• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Thread Closed] are these any good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by stu

the past few years have shown that the geforce has had more hardware compatibility issues than ATI, especially with regards to providing adequte power supply. but that is not to say that cards from either company are completely trouble free. ATI's main problem is that their drivers are a bit buggy.

I haven't seen a motherboard that strictly requires an Nvidia board to work with it unless it was already integrated in the motherboard. Motherboard manufacturers design their motherboards to comply with the AGP specification, and not for just one board or one company. That way, there's some room for customization for PC vendors.

In fact, I've heard that the new Geforce 4 has some problems even fitting into certain motherboards.

Hey, Stu come give me a hug.

J/K

Thanks for the backup... I thought I was all alone with being an Pro-ATI Person.

The GeForce4 Ti4600 beats the ATI Radeon 8500 hands down. I'm not saying that ATI cards aren't any good, but you can clearly see by any benchmarks that the Ti4600 easily beats the 8500 from ATI.

I would like to see these benchmarks. :rolleyes:

ATI is releasing a new card to kick Geforce's ---... and gain market.

If you want effective price and performance go with the ATI Radeon 8500. If you got money in your pocket, and want better performance go with the new All-in-wonder 8500DV ($299). It beats the Geforce4 Ti4600.

is that USD or Pesos?

and i would mabey spend 150$ on it if its work it...

$400 USD for geforce4 128MB, way too price, next card will be 256, since they double the card mem each time

Originally posted by is0lized
is that USD or Pesos?

and i would mabey spend 150$ on it if its work it...

$400 USD for geforce4 128MB, way too price, next card will be 256, since they double the card mem each time

Dollars. Pesos aren't worth anything anymore.

I know once you get the latest, it is outdated. It pisses me off. ;)

one you walk out of the pc store with top of the line pc its outdated...

least geforce and ATI are thinking about the future, man will game makers be able to do alot with 128MB when most games use arround 32, wooha!

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Thanks for the backup... I thought I was all alone with being an Pro-ATI Person.
Well.. I'm not really pro-ATI or pro-Nvidia.. I buy whatever card matches my needs.

I have had cards from both companies, and they both make great cards. From my experience, I find that ATI cards to have better color quality. I like my games to look good with all the eye candy effects turned on. My Radeon 32MB DDR is pretty fast enough for my gaming needs, so I don't really need a new GF4 Ti, or Radeon 8500.. It'll be a while till I upgrade again.

Right now, Nvidia is the performance leader with the GF4. That's because the GF4 was recently released. The Radeon 8500 was meant to compete with the GF3. ATI hasn't released their card to match the GF4, but they'll have something coming out soon.

my 16MB card works pretty much fine like i said, but its the damn restarts that pisses me off when it cant handle what im doing...

im thinking about getting a 64MB card, that will last me awhile like i said in every other post about how much games use

yeah i know a 32MB will do fine, but a 64MB will let me grow, people that have a 128MB card have 200 feet of leg room

isnt it like the voodoo card drive wise? you need to get hacked drivers? i mean, whats wrong with the drivers now?

isnt it like the voodoo card drive wise? you need to get hacked drivers? i mean, whats wrong with the drivers now?

No.

You have to throw away the CD, and install the drivers from the Windows Update page.

why dont the cd drivers work?

They are outdated. I don't even bother installing CD Drivers for anything I am installing besides my Lexmark X73 and Internet. I just get the internet set up and download the drivers from the Microsoft update page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back