• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The stupid '25 Line' rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
You include a link in the thread offer, you can put as much information as you wish on that linked page. Respect the rules, consider the free advertising a privilege .

If the responses go more than 25 lines, it might take a while to scroll through responses. IMO, the 25 lines is pretty reasonable amount.

I agree.

All you need is

1. Name Of Company
  2. Url
  3. Plan Name
  4. Space
  5. Bandwidth
  6. Domains
  7. Email
  8. #of databases
  9. Addon : RvSkin
  10. Addon: Rvskinsitebuilder
  11. Addon: Fantastico
  12. 24- Hour support
  13. Phone number
  14. email
  15. extra

Even Andy's example is a little long.

Hi, my name is ____ with _____ hosting and I think our ____ plan would be perfect for you.
100000000mb space
10000000000000000000000mb transfer
Unlimited email accounts, addon domains, MySQL databases
cPanel 11 with Fantastico, RvSkin, & RvSiteBuilder
99.99999999999999999999999999999999% uptime guarantee, or $1000 cash back
24 hour support by email at fadss @ fdaas.com or by phone at 1-800-555-5555
Order Here: Link
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Now THAT's what I call an offer. Any longer is stupid. They don't want to hear about how your company was founded in 1896 by a British pioneer named Frank or about how you're TOS forbids this and that. Theres all that info on your website for a reason, right?

Having more information on the offer actually has a point to it you know? Have you ever wondered why ads in newspaper and etc have fine print? Nobody wants to create confusion and while it is up to the customer to completely understand what he/she is buying a lot of problems can be created when and if someone purchases based on an offer without complete information. In this case, it may become a legal issue.

In Canada and most of the states, if the customer purchases on a suggestion by a salesperson then what that salesperson has said becomes implied in the contract, regardless of if it is actually written in the contract or not.

And you say that they don't want to hear when your company was founded..I think that's just a stupid statement. And you realize that if your TOS prohibits something that is not considered "reasonable in the industry" and you do not bring the costumer's attention to it during the agreement then the customer can be held not liable for that restriction and in some extreme cases can sue for damages and negligence?

And the argument that you should only include such and such information in an offer is also ridiculous. Each customer is different, and each has his/her own needs.

Last edited:
Having more information on the offer actually has a point to it you know? Have you ever wondered why ads in newspaper and etc have fine print? Nobody wants to create confusion and while it is up to the customer to completely understand what he/she is buying a lot of problems can be created when and if someone purchases based on an offer without complete information. In this case, it may become a legal issue.

In Canada and most of the states, if the customer purchases on a suggestion by a salesperson then what that salesperson has said becomes implied in the contract, regardless of if it is actually written in the contract or not.

And you say that they don't want to hear when your company was founded..I think that's just a stupid statement. And you realize that if your TOS prohibits something that is not considered "reasonable in the industry" and you do not bring the costumer's attention to it during the agreement then the customer can be held not liable for that restriction and in some extreme cases can sue for damages and negligence?

And the argument that you should only include such and such information in an offer is also ridiculous. Each customer is different, and each has his/her own needs.

That is why you have all the information on the website. People don't buy directly from FWS, they get the smaller details from the ad section... and whenever I shop for hosting or servers, I go to the website and look through all the details.

As someone who may be looking for hosting, I don't want to scroll though a pile of crud when all I asked for was xxxMBs space/xxGBBandwidth/cp doesn't matter. I don't want to know what you had for breakfast and all the stuff that cpanel offers. The reason we set a limit because everyone was posting a pile long pile of crap and it was hard for the requester to find if what he or she wanted was actually offered.

The reason we set a limit because everyone was posting a pile long pile of crap and it was hard for the requester to find if what he or she wanted was actually offered.

Did you guys actually receive complaints about this? Because if you did then that would make sense as to where the rule came from since very few other sites have such a rule in place.

Just curious is all :)

I haven't seen
anyone using this
feature in a while

I find that feature confusing, time consuming, and annoying.
Still doesn't give anyone an excuse to break the 25-line rule.

Just to clarify and to give my own personal opinion on this rule, I find it a little harsh and should be a minimum of maybe 30 lines. However, rules are rules.

Just to clarify and to give my own personal opinion on this rule, I find it a little harsh and should be a minimum of maybe 30 lines. However, rules are rules.

See the thing is if it was bumped up to 30 lines and someone got an infraction for it being 31 then they would complain about it then to.

Does not matter what you set it to if there is a limit and someone gets in trouble for breaking it then it will be disputed.

Does not matter what you set it to if there is a limit and someone gets in trouble for breaking it then it will be disputed.
Exactly! So how about we leave it as it is. Set it higher and we will still get (rare) complaints like we do now.

Well,

Could somebody useful explain how to use the darned table feature as I seriously DO NOT understand it :D

I find it kinda pointless to give an infraction or a warning for 1 line over the limit...

I see no problem with the 25 line rule... You should be able to get all that is needed in 25 lines but with some leanicy... such as going 1 line over... Maybe PM them and tell them that but still Its a rule set in place but then again the rules arent set in stone...

As far as i know :p

d) Two points for 1 line is a bit OTT
e) Show some love and consideration, sheez!
f) :shame:
Did you not read he didnt give it to you so why you quoting him?

Incompetence.

I agree 2 is OTT but it could be worse... a warning woulda sufficed tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back