• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Thread Closed] are these any good

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ATI Radeon LE DDR serves me well... though I am gonna upgrade when my Birthday approaches. Top of the line ATI... no problem. Top of the line performance is all I want and a decent price.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

I don't think so.

The ATI Radeon 8500 works with most boards, and it won't ruin any boards. Maybe you should do some studying before you make blind assumptions.

I know what I said is 100% true, I have had three mother boards in the past few months and one of them was ruined because I didn't pay any attention and I put a radeon card in there. The mother board still works but the AGP slot acts funny now, one company that doesn't (or maybe does now) is ECS EliteGroup motherboards. I am not making any assumptions I am speaking from experience.

Originally posted by guitarnerd

A lot of mother boards require Nvidia cards, so don't count on everyone being able to get an ATI
um.. where did you hear this from? this sounds pretty absurd..

can you name a motherboard that will only work with Nvidia cards?

you would have to be insane to use a 128MB card, since like i said almost all games dont even use more then 32MB

I know what I said is 100% true,

Whatever.

I have had three mother boards in the past few months and one of them was ruined because I didn't pay any attention and I put a radeon card in there.

Incorrect. I built six computers all with Radeon cards. That is what I get for returning favors. I have built many computers with Radeon cards, and not one messed up.

The mother board still works but the AGP slot acts funny now, one company that doesn't (or maybe does now) is ECS EliteGroup motherboards. I am not making any assumptions I am speaking from experience.

I am also speaking from experience. The ATI kicks Geforce's ---.

Giancarlo you are missing the point and being argumentative over over something stupid it is fact that radeon cards do not work in all motherboards, and some NEED nvidia cards.
And it is fact that it can cause problems because of different voltage settings etc. that is all fact so don't argue, I posted what I posted because I am trying to warn him of things that can possibly cause problems.f

Giancarlo you are missing the point and being argumentative over over something stupid it is fact that radeon cards do not work in all motherboards, and some NEED nvidia cards.

And that is the fault of the manufacturers of the boards, not Radeon.

And I hear some boards don't work Nvidia.

And it is fact that it can cause problems because of different voltage settings etc. that is all fact so don't argue, I posted what I posted because I am trying to warn him of things that can possibly cause problems.f

That is not all fact and again is you trying to be smarter and better than other people while ignoring their opinions on the matter. You are not always right about everything. You assume that whenever talking to me and I find it very disrespectful.

Get a damn Radeon Card with a Gigabyte Board.

Boards that have no problems with nvidia:

ECS (My friend tested it, 8500)
Gigabyte
Soyo (Not recommend, because the board is bad itself)
Asus
Abit
Biostar
DFI
EPOX
FIC
Leadtek
MSI
Shuttle (Not recommend, the board is also bad)
Soltek
Tyan

I have tested Radeon cards on boards from each and every brand above because I build computers for people.

the past few years have shown that the geforce has had more hardware compatibility issues than ATI, especially with regards to providing adequte power supply. but that is not to say that cards from either company are completely trouble free. ATI's main problem is that their drivers are a bit buggy.

I haven't seen a motherboard that strictly requires an Nvidia board to work with it unless it was already integrated in the motherboard. Motherboard manufacturers design their motherboards to comply with the AGP specification, and not for just one board or one company. That way, there's some room for customization for PC vendors.

In fact, I've heard that the new Geforce 4 has some problems even fitting into certain motherboards.

Originally posted by stu
In fact, I've heard that the new Geforce 4 has some problems even fitting into certain motherboards.

ROTFLMAO, god i wonder who is going to take the fall for that

Originally posted by stu
it's true:

i know, i wasnt doubting it, ill read over it later, i took a look at the pictures, so i get the idea... at first i thought you meant it wouldnt fit in the AGP slot

The GeForce4 Ti4600 beats the ATI Radeon 8500 hands down. I'm not saying that ATI cards aren't any good, but you can clearly see by any benchmarks that the Ti4600 easily beats the 8500 from ATI.

The MX series has a lower core speed along with lower memory speeds. They can't overclock as much as the Ti series either.

you can over clock a gfx card?

i mean, wouldnt a MX work if someone got it? i mean its not horible...

if i was to get the card i would spend the extra 20-30$ for a better card if needed

Originally posted by is0lized
you can over clock a gfx card?
Yes you can.
i mean, wouldnt a MX work if someone got it? i mean its not horible...
Sure MX cards work. Hell, an MX440 is 100 times better than what I have now. The Ti200 would just give you better performance. I don't know how big of a deal it would make to you, but you'd probably get an extra 30 or so FPS with the Ti200 in most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back