• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

TheNYNoc Review Desired

stereofreak69

http://thenynoc.com/vps.html

I am thinking of purchasing a plan there. The VPS1 w/10,000GB Disk space to be exact.

Does anyone have a hosting account there? I know one did, but just sold it because he says he didnt need it. I find that a tad fishy, but will remain unbiased for a while until someone posts

Thanks.

Stereofreak69

Hi,

As myself being a B2B (business to business) dealer I had many problems. The service is good when it up and going.. Can take a while to prepare the services for the client.

Mind you I was a business partner dealing with them. May be best to look at webhostingtalk for some reviews.

I have a vps there and i wouldnt really recommend it... The HyperVM always goes down. Andy the owner really wont tell you much about the nodes he has... My account was supposed to have 512mb dedicated but they tryed to fool me thanks to HyperVM showing the burstable ram not dedicated so they gave me 256 dedicated and 512 burst... I found it out and told them and they where all like "Simple Mistake... Easy Fix" and if you experience problems that "others" arent experiencing he will deny support

Overall: Theres better companys... Stay away from TheNYNoc

Ps... For more reviews search

http://webhostingtalk.com

I think that you shouldn't be in a hurry and you need to wait little bit. Learn more reviews about them, maybe ask for the test account

Try to search and find out reviews about them before accepting personal comments. That will be the best way to make a decision. Best of luck.

They are just not worth the money you have... I suggest looking at diffrent companys :)

i have a vps there and i wouldnt really recommend it... The hypervm always goes down. Andy the owner really wont tell you much about the nodes he has... My account was supposed to have 512mb dedicated but they tryed to fool me thanks to hypervm showing the burstable ram not dedicated so they gave me 256 dedicated and 512 burst... I found it out and told them and they where all like "simple mistake... Easy fix" and if you experience problems that "others" arent experiencing he will deny support

overall: Theres better companys... Stay away from thenynoc

ps... For more reviews search

http://webhostingtalk.com

have you tried them?

:p.....

To be fair Jan's probarly just skimmed the topic and seen your last post thinking it was your first in the topic and you werent saying you were hosted by them:p

I dont have exp with them, but read many -ve reviews about them. So better go for another like godaddy or liquidweb

I was with them for almost 2 months, and it was HORRIBLE!!!

The VPS they gave me did not have enough allotted CPU to run even the MySQL. I told them about this and they said it was one of my websites overloading the server. They obviously hadn't checked on anything at all because I didn't have ANY websites hosted on the server at that time.

The server went down and I lost all of my data. I asked them for the backups that they were supposed to have made, and surprise surprise, there wasn't one! They continued to blame it all on me and I ended up with nothing!

So basically, they tried to rip me off. They have no idea what they're doing, or they don't care. Andy is rude, and a con-artist. Their other "support techs" were useless and rude as well.

Overall, if I had to rate them on a 1-10 scale, they would get a -1! They were the WORST company I ever hosted with! Avoid them at all costs! If you check WHT you'll see all the horrid reviews they have received. If you Google them you get some interesting info also.

I also suggest LiquidWeb.com. They were the best I ever used.

I probably should leave out the link to prove my point. But I know a person who was hired there with a simple resume (no interview or background check) given access to livehelp records ( which showed credit card transactions) And then layed off in less then 24 hours because he has just been informed by his boss that he had to many staff. LMFAO sounds like poor management to me.

10,000GB on a VPS hosting? Overselling on a shared hosting is understandable, but Overselling VPS or a Dedicated Sever is dangerous in my opinion.

10,000GB on a VPS hosting? Overselling on a shared hosting is understandable, but Overselling VPS or a Dedicated Sever is dangerous in my opinion.

Why would it be overselling, it is possible when you use a NAS for storage.
Not saying that they are using it, as i don't know how they build their VPS solution.

But you are just jumping to a conclusion while you are not knowing how their infrastructure is setup.

Being able to make a profit with those specifications at those prices is another discussion.

Back