted by keith
i'll bet he says unlimited dual oc48 backbones :cool:
What? I wonder settle for any less than an OC-255! I need that 10GBps bandwidth! Anyway, the site seems pretty fast right now, but that's probably due to the lack of users.

sounds good but is it stable amd fast? (are those real connection speeds)

Sounds a little to good to be true, don't you think?
Probably it'll just go out as gcsnet went.

Does this russoweb offer domain hosting? :)

Quote from their site:
Russoweb.com makes free websites for people, included is: Javascript, Flash 4, and HTML design. We also create graphics. You simply email the designer of your choice, and they'll give you instructions on setting up your site, and they'll create your site for you. No catches, no banners, no popups, and unlimited web space!

Yeah, I just bet they will! From the looks of their site, my cat could probally do better designing a webpage then thay can.

**Cough** TWU **Cough**

alex russo is like 7! look at his picture on his profile

nothing against little people, but damn, if i started that early i would grow to be the best web designer ever

He is not 7. Do the simple math again. He was born on 1987. He does "look" like he is 7 though if that is what you mean. ;)

But you have to admit, many teenagers are very skillful with the use of their computers at this time period.

I believe that we have many teenagers that are browsing this board. I am not one of them :) When I was a teenager, I was thrilled to have the Commodore 64. And if you are around my age, then you may have tried to increased that thin 5 1/2" (or was it 5 1/4"?) disk storage space by punching a hole on both edges of the disk and flip back and forth to use both sides of the disk. Anyone remember doing that? Those were the good old days....

[Edited by Phil on 04-11-2001 at 09:26 PM]

Originally posted by Phil
And if you are around my age, then you may have tried to increased that thin 5 1/2" (or was it 5 1/4"?) disk storage space by punching a whole on both edges of the disk and flip back and forth to use both sides of the disk. Anyone remember doing that? Those were the good old days....

LOL!! I remember doing that too, back in the day.. hours and hours of hole punching.. and to both of those 5 1/2" and 3 1/2" diskettes.. ahh, sweet memories..

now if only I could do that to CD-Rs....

got an email back- he is looking for CGI scripters, and the server speed is OC-12 backbone with triple T-3 lines

Originally posted by ace0
they DO offer domain hosting...

Free?
"There is currenlty one site package available to individuals. Companies please email ARusso@russoweb.comabout a domain package. Prices start at $100 one time fee."

I like their TOS. No BS!

Back