• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ubuntu 7.04 Beta

Well I got it downloaded. Still have to get it loaded though. Reading the known bugs, I believe I'll abstain from LVM this time.

I might try it later too
Please give us a report on whats good/bad/differnt about it :beer:

Wow.... looking good :p

I might install it on a spare computer later on :D

:lol: thats right your a real unbutu lover arnt you

Last edited:
Haven't had time to check out the server edition yet, but the Desktop edition is sweet. And the new Gnome is absolutely beautiful, definitely trying to compete with Windows Aeroglass.

I have 300 Ubuntu 5.10 CDs and 20 Ubuntu 6.04(?i think?) CD's lying around. Maybe I'll download this one (for once -- too much fun with the free CDs feature) and try it out. I'm tired of messing with PMS-y Slackware and Debian.

Actually it's more like PMS-y X-Windows. Debian and Slack are solid on the command line. I'm just X-windows-challenged.

Upgrading now. File 52 of 1023, should be done by morning, I'll let you know how it goes.

ill get it when my net gets sorted:p current speed of 17.52kbps!
(were meant to be on 8mb broadband)

I've installed it with no errors, although im a fan of debian, Ubuntu is debian based thank god.

I still can't find the theme that looks like aeroglass?

*cough*Tree has a crappy internets connection*cough*

I download at 1 MB/sec lol
It downloaded relatively quickly, but the configuration and whatnot took a bit, and I sure wasn't going to wait up for it to finish. It upgrades very nicely and without much trouble. The wireless connection feature is very nice.

"Plug and play network sharing with Avahi: This new feature allows users to automatically discover and join a wireless network and share music, find printers and more."

Oh windows = PWWWNED!

Any word on when it will be officially complete and out?

no word but I'll post it when it does...

Ubuntu IS good for a server :)

Supported software with WINE:
- Steam
- http://wuensche.ca/Screenshot.png - uTorrent
- Winamp 5.3
- Google Earth (A native version on the google earth website)
- FileZilla (A version for linux is there)
- Windows Live Messenger

List Will grow as I test more stuff
Please suggest some programs for me to test

Last edited:
Supported software with WINE:
- Steam
- http://wuensche.ca/Screenshot.png - uTorrent
- Winamp 5.3
- Google Earth (A native version on the google earth website)
- FileZilla (A version for linux is there)
- Windows Live Messenger

Please suggest some programs for me to test

I'm not sure why anyone would run filezilla with wine as version 3 is available for linux :D

Could you possibly test dreamweaver 8 and see if it runs better than on Ubuntu 6? I know it runs exceptionally well on FC 6/7.

Back